"4x0=0"

"
Einkil wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:

No im talking from a developer point of view. We have data that shows the most ppl care about is LOOT - even more, when they get better loot they tend to buy more stuff from shop...

Want to see this data ? Sure you can apply for job on our company /via priv.

L2R:

Risk vs Reward? Non Existant...Like killing Malachai in Merciless. No point
(FOR ME missing) The reward is killing him. If all you care about is loot and not the challenge I feel a little sorry for you.

We can all claim a view we are talking from, doesn't make it true. You are claiming a predominant view yet providing no evidence for such so your claim is easily dismissed. Since you are the one making the claim the burden of proof falls upon you.

Show me that more people care about loot than playing the game because they find the mechanics fun, or that they enjoy the challenge, or any other reason that people find reward in playing this game. You can keep saying that people like loot, that is obvious, yet saying that people like loot is NOT indicative of them thinking the highest reward is aquiring BIS gear.

Tl;Dr A claim without substantiation is not proof, just a claim.

In regards to the L2R part. The precise thing that I took issue with is the fact that the poster made their opinion a statement of fact (Risk vs Reward? Non Existant...Like killing Malachai in Merciless. No point).

What even is the point of the L2R other than to try to be antagonistic. It did nothing to prove any point you have in this conversation.

Thats not the point. The point was that 'FOR YOU' the reward is killing him. For most ppl it is not. The whole proof can be fact that GGG rised demn drop rates...

If developer of the game thinks that drops are too shitty and rises the drop rates so higher amount of ppl can taste the high budget builds, yea its pretty much confirmed its about the loot itself...

Sorry but using hammer and nail to open some ppl eyes is not my kind of style. Being too stupid to get some points from balance changes and developers manifesto also...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
I'm pretty sure 0.00000000000000000001 X 4 = 0.

Disprove the math, please.

You already did.

significant digits
1 significant digit x 1 significant digit != 0 significant digits

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 6, 2015, 10:54:24 AM

Yikes! That looks painful O-O
increase in T1 unique drops cant be noticed by single player....it can only be noticed on poe.xyz.....400% increase will be noticed there in aproximatly those numbers.....well not now since most people stoped playing, but if this drop rates stay, in new league there will be aprox 4 times more T1 uniques on xyz, which mean people will drop their prices so they could sell and buy what they need.....since chances to find T1 unique is very small, and to find T1 unique for your build, yea, not gonna happen

more people will be able to afford those T1 uniques, prices will drop a lot

same thing with map "buff".....99% of people cant notice difference, because they dont use 4 chisels, 3 sac fragments, 10+ chaos orbs and expensive zana mod on every map they play....and drop rates are balanced exactly around that.....thats why i dont play maps anymore, it became just so fucking expensive....with every introduction of somethin new, like sac frags, zana mods, shit is more and more expensive

the more you play the less you have ....in a freaking ARPG....go figure
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

Pffff logic man! UZz brainzzz
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

Pffff logic man! UZz brainzzz

And how would you know what i am talking about?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

1 significant digit x 1 significant digit != 0 significant digits

You are right, thanks for correcting me. I mixed up the rule on trailing zeroes and botched that big time. If I had converted to scientific notation, I probably wouldn't have made that glaring mistake.

4x10^0 x 1x10^-19 =4x10^19 <--looking at it this way, such a number would make finding a T1 unique like finding one particular proton in 72 drops of water.

Soon it will be, Shavs everywhere! I wonder how many Shavs it will take to get a chaos orb next league?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
The reality is Shavs aren't that good anymore, because low-life builds aren't that good anymore (on average; I'm sure someone can link an OP one but it will still require other great gear). It's not really a big deal that more people will have them.

"Uniques" are strange in PoE because they're actually designed to be common, but build-enabling rather than the best gear. Getting a great rare is still the ultimate goal. This change just allows more people access to the builds enabled by T1 uniques, without buffing the builds themselves. It's a good thing.

True casuals still won't be able to afford one, but fewer players who put in hundreds of hours and feel like they're still gated from certain builds will get burnt out and move on to another game. That's why I support "economy buffs" like this.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Soon it will be, Shavs everywhere! I wonder how many Shavs it will take to get a chaos orb next league?

Lol WTB Shavs 5:1c
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Sep 7, 2015, 2:39:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info