"4x0=0"

Funny that people use the "game wasn't designed" argument to complain about a design decision.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Honestly t1 uniques should still be very hard to find.

For example, in 3000 hours plays, I found 3 shavs.

Under this new system, I would have found 12, but that's still 250 hours each or more than 10 days straight of time played.

Still rare enough, but not prohibitively rare.

I have high IIQ/IIR though.

Spoiler
I also found a mjolner today, probably kind of a fluke but whatever.

If the new unique drop formulas do work this way then I say hurray! If your experience is pretty much typical (we all know that RNG can be streaky and is always cruel) of drop rates then getting 1 Shav every 250 hours played instead of 1000 hours played is a much better way to keep us playing PoE and buying mtx's as we're being fed more often and happier (masochists and flippers need not chime in here about price collapses). Based on other posts and my own (this is all speculation as we have nothing comcrete from GGG) in that I stated if there are 5 Shavs that drop for every 50,000 players (0.01% drop chance) and it goes up to 20 drops per 50,000 (0.04%) then my individual chance of a Shav is only 3% more likely and I don't know how that translates into actual number of hours playing per drop on average (taking RNG into account). Does anyone have a way to better quantify this and represent the drop change in terms of average number of hours played per Shav drop? Is GGG going to also make this work across other higher tier uniques or is this only for Shavs? More data is needed.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
chromafunk wrote:
I have seen unid shavs flowing in trade chat today :)

Not a bad change, the rare good items should be the really expensive ones. Shavs will be around 30 exa, still expensive but not prohibitive. And specially in leagues those items will be more available.

Shav was 12ex in wb befor the patch
On leagues yeah. I dropped one actually. Not 12, more like 14.
What it changes for casuals?
- easier to buy endgame uniques

What it means for flippers ?
-more shit to flip for smaller income

What it means for hardcore players and streamers ?
- they get full endgame shavs mjolnoob uber farmer in first week.

Wht it means for you ?
- nothing with your shit RNG you wont drop shit like always.

Ps. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 x 0 = 0
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Malone you take way to literal obviously they mean it wont make a bit of difference. Like their map drop buff. Remember that one how you doing with it? Yeah thats what I thought. I expect you'll find same amount of shavs as before - ZERO
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 3, 2015, 3:35:08 PM
For me this change means pretty much nothing, i play solo self found...i never got one of those high tier uniques and i'd expect that even with the "x4" boost to their drop rate i'll still not get them.

Over all i'm sure that the increase will look significant but that something GGG will see and maybe the game will see after several months.

and while 0x4=0 is maybe a bit of an exaggeration it's pretty effective at getting the point across...it's going the effectively be that for many of the players, because the really small drop rate before times 4 is still a really small drop rate.

Same with the map drop buff, i'm sure GGG have all the figures and there is a significant increase of drops for the levels they buffed BUT if you look at the forums they are still whining about it.

This is why there is so much butt hurt and QQ on the forums...people can't seem to grasp how buffs or nerfs will effect them...they just knee jerk react and blow it out of proportion.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 3, 2015, 3:55:56 PM
This game isnt balanced around self found, its balanced around trading. If you think 4x the supply of end game uniques wont lower the prices significantly then you are stupid.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
"
antilev2 wrote:
This game isnt balanced around self found, its balanced around trading. If you think 4x the supply of end game uniques wont lower the prices significantly then you are stupid.

It's balanced around both actually. You can balance a game around points before the endgame is reached, you know. It's not like progression with self found is a miserable experience, it's actually very easily done. Trading just trivializes the process.

So really if you think about it, the game is balanced around self-found until you get to endgame mapping in the mid to high 70s.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
dp
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 3, 2015, 5:01:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info