Some food for thought.

"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
I get the currency i need to roll 79+ maps + zana mods from trading.

Finally, an answer! Thank you.

Being forced to trade, and not 'just' trade, but generate enough currency to run these maps on a regular basis, is WRONG. How many PoE players do you think are selling 20c+ worth of stuff per hour? That's if you want to run even 1-2 maps per hour, forget about fast clear speed builds.

Not to mention that those chaos orbs have to come from somewhere. Who is dropping them?
a) farm bots (not going to discuss that)
b) new players who are not yet heavily into mapping and don't have enough good drops of their own

Your strategy is based on using other people's time/work. But it's a pyramid scheme. It only benefits the traders who are high enough in the food chain, and only for a limited time. It requires a constant influx of new casual players to supply currency to you. Right now it's working because of the spike in player interest caused by the Awakening. But if the things stay as they are, your income will dry out soon enough. And then you won't be able to sustain even your current level. Zana's prices are fixed, they will not go down as the market gets saturated.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable (thank you, Matt Bellamy :)).

I think you kinda miss the point of endgame mapping. GGG has stated multiple times they don't want you to sustain 79+ pool. Those maps are supposed to be rare.

Also 20c an hour? Hehe. You spend alot more then that, and yes you will need a big shop to keep up with those spendings. But then again you don't need to go 92+. You aren't supposed to atleast.

Your theory on trading is hilarious btw. I have no clue why anything would be a pyramid scam, and why do you need bots? Millions of maps are being run every week. That generates millions of chaos. Stop being so shallow, and blame your own incompetence on GGG or trade. Besides this topic is not about trading. Or how to sustain the currency needed for 79+ maps. I am fine with trading and im good with spending alot of currency. I'm glad it takes effort. I have enough currency to sustain mapping till then end of the league without ever selling something from my shop again. It's called putting effort into the game, and enjoy trading. Like many people do.
Last edited by Miská on Sep 3, 2015, 7:07:22 PM
"
Miská wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
Like i said before, if you run only 75's you will run out of 75's eventually. You will however gain many 74's and a few 76-77 back who can help restore the 75 pool. I went back and forth like that even back to 73 alot. Not because i ran out of 75 maps, but just to not ever run out of them. When my 76 base was really strong, i did the same there. Expect your current pool to dry out while working on it. Use lower tiers to replenish it if you can't move higher yet.

As I said, I am not running out of my 75 pool. I am running out of my 75+ pool, so 75 and anything higher. It is depleting.

Then you need run more 75's to replenish them. Take 20x 75 maps and vaal them all.

I already ran more than 20 vaaled 75+ maps, plus a lot of non-vaaled chisel/alch/chaosed ones.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 3, 2015, 7:59:15 PM
"
Miská wrote:
I am fine with trading and im good with spending alot of currency. I'm glad it takes effort. I have enough currency to sustain mapping till then end of the league without ever selling something from my shop again. It's called putting effort into the game, and enjoy trading. Like many people do.

I bet you loved Auction House 3 too. Such trade paradise! But I don't care to trade. I play PoE for the build diversity. Yes, I get what you are saying: that's my problem. Trade or don't play. But I still hope that GGG doesn't cater to people like you. I believe that you are in the minority, and the average player (i.e. the main source of income for GGG) is more like me. If I believed otherwise I would be long gone.

However, if you are a big trader, you enjoy trading, and you are still not happy with the current mapping costs - that means there is something very wrong.
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
I am fine with trading and im good with spending alot of currency. I'm glad it takes effort. I have enough currency to sustain mapping till then end of the league without ever selling something from my shop again. It's called putting effort into the game, and enjoy trading. Like many people do.

I bet you loved Auction House 3 too. Such trade paradise! But I don't care to trade. I play PoE for the build diversity. Yes, I get what you are saying: that's my problem. Trade or don't play. But I still hope that GGG doesn't cater to people like you. I believe that you are in the minority, and the average player (i.e. the main source of income for GGG) is more like me. If I believed otherwise I would be long gone.

However, if you are a big trader, you enjoy trading, and you are still not happy with the current mapping costs - that means there is something very wrong.

You seem to be so bitter about your own incompetence to see another pov clearly. Just because i have plenty of currency doesn't mean i trade alot. I play 99.9% of the time. You don't need to spend much time at all trading in Poe. You just are not able to do it. That doesn't make it bad.

It's pretty funny you think GGG will stop trade because they say themselves it's one of their main features. Trading is part of Poe. If you don't care to trade whatsoever then either quit PoE or accept you will have to do without the perks of trading. Wich is faster progression. Stop wanting everything while handicapping yourself, and then calling it bad. It's getting really old. Same with the 'everyone thinks like me' theory you seem to have going. Alot of people do, alot don't. But it's part of the game. So accept it or move on.

Now please stay ontopic or just don't respond any longer. This is not about map drops or trading. It's about the general state of the game. And why players are leaving quicker then you can shout 'hi'.
Both the trade system / economy and the map system are, I am pretty sure, a reason for a significant fraction of the quits. The map system was also explicitly mentioned in the opening post, which furthermore was entitled "food for thought", and a natural thing when thinking about things is that you are mentally flexible enough to think about things connected to those things causally (yes, I had to use "things" that often in that sentence).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 4, 2015, 6:34:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info