Some food for thought.

"
Char1983 wrote:
I mean, how much do you get on average from a map? 1 Chaos and 1 Fusing maybe, a Vaal or GCP if you are lucky. Let's say 1c on average for the SAC pieces from the corrupted boss. Lets say like 5c on average, plus maybe 3c of stuff you vendor or trade, 8 Chaos in total, on average.

You need to spend:

- 4 Chisels (about 1.3 Chaos)
- 1 Alchemy (no idea, maybe .3 Chaos? Doesn't really matter)
- A few Chaos to re-roll, let's say 3
- 3 SAC fragments (3+ Chaos)
- Vaal about maybe half the time (thats 0.7 Chaos)

So, that is about 8 Chaos per map, just sustainable, if you do some trading. If you do not do trading, you already have a problem. The question is: What kind of map level can you sustain without Zana mods?

You don't get anywhere with trading 4-40 chaos rares / uniques. 82 maps are going for 2 ex ea thats about 100 chaos. Its insanity, not sure how GGG expects people to actually complete these challenges with those map costs. Not to mention the currency the divination one costs and the 1/20 boss spawn chance of warbands. And these bosses don't even have better drops than the rest of the warbands.
2.0 is terrible. They took an already horrible map drop rate and made it worse where game stops at maps 75-76 for most players. The made decent mid tier unique drop less, e.g. lightning coil, Carcass Jack. Honestly I don't know how they are keeping players at all. You no lifed it obviously by reaching 96 so made due but most cant. About defenses well I usually play glass cannons just what I like over 100K dps and kill them before they kill me idea. Most maps this is possible still. Had trouble with village ruin and prolly wont be able to do core if one ever drops. Point is many are too much glass and not enough cannon but its still a viable playstyle.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 31, 2015, 4:17:39 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
2.0 is terrible. They took an already horrible map drop rate and made it worse where game stops at maps 75-76 for most players. The made decent mid tier unique drop less, e.g. lightning coil, Carcass Jack. Honestly I don't know how they are keeping players at all. You no lifed it obviously by reaching 96 so made due but most cant. About defenses well I usually play glass cannons just what I like over 100K dps and kill them before they kill me idea. Most maps this is possible still. Had trouble with village ruin and prolly wont be able to do core if one ever drops. Point is many are too much glass and not enough cannon but its still a viable playstyle.

I'm fucking loving the 2.0 (other than losing 2-3 maps due to dc).

Map droprates are retarded - in a good way -, up to 75 I was doing transmute-and-go, don't even bother rolling them anymore and I'm, to my great surprise, actually getting returns. In 1.3, especially in first 2-3 weeks when GGG nerfed the drops horrendously, I would get *nothing* rolling maps like that. No idea why people blow currency unnecessarily on low/mid level maps. Only at the highest levels I'd go all out when rolling.

Making good items drop less is a good change, I like it. Game used to be "Alpha's Howl drop! OMFG!!! OH SHIT!!! JESUS!!! I WON THE GAME!", but then they buffed droprates by 6000000000000%, and I stopped getting excited about anything less than a T1 unique drop, anything less than a Windripper I literally don't give a shit. Hopefully, just to name an example, Saffell's Frame and Rise of the Phoenix will become as rare as Prism Guardian or Aegis. I would love to have that excitement back.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 31, 2015, 8:50:02 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm fucking loving the 2.0 (other than losing 2-3 maps due to dc).

Map droprates are retarded - in a good way -, up to 75 I was doing transmute-and-go, don't even bother rolling them anymore and I'm, to my great surprise, actually getting returns. In 1.3, especially in first 2-3 weeks when GGG nerfed the drops horrendously, I would get *nothing* rolling maps like that. No idea why people blow currency unnecessarily on low/mid level maps. Only at the highest levels I'd go all out when rolling.

Making good items drop less is a good change, I like it. Game used to be "Alpha's Howl drop! OMFG!!! OH SHIT!!! JESUS!!! I WON THE GAME!", but then they buffed droprates by 6000000000000%, and I stopped getting excited about anything less than a T1 unique drop, anything less than a Windripper I literally don't give a shit. Hopefully, just to name an example, Saffell's Frame and Rise of the Phoenix will become as rare as Prism Guardian or Aegis. I would love to have that excitement back.

So you love the excitement of mostly finding trash and rarely finding anything good?Well, kuddos to you, the rest of us don't.
that's not what he says.
he says that finding an decent unique in 1.3 happened so much there wasn't anything special about it anymore.
and i agree.
if you don't have to put any effort into getting the stuff you want.
things don't just become easier.
they also lose meaning
"
Miská wrote:
As some of you may know i often comment in map threads that people need to try harder to build up their map pool, and that building up a map pool is not the biggest issue right now. I still firmly believe in that statement. With the right approach everyone can build up their map pool towards 80+, lucky or unlucky it matters little.

And yet you admit that you are failing even with the 'right' approach.

"
Miská wrote:
I made a simple calculation that the 25maps i needed yesterday to level to 96, including map costs are around 16ex. (Zana mods/chisels/sac frags etc) They returned not 1 single 79 map or higher. Now this is extremely unlucky, normally this investment would atleast return something, but it does make one wonder, if you run the craziest mods, pay chisels/frags and zana mod every map and STILL get no map continuity, there is something wrong.

Starting to see the truth finally? After all your previous comments about everybody else not building their map pool properly. There is NO "PROPERLY" in PoE 2.0. All the pre-2.0 strategies only increase the amount of time before you run out of maps and currency. Unless you obtain maps via trade/guilds/specialized groups, i.e. have other people spend their time for you.

Gating content behind currency is a terrible design. This will cost GGG a lot of solo players. Hope the Kardashians of Twitch buy enough MTX to compensate for all the people who quit because they can never afford to see the endgame.
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
As some of you may know i often comment in map threads that people need to try harder to build up their map pool, and that building up a map pool is not the biggest issue right now. I still firmly believe in that statement. With the right approach everyone can build up their map pool towards 80+, lucky or unlucky it matters little.

And yet you admit that you are failing even with the 'right' approach.

"
Miská wrote:
I made a simple calculation that the 25maps i needed yesterday to level to 96, including map costs are around 16ex. (Zana mods/chisels/sac frags etc) They returned not 1 single 79 map or higher. Now this is extremely unlucky, normally this investment would atleast return something, but it does make one wonder, if you run the craziest mods, pay chisels/frags and zana mod every map and STILL get no map continuity, there is something wrong.

Starting to see the truth finally? After all your previous comments about everybody else not building their map pool properly. There is NO "PROPERLY" in PoE 2.0. All the pre-2.0 strategies only increase the amount of time before you run out of maps and currency. Unless you obtain maps via trade/guilds/specialized groups, i.e. have other people spend their time for you.

Gating content behind currency is a terrible design. This will cost GGG a lot of solo players. Hope the Kardashians of Twitch buy enough MTX to compensate for all the people who quit because they can never afford to see the endgame.

I never said i was failing, right now i have tabs full of 74-77 maps. And i sold hundreds aswell. I would call that a succes. However, i feel like if you spend an ex per map on 78+ you should see a sustain at 78-80 pretty smoothly. And have decent drops in the 81-82 zone. Right now that's not really happening.

So ye you can properly build your map pool. Many did it, luck has nothing to do with it. The part i am complaining about you have no reached yet obviously. You will see what i mean when you do. Anything before 78 is fine imo. You just can't be cheap on maps all the time, like most people are.
"
Miská wrote:
You just can't be cheap on maps all the time, like most people are.
I actually think a roughly equal number of people have the problem of being too extravagant on rolling their maps, at low maplevels which don't deserve it. It's a lot like watching people bet their hole cards in Texas Hold'em, the game is pretty forgiving when you have a very bad or a very good hand (as long as you're somewhat close to the right answer), it's the middling situations where people who bet the wrong amount are severely punished.

If the majority of the Feedback forum QQ is not on mid maps, that means that GGG has the balance off, because by design, those should be the hardest to make easy-to-follow rules for rolling properly.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 1, 2015, 9:14:40 PM
"
Miská wrote:
Anything before 78 is fine imo. You just can't be cheap on maps all the time, like most people are.

Spending 20c on 1 map that will not drop anywhere near 20c worth is NOT FINE for a solo player. Yes, that's below the levels you are complaining about. You are not willing to spend 2 ex on a 82 map. I am not willing to spend 20c on a 77 map. The difference is only in the scale, but not in the main point. Mapping is prohibitively expensive.

All the experts on 'proper' map pools keep using the word 'sustaining' but you clearly mean something else. SUSTAINING a map level = being able to stay at that level indefinitely using only the drops from that level. Farming a crapload of lower level maps for currency/sellables is not sustaining it. The moment you are forced to do a lower level map is the moment you have failed to sustain your level. And spending the currency/drops accumulated before 2.0 doesn't count as sustaining either. Or flipping items all day long to generate currency.
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
Anything before 78 is fine imo. You just can't be cheap on maps all the time, like most people are.

Spending 20c on 1 map that will not drop anywhere near 20c worth is NOT FINE for a solo player. Yes, that's below the levels you are complaining about. You are not willing to spend 2 ex on a 82 map. I am not willing to spend 20c on a 77 map. The difference is only in the scale, but not in the main point. Mapping is prohibitively expensive.

All the experts on 'proper' map pools keep using the word 'sustaining' but you clearly mean something else. SUSTAINING a map level = being able to stay at that level indefinitely using only the drops from that level. Farming a crapload of lower level maps for currency/sellables is not sustaining it. The moment you are forced to do a lower level map is the moment you have failed to sustain your level. And spending the currency/drops accumulated before 2.0 doesn't count as sustaining either. Or flipping items all day long to generate currency.

No, i disagree. Sustaining let's say a 75 map pool is NOT about only running 75's and being able to do that all day every day. Because that's where you go wrong. When i ran all my 75's a long time ago, i was already 90+, had a pool up to 78's and a few 79's. You just can't always run what you want to run, and i was still running out of 75's. But that was ok, because i knew the higher tiers would replenish the 75's when i got there.

Stop being so pre determined to act like map pools are the most impossible thing in the world. They are not. But if you keep this approach and this attitude you won't get anywhere. If you run solely 1 tier of maps down to (In my experience) 74, that tier will dry out eventually. But it will give you many 73's and some 75's to replenish it. Sometimes you gotta step back 1 tier to reach a higher one in the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info