Read This GGG.

"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
LostForm wrote:

I agree, too funny indeed, as in d3 leveling process is extremely silly and realistically could just be removed from the game, have people start with paragon levels, and it be pretty much the same game if not slightly better as you don't have almost meaningless filler time before character development via paragon points starts.

PoE leveling is much more engaging. End game character tweaking is also better in PoE, but at least d3 does have a little engagement with their legendary affixes. Before then though, d3 is basically cookie clicker, and even that little bit of engagement is fleeting.

Or you just rethink. This one skill point from lvl 91 to 92 in POE where you can get +10 strength on your way to an important node, while needing millions of exp to get to Lvl 93 is indeed NOT engaging. Not speaking about the fact that d3's paragon levels are a great solution but nothing but a side-effect. It is rewarding to some degrees and it was clever of kripp (i believe) to bring this idea to blizzard. Not that important like levels, of course. When you reach lvl 70, the game begins. Getting to lvl 70 in d3 is as easy and quick as getting to 70 in POE. The only difference after that: in d3 you can access endgame easily and continue climbing up (t10 and grifts 50+ you know). In POE this is not that simple. Sustaining maps, trading, a joke called crafting and so on are barriers. Huge barriers. Leveling in POE just feels more important, because sometimes this is the only way to become better. In d3 it's the items you find. I always thought that this is how it is meant to be in an arpg.

And btw.: I found it funny that you really think with finishing t4 and getting a rorg the game has run it's course. Does POE the same for you when you find a tabula or 5-link and finish a lvl 68 map?

As always: examples and comparisons around this topic are lousy and biased. Yours are no exceptions.

I find there is a lot more to tweaking an end game character in poe than spending one point on strength between 91 and 92, but I find tweaking the end game engaging and will commonly farm for and then spend handfuls of regrets rerouting my tree or switching build entirely, or maybe even just tweaking my stats so I can change gear.

there is no engagement there in d3 you want to try something else, click a single button and try something else. That is not engagement, that is getting out of your way so you don't have to make choices. But you clearly don't understand what I meant by engagement in the game, you find d3 to be compelling and the bees knees, and are indicating that you appreciate the game not presenting you with cross roads and decisions, it just puts you on rails and showers you with goodies as long as you are logged in.

finding a tabula in poe is just a step in the decision making, especially when also presented with a 5 link, but I find it hilarious that you would compare that to the one item that almost everybody in d3 Will be looking for and need, and you don't even have to decide, you can eat it and wear it with two other rings. So an item needed by just about every end game character, verse a starting item with no stats that can be replaced by any chest piece with stats. If you don't see the difference, I don't think it is productive talking to you.

you are obviously enamored and feel like pro gamer by d3, I feel like getting to max level and into end game sets before the game finishes downloading is pretty good indication that the leveling process could safely be removed from that game, and just be what it is, a arcade hack and slash. The leveling process is a vestigial remnant from a different time in the diablo sphere, they even start character development after you hit max level.

(also you should re-read, I said farming in t4 and having found rrog means the game has Almost run it's course, but feel free to twist context and make straw men)

Yo
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Sep 1, 2015, 12:09:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info