Read This GGG.

I play both games.

I'm 100% sure I know better then both of you by far and whatever you're saying is not true in every single way possible.

And I'm 100% sure I have more experience in both games to prove that fact. You attacking the PoE community isn't exactly contributing.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Ah, the good ol d3 vs poe argument.

Had fun reading through all these posts.

Stay Classy GD.
I have not played d3 since they cancelled AH. May try it again. End game here is terrible. Like dump all your currency into easy maps beneath you and got nothing to show for it.

Essentially you are all dressed up and no place to go.

Endless rifts sound fun as hell. But hate RNG builds hope I "find" what I'm looking for.
Git R Dun!
I played a bit of D3 v2.3. It's "endless ledge: the game" until level 70 with Cookie Clicker increases in stats (yay 1,2% more damage every 10 minutes). It's still fun (as in diverting) so I will keep at it for a while.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
D3 is abusing the power creep to keep the players for a while and that is a fail policy..
Ignoring the OP troll bait, the interesting and somewhat surprising thing is that there is a huge increase in popularity with d3 now, even that this is not a full expansion, but somewhat bigger update.

If its anything how it was with the expansion release, it will probably be popular for a long time, as the expansion was very popular for several months with all great changes blizz made with the game.

Also cant wait for grim dawn to be finished, from d3, PoE and GD, i dont know what more I will be playing, so I will be moving from one game to another with every bigger update.

Its really a great times for arpg fans.
"
D3 is abusing the power creep to keep the players for a while and that is a fail policy..

Power creep is a strategy that showed success in many games.
What did you expect from a bunch of Californian folks? Finesse ?

The total lack of power creep in PoE, along with the systematic nerf of the most successful builds/gems at every patch, give the exact same result : utter boredom after a couple of weeks, when you realize that leveling and gear gathering is as tedious as ever.

Don't miserstand me, I appreciate both games, but both are currently going nowhere, with next to zero gamechanging features brought by patches. Act 4 and jewels hardly changed the game in a refreshing manner.
Last edited by tienbasse on Aug 29, 2015, 7:34:45 PM
I think if you find PoE boring, you are probably playing too much of it. As someone who has over 1K hours, I do find it gets boring at times. When that happens, I put it down for a few weeks or months.

While I understand a game's enjoyment is subjective based on the user experience but pound for pound PoE provides one of the most diverse character building platforms in any game I've ever played, and that is a critical pillar of any ARPG.

I find it strange some people complain about the pointlessness of hack 'n' slashing, when it's what the entire genre is built around.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Aug 29, 2015, 10:15:41 PM
"
Billydanomad wrote:
I think if you find PoE boring, you are probably playing too much of it. As someone who has over 1K hours, I do find it gets boring at times. When that happens, I put it down for a few weeks or months.

While I understand a game's enjoyment is subjective based on the user experience but pound for pound PoE provides one of the most diverse character building platforms in any game I've ever played, and that is a critical pillar of any ARPG.

I find it strange some people complain about the pointlessness of hack 'n' slashing, when it's what the entire genre is built around.

Oh shit! We have a winner!
As a note regarding trading, go watch items such as:

- sire of shards (very niche item);
- call of the brotherhood (relatively niche);

Both >99 items for sale. More like 500+ ... (Warbands)

No buyers or not far from that. all priced 1 ex +, though there's no exalt is they're so expensive due to the +3 trick.

And that shit has been running forever. Especially that we can't see "no b/o only".

So in short we're supposed to trade but we can't since the system only promotes fucktarded pricing and you can't even access most sellers (hello 99 looking at you).

The day people realize (read put visually in front of their dumb eyes) that there's 5 buyers and 500 shits to sell then finally we will have a real market.
(But as said before GGG does not want that or you'll realize you're playing potentially 100's of hours to get utter shit and nothing else, a.k.a 50000 lifesprig, 10 mjolner).

Enjoy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info