[2.1] "Bill the Butcher" Bino Reaver by fiqst

I was thinking of skipping ahead to a 2.2 tree, since I need to level a Shadow anyways. (He's currently 77, going for 92, but leveling him after the reset.)

I also wanted to compact the build more into Shadow, but is there much of a point in doing this?

tree

It has a bit more resists, close to the same Life, and a bit of utility...

The 1.8% Regen loss will hurt, but with the Flask nodes, it should help it out a bit.

The last 9 points would go into Spirit Void, and the Scion Life wheel/Jewels/Sleight of Hand/Entropy depending on how it goes with the left side of the tree being ignored. Possibly removing the Profane Chemistry and Hired Killer node in the future to push into Marauder.
(I usually use Snakebites because I can't stand playing Reave 100% of the time and need alternate Poison options for other skills. However, I'm not so sure how well anything else will work, since most skills convert 50% of our damage to an element which is basically a full-force Bino's Reave-only nerf.)

This also allows the possibility to get Charisma to pump out a Prolif HoA Viper Strike, or something. Plus, all the Chaos/Melee/Dagger goodies touching the tree for experimentation/fun.
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Dec 11, 2015, 2:35:58 AM
"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
I was thinking of skipping ahead to a 2.2 tree,

you can expect the 2.2 tree to change as much as it has from 2.0 to 2.1, so its too early to theorycraft it. But it does seem that Shadow will be the better crit class, so i think its a good idea to level one.

Your tree is good but you life, damage and strength. There's some great life reavers in the Shadow forum if you want a Shadow-centric tree.

I was hoping that they'd buff HoA-prolif so I can make it work again but no luck. Maybe in 2.2
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Try Lightning Strike. It's range is a bit more then a screen. It's still a tad clunky, and you still have 50% converted into non-poison damage, but it's quite nice.

Blasphemy+Temp, Lightning Strike, Crit Strikes, Conc Effect, WED, MPD, Multistrike. (removed Point Blank, the Projectiles just travel WAY too far for Point Blank to be useful.)
It's still a little iffy on the consistency of the Dagger Crit Poisoning, so Snakebites is useful.
This also helps with Reflect, since 70% of the time, you won't be regenerating the hits you deal as effectively due to Adder's. (Unless you have Snakebites.)
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Dec 12, 2015, 1:31:15 AM
Updated the op with the new stats.

Thoughts:

DPS
damage is down by 15k-20k.
This is due to the conversion from mainly ele damage to pure physical/chaos. All in all, i'm happy that i didn't lose that much dps.

phys reflect requires more care now
Phys reflect is now deadlier than ever. I will make a transition to lightning coil or rats nest in the future.

Fatal Toxins
These 3 nodes:

are pretty good at increasing the regen rate but i feel the 3 points were better spent elsewhere, but otherwise a great luxury cluster.

Blasphemy
Blaspemy raised its reservation to 35%, and doesn't justify dropping the trusted HoT curser
I can't really come up with anything that makes a Bino's a Bino's anymore... It just has too many negative effects when focusing completely on Poison now.

In the end, I'm doing LS + FA + MS + WED + MPD + Added Fire.

I moved the Poison Nodes to Vitality Void.
Lightning Strike is Projectiles, so Abyssus doesn't help with them, however point blanking an enemy starts stacking up damage for the enemies that matter.
A Rat's Nest allows the current build to Crit Cap almost perfectly without Assassin's Mark as well. Some DPS calculator guy would have to talk about Phys+Projectiles on Abyssus vs Rat's next though.
Also, Blood Rage doesn't drain life with Rat's Nest.

Lightning Strike's projectiles travel at different speeds (at least it feels like it), so it might kill one enemy and poison everything around it giving you Life Regeneration before your next projectiles kill the rest. This is better than Reave, which one hit kills everything so Poison can't spread and grants you no Regeneration. (Unless it still does, but it seemed very inconsistant when I was Reaving.)
Reflect - You have Vitality Void, Resistances, AND Poison for Reflect. I just ran a 15% Physical Reflect, and only almost died after point blank attacking a Rare Strongbox with no Flasks up. Farther ranges give you less chance to hit all of the enemies, so you take less damage as well.
You get Vaal Reave range, without having to use 2 Gem slots, or the hassle of Vaal Reave.
You also get Shock.
Many hits brings Crit Flask Charges back to normal.

Maybe with Lightning Coil it would be worth it, but Bino's took a MASSIVE hit in EVERY category.

I'm sticking to your tree compared to the tons of others due to the lack of Strength and Life nodes on everyone else's. It is Evasion after all, so DPS isn't everything.

If Amazon and FedEx didn't force me to wait 3-4 weeks from a Cyber Monday Sale delivery, I'd make a video... BUT FOR NOW - Potato is Potato.

One negative, in one way or the other, is Leech. You may need to get the 1 node Life and Mana Leech, if you don't have enough normally.
If you have a 2MGoH Jewel it helps, but not if you want to long-range or off-screen 1v1 a boss without mana problems.

--edit, and sorry for all of this non-Reave talk in a Reave build. But this is GGG we're talking about. I've gone from Vulcan, to Ice Crash, to this, and every patch they seem to target the build you happen to be using. Not directly, but every time it indirectly gets massively nerfed, so I'm just throwing up options instead of going thread-to-thread-to new thread-to thread.
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Dec 13, 2015, 5:59:04 PM
Hey mate, I really appreciate your efforts to make the build work for you.

Reave is suffering from same old same old in 2.1. This build was unique in 2.0 because we utilised Bino to its maximum by incorporating all damage types to squeeze the most regen. Now, the only real choices are IR or acro, duelist or shadow (or ranger).

It's still a strong reave build, but one of many now.

Since you were following Vulcan in the past, you'd be pleased to know I'm working on a dual strike build right now and it looks promising. I'm preparing it now. Melee splash is the new HoA-prolif
Sweet. I'm definitely looking forward to that.
"
fiqst wrote:
Melee splash is the new HoA-prolif

This is so true, especially when you have extra AoE from the tree as well the gem. Its pretty insane. I tested it out on my disfavour on a 5l. Something like 70k on frenzy, super fast clear speed. Just click in any random direction, watch entire packs blow up. Hehe.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
BRAIN EXPLODED.

Temp Chains Maligaros with Lightning Strike.

Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness.

Nothing will, like, ever reach you, I don't think.
I wish I had a Temp Chains Mali to see how it worked, too. :(

That's like 2 Curses for 2 Gem Slots. I can maybe see why they made it 35% now. It seems to get better and better.

But I need to test this Prolif Melee Splash people keep talking about.
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Dec 13, 2015, 6:35:57 PM
Delete
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 13, 2015, 9:07:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info