[2.1] "Bill the Butcher" Bino Reaver by fiqst

Updated tree for the Talisman league:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZR34B3L02d-NlTaluvqfAGnloYEF4DW87wQRjcLXyXz8R1TWSFCBXl_6P2L3vDkMxTeNQR9rBTP_kUXTtLlNOKtZYl3kFLdNvW6_gnygqDY0FZotPh3YV9vzFm2rjn2J57g6FUkp9AAajitlhI_atjU2SjX3PfjB8dqxRR-oYN9SNv-dU9zLtPwW11CMk_ZJ9wuwwcf_e3CO0xd2omG9irNvnS3jlz2yMbAhHBjpCnarxith2Nj25PutjrGa1SBEvLOHUQn3jhG91_Ra_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BS

To view the tree, download and install the PoESkillTree 2.2.3 app here:

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.3

copy and paste the above skill tree into the bar at the bottom of the app.

Alternatively, you can use this temporary webpage to see the tree (until poebuilder is updated):

ExileTools Skill Tree

Everything remains the same except for some areas:

Shadow:

Spirit Void:

I will do the testing and rewrite the OP, including updating the screenshots, etc at release.

But this what my thoughts are so far:

Bino and poison

Adder's Touch has been changed from 100% poison chance per crit to 30%.

I don't think this will affect the build too much, as all you need is to kill one poisoned mob to spread the poison in a vicinity.

The Bino's poison effect only applies to physical and chaos damage (unlike ALL damage as before), this means the combination of Catalyst+P2L+WED will not help you achieve a good life regen, in fact, the combination will hinder the regen by a lot.

The new offhand will be Death's Hand for its chaos damage, and the new 6L will be:

GRRRBB
Reave
MPD
Multi
Inc AoE
Crit Damage
Added Fire

This maximises physical and chaos damage.

Daresso or Lightning Coil

Because the build is maximising physical damage instead of a phys/ele spread, i'm leaning towards LC as the better chest.

Either that or drop Abyssus for Rat's Nest and keep Daresso.

New curse set up

We're equipping Death's Hand, so Assassin's Mark is not necessary for power charges

I'm going to try to add these boots to the build

* equipping these boots makes it very difficult to equip lightning coil as well.

With the introduction of Blasphemy, we will have 2 curses to play with in a 3L. You now have the option to tailor your build to suit your playstyle.

full defence tempchains + enfeeble BBG
full offence vuln + punishment BBR
utility poacher's + warlord's BRG

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Why no Fatal Toxins? It seems like that is awesome for more regen given that bino regen scales off poison.
Last edited by dadadok on Dec 7, 2015, 7:08:04 AM
I saw they added some bleed and poison nodes that interact with each other interestingly enough.

Think its viable to either supplement adders touch or even replace it?

Dirty Techniques and Blood Letting are the clusters i'm talking about, i'm sure it would take a good redesigned of the tree to see if there point viable or not

Since we are moving away from ele dmg to phys maybe the bleed chance with increased phys dmg to bleeding targets then the synergy of poisoning targets that are bleeding? maybe even room for a bloodlust gem instead of added fire for another More Phy dmg modifier? Heck toss in a Jack, the Axe for a cheaper off hand than death hand? With jack you'd have 100% bleed and then you'd have 25% to poison with out going up to adders touch.

Does the jack reduced life leech effect bino regen, id say so leech not regen but what do i know.

If you link a bloodlust it has the modifyer of cant cause bleed does that mean it ignores the chance to bleed on the tree or just bleed chance on the skill itself? Id assume to keep you form using it on puncture.

I don't know, this is why i don't make builds, my brain.

hobben
Last edited by Hobben on Dec 7, 2015, 11:25:12 AM
"
dadadok wrote:
Why no Fatal Toxins? It seems like that is awesome for more regen given that bino regen scales off poison.

Yes! great point. You're absolutely right, this is a powerful cluster

It more than doubles the regen

I will definitely test out the life/sec values of this cluster.

Thanks for the suggestion

"
Hobben wrote:
I saw they added some bleed and poison nodes that interact with each other interestingly enough.

Think its viable to either supplement adders touch or even replace it?

Dirty Techniques and Blood Letting are the clusters i'm talking about, i'm sure it would take a good redesigned of the tree to see if there point viable or not

Since we are moving away from ele dmg to phys maybe the bleed chance with increased phys dmg to bleeding targets then the synergy of poisoning targets that are bleeding? maybe even room for a bloodlust gem instead of added fire for another More Phy dmg modifier? Heck toss in a Jack, the Axe for a cheaper off hand than death hand? With jack you'd have 100% bleed and then you'd have 25% to poison with out going up to adders touch.

Does the jack reduced life leech effect bino regen, id say so leech not regen but what do i know.

If you link a bloodlust it has the modifyer of cant cause bleed does that mean it ignores the chance to bleed on the tree or just bleed chance on the skill itself? Id assume to keep you form using it on puncture.

I don't know, this is why i don't make builds, my brain.

hobben

Interesting concept.

Jack the Axe will bleed enemies but Bloodlust will negate all bleeding. You will have to set up the bleed with another skill, usually leap slam or spectral throw. This is an unnecessary extra step when you could just kill them anyway without the need to bleed.

The issues i have with your idea is that to fill out both clusters, you will need 13 points. And the results of them will be:

16% chance of bleed
145% increased DoT
25% inc dmg against bleeding target
25% chance to poison a bleeding target

To poison (without Adder's), you'll need to bleed them first at 16%, and then there's 25% to poison. So its 4% chance to poison anything, which doesn't add anything of value to the build.

Sorry, i don't see the benefits.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 7, 2015, 10:13:51 PM
I have noticed your tree is passing up 3 2 point frenzy charges, is it worth neutering the crits or life for the frenzies on sc? Thanks
"
dadadok wrote:
I have noticed your tree is passing up 3 2 point frenzy charges, is it worth neutering the crits or life for the frenzies on sc? Thanks

Sacrificing 2x crit or life nodes to get another frenzy means you'd lose 10% life or 30%+ crit chance just for the frenzy.

the better question would be frenzy charges or jewel slots.

i think jewel slots are more versatile, especially if you need some int or resists, but it's another item you'd have to grind for.

The build ends at lvl 92 or so, so there's always the opportunity to spend remaining lvls on frenzy's
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 7, 2015, 11:33:06 PM
Hi fiqst,

First of all thanks for your work in responding to us and you did a nice Job with this Guide.
I'm so interested to see the updated OP. So do you have an idea when you will update the OP?

Greetings

Phobozz
"
Phobozz wrote:
Hi fiqst,

First of all thanks for your work in responding to us and you did a nice Job with this Guide.
I'm so interested to see the updated OP. So do you have an idea when you will update the OP?

Greetings

Phobozz

The OP will take a while since i'll have to test everything and post new screenshots and also make a vid or 2. But i'll start with the new tree.

This is how the new tree looks:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZR34B3L02d-NlTaluvqfAGnloYEF4DW87wQRjcLXyXz8R1TWSFCBXl_6P2L3vDkMxTeNQR9rBTP_kUXTtLlNOKtZYl3kFLdNvW6_gnygqDY0FZotPh3YV9vzFm2rjn2J57g6FUkp9AAajitlhI_atjU2SjX3PfjB8dqxRR-oYN9SNv-dU9zLtPwW11CMk_ZJ9BnDC7DBx_97cI06ftMXdqJhven9irNvnS3jlz2yMbAhHBjpCnarxith2Nj25PutjrGa1SBEvLOHUQn3jhG91_Ra_JpVh4lVLjDY=

Copy and paste it into PoESkillTree

This is the comparison between 2.1 and 2.0:

Offence has taken a bit of a hit. There is less damage and crit on the tree.

This is due to the Shadow changes and the introduction of Fatal Toxins.

But there is more defence on the tree now, 25% evasion and 8% resists.

Also, Fatal Toxins will give 125% increased poison damage, which means better regen performance from the Bino.

All in all, you'll deal less damage and have a slower clearspeed because of the tree changes and dropping ele damage.

You will find, however, better survivability with multi-stack poison regen, more unreflectable chaos damage, and dual cursing will provide more options for both offence and defence.
Are facebreakers straight up BETTER than Maligaro's for clearspeed? After all, it's not like this build is hurting for crit chance, but it looks like it's hurting for crit multi.
Hi fiqst,
is not better be shadow than duelist?
this is Forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info