Developer Questions and Answers

Is dual wield working as you want it, with the off hand weapon not being checked for skill req, or is that a problem that's going to be fixed?

Can't believe no one has asked... When are the challenge leagues ending?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 24, 2015, 8:43:35 AM
When are old race rewards going to receive 3d art? Cloak of Flames please, it looks so awesome in 2d form.
Ahoy!

What type of content patches will we be seeing in the future?

How often will we see new gems in the future?

Have GGG discussed building some sort of in-game trading.. house lately?
Ign: splat / meh
When can we expect to see real guild QoL changes (such as seeing how long users have been inactive, stash tab templates persistence over new leagues, and other stash tab improvements) and additional mtx?
Will you keep up with the secret game mechanics, recipe and interactions policy or will you start to give players an even field to play with, by explaining what things do and how your game works instead of encouraging people to scam, take advantage and fool others just to have an in game advantage?
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
You will probably not answer anything of this, as I will not sugar coat anything:

1. Is "Path of Exile's economy is the most important element of the game to us" still the case, will you implement bad mechanics in the game just to push people to work around the problems the game has with trading?

2. Will you implement a self found league that is not balanced around trading?

3. What is the percent of people that make a trading thread? How many people dont make one?

4. What do you consider more important, getting upgrades with trading or from killing monsters?

5. How do you see your game compared to any other arpg in time/reword balance of the game?

6. Do you plan on implementing basic in game loot options so people dont need to go and use third party files, and change them constantly with updates that break them

7. What is more important for GGG, for their players to play with low FPS or for the game to have less graphic options so streamers cant lower the graphics and play the game with not as low graphic but as low FPS?

8. Are you pleased with socketing/linking items and loot progressions that is limited by them. Isn't the system counter intuitive, making upgrades to items very hard, as there is one additional layer of RNG add on item progression

9. Do you still consider alt + f4 to be part of the game balance, and that it is OK to exit out of the game? Should it not at least be changed so players have a in game button that will teleport them back in town and lock them for a fix time period to simulate starting the game again? Ot better remove it all together an make it as what most games do and implement a timer on logout.
Last edited by miljan on Aug 24, 2015, 8:36:34 AM
Hi GGG, Thanks for making and maintaining such a great game! Onto the questions.

1. Any chance of a "Who we are" picture gallery of the staff? Maybe have the staff's forum avatars be their actual faces?

2. Do you have or could you put together a blooper reel/gallery? Things that didn't quite work but make you laugh?

3. Do you have a narrative arc planned for beyond act 4? Do you consider story line concept suggestions from the community or is that only allowed from within (For either copyright or surprise)?
4. Could we please get an image on the load screen? You guys have created so much nice artwork surely you can put some image in there instead of just logo and black screen.

In game requests

1. Could we get a skill like Brutus and Kole use to spear a monster and pull it close?
2. Could you make monster thrown traps more visible?
3. Act 4 master(s)? Wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last edited by Lightning_Wolf on Aug 24, 2015, 10:23:58 AM
"
"
Serleth wrote:
What's on your folks' reading lists right now? I'm looking for some new authors to check out.

Second this one.

I third this one.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Hello Chris,

are there plans for a fire to lighning or lightning to fire conversion support gems or items?

I really like the cold to fire gem idea but when theorycrafting and brainstorming ideas i get often stuck in the phrase :"Dang it there is no light to fire or fire to lightning conversion"

Especially with such interesting items like Three Dragons that would be awesome!!!

EDIT: GIVE US 2 Month Exiles everywhere League please!!!!!!!!! Warbands are boring as hell and the Generals are TOO RARE... If you are a solo Player you cant get this challange at all... If we meet a General its always the same. Also why are there >50% Brinerots and 25%25% the others?
Last edited by xX999Xx on Aug 24, 2015, 9:01:16 AM
After reading 26 pages of questions, I can finally post mine. They are a lot so I'll try to be short.

Q1: everytime you make changes on passive tree, you grant a full respec point. Why don't you grant also the bandits quests reset?

Q2: when a divination card says that the item is corrupted, does it mean that the item is for sure the specified one but corrupted or does it means something like "the base is the specified one and we apply a vaal orb on it"? I mean, if I complete "The Fiend" set, can I get a rare belt instead of headhunter?

Q3: does it exists any recipe related with roha feathers and fishing rods?

Q4: are you going to drop Cruel difficulty in the future? Also, are you going to create enough acts in order to guarantee a single storyline per character?

Q5: are you going to translate your lore in different languages in the near future?

Q6: can you make a fast exit from corrupted areas after you have killed the boss?

Q7: is it possible to put a "nickname" over any account so that we can see that name in the chat? It would be useful expecially in guilds because everytime someone make new char and he isn't in my friend-list, I can't know who is typing in the guild chat.

Q8: are you going to make a static buddy to place in the hideout to test DPS? Like a customizable zombie (so you can change its armor, resistance, life, evasion etc) that records last X hits taken..

Q9: are you going to make passive tree nodes or some new uniques to aplify/reduce cooldown/increase area of effect of warcries in the future?

Q10: are you going to add some exclusive drop from the bosses of the new highest maps?

Q11: what are the qualities you are looking for the most in your employees?

Q12: does Krillson Master really exist or is he just a joke :)?

Here few already asked question that are important for me too:

Q13: any ideas to make elemental leech (expacially for spells) easier?

Q14: there will be a solid trading system soon? Maybe also asynchronous?

Q15: since I'm an evasion lover, I need to re-ask this. Any idea to make evasion-based build (expecially melee) more defensive? Even with 5k life, 9k evasion, Acro, Phase Acro and Hyrri's I feel still weak. Basically since I can be oneshotted anyways, having 5k life or 3.5k life is almost the same. Big hitters (like brutus in Colonnade or similar) are really a pian for evasion builds. Any changes incoming or is this behavior intended?

Thanks for answers,
Best regards to all your staff!

Edit:
Forgot last question..

Q16: Why when I link an item in the chat and later I move to another area and retype the previous message it is "brocken" in the meaning that the item isn't linked anymore but instead i have [blabla]itemname[blabla]? Is this intended?
Last edited by Corsal8 on Aug 24, 2015, 11:13:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info