[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

Hey, i'm up to level 63 now, getting close to Infernal Mantle.

I'm probably going to buy a 5L as that's what i can afford right now. What should i use considering i do not have a Empower (will buy one to level on swap-weapon)?

Should I use Flame Totem + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Fire Penetration (great damage boost not shown on tooltip) + Increased Critical Strike?

Also, what's best for this build: facebreaker or maligaro's?
@ Krazy_X

Those gems would be perfect for your build. Do not bother with Empower. Until level 4 it is useless. The other gems are crazy powerful now. Other gems you want to consider would be Faster Projectiles as the range is insane. You can literally cover the entire screen. You will lose DPS however I prefer it as I can clear maps a lot faster & it is also safer.

If you are not lacking Dex then Facebreakers are the best for DPS. They give on average 1500 more then the Maligaro's & a cheap one is about 1 to 2 Chaos.

Your tree is looking a lot better.

The best thing I can suggest is spend the 2 Chaos & get a level 20 Corrupt Flame Totem. Keep building yours however once you hit 68 & put that on it will blow your DPS out the door. It is a good cheat & cheap. On average you will be around level 89 before you get a level 20 gem. That's 21 levels on 3k more DPS (difference between level 19 & 20 DPS on the Flame Totem).

You should try to get away from the wand & get a dagger so you can use Whirling Blades. The movement is second to none (personal opinion).

Spoiler

The best item to buy at 75 (if you are using a dagger) is,

Spoiler

The DPS boost is nuts & it goes on average for 5 Chaos.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
I did some upgrades on my gear today to cap resists (108+ on all elemental resists on merciless). I also got Infernal Mantle, Facebreaker and Doryani belt.

After i picked Shamans Dominion and Shamanistic Fury the boost in DPS was realy good, but the moment i got a level 20 Flame Totem: BOOM! I'm now sitting at 31k dps (34.7k after i summon a totem).

I do feel a bit glassy sometimes, with 2870 life + 1406 ES (4200 total). My boots are Evasion base and my helmet only has 130 ES, plus i'm dual wielding wands, so no shield.

Plans are to get my hands on a good shield with ES + life + damage + crit chance. It will probably lower my DPS but increase my survavability.

I'm also having some mana issues, i have to hit pots all the time to summon totems. Tried Clarity but it did not help, so i'm just using Discipline for some extra ES.

It's been quite fun to level with this build. Not a walk on the park, but easy enough. Hopefully it will handle mapping.

AS FOR WEAPONS: Dagger x Wands: Which one puts out more dps? Daggers have more crit but wans more spell damage? What are your thought on it?

DPS wise you will be close either way. Spell Damage does give you more however I would never give up my Whirling Blades. If you are having trouble surviving then I would suggest trying 1 dagger with decent stats & using Whirling Blades. I would also suggest changing to Faster Projectiles. Yes, you will lose a lot of DPS but the range is really good. Most mobs melt with 30 to 40k DPS. I hover around 80-100k in most leagues. It kills things easily enough.

I think if you swap to Faster Projectiles, you will also solve your mana problem as you will not have to cast as many totems. I use a pot in standard as I like my Clear Mind Jewel. One more click but works well. You are also missing key Mana Regen nodes. Mental Rapidity & Quick Recovery. That + Clarity should do the trick. You can also try to get it on a amulet.

Spoiler

Your optimized Witch Tree should look like,

If you can get your hands on,

Spoiler

I love it.

This build is a little glassy, on average you will get up to 4k HP & 3K ES. One reason it has not been nerfed :p.

Your defense is movement. 30% + movement + Whirling Blades + Lightning Warp. If you watch a few of the videos I have posted, you will notice I use them a lot to get out of a sticky mess.

Once you hit 80+ you can play with your tree, try to find that right balance, loose some of the DPS nodes & add some life.

Edit - Try to get ES gear, it will help a lot in the long run.

Some nice shields

Spoiler

Last edited by Ahewaz on Sep 19, 2016, 5:03:24 PM
You want the dagger so you can use whirling blades. Helps with clear speed and getting away from danger. It saved my life many times.

Try get fire damage to spells on it as well as crit to spells, spell damage and crit multi.
Completed Uber Lab. The RNG has been really bad for me this league. No exalts, finally got the last trial the other day. Still no 6L after 600 Fusings... Not sure about you guys but I am having bad luck with Map drops. Maybe this is my bad league. We all have to have one right?

I only recorded the final fight.

Edit - Moved over to Standard. I got tired of not maps dropping.

Lair Map

Maze Map

Last edited by Ahewaz on Sep 20, 2016, 11:27:46 PM
Hi, is it worth to skill " Totemic Mastery" ?
@ Vladine

I do not think so, I have tried it in the past. 7 points to get down there. Last time I tested it, it only gave me 6k DPS. You can get that with any jewel.

Although it does look like they have boosted the power. I will play around with it this weekend if I get the chance. I have enough regrets to respec the tree.

Thank you for your effort.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Sep 21, 2016, 7:21:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info