[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

Noob question here.

I checked the DPS screenshot on the first page on the character guide. Is that for both totems or only for single totem?
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
That is for a single totem
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
yo guys, new player to PoE and wondering where I went wrong in this build. I think my DPS is very low considering people have over 100k in a city. I understand being low level but i am not so sure that few more will get me there.

Here is my current skill tree.

then again i am still only 71 level. also any idea where to go next with the skill points? wondering if to go more elemental damage or get 3 points in crit strike multiplier first.

I am thinking i wanna go like this:

Means get crit dmg modifiers around doomcast and throatseeker. move to bloodsiphon and coordination. then probably spell damage. but still i dont feel like this will add a ton of dps that i am missing.

here are my items. I have doubts about the helmet if that helps in any way. I understand it does some sort of shock but not sure how that fits here.
Also one of the rings will go out for sure and i will be getting some cast speed etc. on that one. If i find a good one and i can keep my resists at 75% then i am switching the other ring too.
I dont have currency to get 6L armor.
also wondering if it is worth using temporal chains or assassin's mark.

ITEMS:
Spoiler

Also thanks for the build and ur time spent on this!
@ Hollycz

Your tree is fine. Next 6 points should be Throatseeker (3 points) & Nimbleness (3 points). After that just follow the tree on the main page. It is a good way to spend to 90. My profile is open as well if you want to follow my tree although you are pretty much on the right path.

Your gear is pretty good for your level. I would hazard a guess you are around 20-25k for level 71 + the level of your gems?

Personally, I would get rid of the dragon mask. resists are good... Rest is useless.

Spoiler

You can get a

Spoiler

That would help your DPS. You would lose your shield though. They sell for 3-5 Chaos on average on PoE Trade. Make sure you get one with the highest Increased Elemental Damage. 100% is max. 12% Cast Speed is max as well on it.

Not sure why you are wearing Doryani's Physical. You need the fire version.

Spoiler

Your rings do not help you. You need more well rounded rings. Diamond rings are the best. I do not have any in this league to link.

The biggest reason your DPS is low... Your gems are not 20/20. Usually to build 20/20 gems you need to level to 85ish. Do not worry about FT 20/20. It just gives more life to the totem. Nice to have but I would not go out of my way.

Your FT is only level 17. At 18 you will get 2k more base.. at 19 you will get 2k more... at 20 you will get 2k to 3k more... If you get lucky & corrupt to 21 you will get 3k. Total is about 10k. Not sure how rich you are but you can buy a level 20 Flame Totem (Corrupted) on PoE trade right now for 6 Chaos. Instant 6k-8k more DPS.

I would swap out Faster Casting for Increased Critical Strikes.

Spoiler

Once you have your first 4 Ascendancy Points remove Fire Penetration & pop in either,

In order from best to worse.
Empower level 4
Faster Casting
Faster Projectiles

The changes + 15 more levels should put you in the 40 to 50k mark. You will need 6L to get more powerful DPS.

To answer your original question, you have not gone wrong. You are on the right track, it will just require some patience.

GL.

Thanks man, that's what I thought :) currently 1 ex and 57c in my stash.

Regarding the belt I honestly didnt even know it has more then one version :O that gave me about 1200 dps in town. Currently 26,4k DPS. 30,6k dps if I get one more level on the skill gem (tried with empower lvl2) so I assume getting 3 levels would get me above 40k in town which is not so bad.
... update so I bought a 20lvl 20qty for 8c FT. currently sitting at 39k DPS.

Why swap faster casting? that thing gives me 6k dps.

also rings... I will be looking for something like this, possibly with +7% cast speed.
23% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+33 to Intelligence
5% increased Cast Speed
+59 to maximum Life
+34% to Lightning Resistance

also regarding instruments of virtue it says 30% casting speed if I attacked recently. I didnt notice that before and now I am going to shift-click my basic attack and it will give me almost same boost as vaal haste and when I pop them together it will be very strong. it might be a good idea to mention it in the guide (didnt see it in there) as more people might be as noobish as I am :P

Also is there any way to do reflect maps? Those totems die instantly. My friend has on the totems imunity to fire so I was wondering it there is such an option as well or simply skip those maps.

Regarding the weapon I would lose about 3% in crit. chance but I assume more elemental dmg and cast speed is better. Considering that I have soem currency saved up do I go for that or do I look for something long-term?

thanks again
@ Hollycz

Your gems in order of power should be,

Flame Totem
Empower Level 4
Controlled Destruction
Elemental Focus
Increased Critical Strikes
Faster Casting
Empower Level 3
Increased Critical Damage
Faster Projectiles

Never use Empower 1 or 2. They are useless. Even 3 is getting weak now with the new gems being so powerful.

Fire Penetration - Remove when you have your Ascendancy Points (Righteous Providence & Inevitable Judgment).

Keep building all FT gems. You need one at level 21. It is at least 3k more DPS.

To answer your question on Faster Casting, it is one of the lowest blue DPS available gems. All the others will give you more DPS. You have to compare apples to apples though, you would need the same level Increased Critical Strikes.

Whirling Blades will activate Instruments of Virtue (Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify). That is your movement on the dagger. It is not my guide :). It belongs to Rusherboy, I just post from time to time to try & help people. I think RB is on vacation, I have not seen him in a month or so. Normally he would answer all these posts.

That mace is crazy insane for DPS. I still use it. If you kill Atziri a lot once you get to the higher levels you could get one to drop or just buy one. A small price to pay. 3% crit is nothing. 100% Elemental Damage is a lot.

I do not do elemental reflect / Temporal Chains Maps. They are too annoying & take too long. I just reroll them or if they are corrupt I wait till I have 3 of the same & roll them one level higher.

I have never heard of this Immunity of Fire. If you can please elaborate?

Also you should 20 Qual all your gear. Every little bit helps.
Thanks will look at it and let you know how I fare once i buy some items. Currently 52,8k dps in town. Now looking for another ring and helmet. Also need to take a look at jewels. I don't have a bad one I guess but there might be better.

This is what I ment by immunity to fire on totems. my friend is running a morauder dual totem magic find char and he got this in ascendancy. So I thought we might get something like that as well but I guess tough luck.

Yeah, Chieftain Skill so we do not get it.

Just avoid the elemental reflect maps & you will be fine. Alternatively find a friend who plays a pure Physical Build & he can help you out. You can help him the Physical Reflect.

DPS went up nicely. About double from what you started? This build with ok gear, 6L, and 20/20 to all gems should always do at least 100k around level 90 with all Ascendancy Point.

GL on the rest of your journey.

thanks a lot mate! getting over 100K when fully buffed. Added an onslought flask and it adds some more dps too. around 6k when poped for several sec so not too bad. Was wondering though what do you think about using Rain of Splinters Crimson Jewel? 30% reduction of dps but 2 additional projectiles. is that viable? probably for map clear speed yes but what bout bosses? anyone tried that? I would but saving for my 6L so 5c is a lot for me now to spend :P
@ Hollycz

Tried it, hated it. If you want to increase your clear speed swap out one of you gems for Faster Projectiles. The range is crazy. I still use it. I have no need to go over 125k. I can pretty much kill everything.

Last edited by Ahewaz on Aug 6, 2016, 10:42:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info