MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

"
krilox wrote:
"
Shajirr wrote:
Alright, that clears things up more or less.

Question - would CI version of the build be superior?
It can get way higher EHP compared to hybrid, and be chaos immune so easier gearing.

About BV - it should always be used, either in the main link or on CwDT, no reason not to use it.
The advantage of it being on CoC is that it has a higher uptime that way.

gubaguy

About Elreon's rings - don't need Diamonds if you don't have currency, use resistance rings, they are significantly cheaper and, well, have more resistance. If you still can't cap replace Purity of Lightning with Purity of Elements.

Shecutor

What prevents you from crafting +fire on dagger, if you use Ice Nova, or added cold to attacks/spells if you use BV? Your dagger has a free prefix

CI would be worse at almost all points when you're geared correctly. The only advantage is some good es nodes right behind and, and well chaos immunity which isnt a big deal once you've 30+ positive res and an atziri flask if you really need it.

Totally agree on res rings, diamonds are too hyped

Yes 30% crit chance is great and all, but a balance is more important.

Outside the scope of this build. Is there any point in to go CI or low life over a hybrid approach for a manual spell caster for this current patch?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

Outside the scope of this build. Is there any point in to go CI or low life over a hybrid approach for a manual spell caster for this current patch?

Even less reason then, since you can get a shavs, not exactly a great meta for CI sadly.
Finally completed my CI Version, now I have to fix some mana issues only when use movement flask on bosses, even with 2 elreon rings and 2 +2 mana jewels, maybe changing assassins mark with warlords.

And about Dex needed for Blade Vortex, worth it level 20 for the damage on it?
I am spending points on Dex needed to run it.
Also strenght needed for immortal call lvl 20, maybe I use lvl 10, or you would say is very important to sustain inmortal call?

gear:
Spoiler

Auras: discipline, herald of ice, purity of light/fire
Running curse on hit with herald of ice, so dont need ice on gear, procs ice EE with spells (BV) and attacks (cyclone), and mana reservation is same of blasphemy to run curse

8,1K ES now, if i fix dex problems will change gear maybe axium or other ES belt

Passives:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YFQgceDXwN0Q5IDlwRLREvEVARlhXXGyUc3B1PIG4o-ioLKjgrCiycLKYsvy0fLdIy0TQKNbk3ZjsoPAVBlkVHRX5GcUlRS65Ms1AwVmNXyV3yX2pfsGBDY0NmVGr6bRluPW-ecFJwVncHfIN-WX_GgpuDCYTFhXuFfYauhxOJ04w2jHaPGo_6kBuQ1pMnlS6YrZoTmjubtZykn9-hL6crrrO0DLiTuZO-gL6KwGbDCcM6ykrK09Af0NDQ9dlb217b1OOE6QLquuvu6_XsGOw473zv6_DV8h0=

Any suggestion?
Last edited by reimbowl on Jan 11, 2016, 6:08:25 AM
"
reimbowl wrote:
Finally completed my CI Version, now I have to fix some mana issues only when use movement flask on bosses, even with 2 elreon rings and 2 +2 mana jewels, maybe changing assassins mark with warlords.

Also strenght needed for immortal call lvl 20, maybe I use lvl 10, or you would say is very important to sustain inmortal call?

gear:
Spoiler

Running curse on hit with herald of ice, so dont need ice on gear, procs ice EE with spells (BV) and attacks (cyclone), and mana reservation is same of blasphemy to run curse

8,1K ES now, if i fix dex problems will change gear maybe axium or other ES belt

Passives:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA5YFQgceDXwN0Q5IDlwRLREvEVARlhXXGyUc3B1PIG4o-ioLKjgrCiycLKYsvy0fLdIy0TQKNbk3ZjsoPAVBlkVHRX5GcUlRS65Ms1AwVmNXyV3yX2pfsGBDY0NmVGr6bRluPW-ecFJwVncHfIN-WX_GgpuDCYTFhXuFfYauhxOJ04w2jHaPGo_6kBuQ1pMnlS6YrZoTmjubtZykn9-hL6crrrO0DLiTuZO-gL6KwGbDCcM6ykrK09Af0NDQ9dlb217b1OOE6QLquuvu6_XsGOw473zv6_DV8h0=

Any suggestion?

Yeah... Don't go CI when you can afford good gear? :) You're literally gaining 7 points for no reason but chaos immunity and some extra ES which is countered by an overall lowered ehp. You also are much more suspectible to stuns and other status alignements, you lose vision and the other stuff that follows with CI.

Also curious, you can afford multimodded diamonds and a 21/20 discharge, why are you using a bad dagger base with a bricked mod and also skipping Maligaros?

Edit: IC isnt that important to keep at 20, while BV is imo.
Last edited by krilox on Jan 11, 2016, 7:40:40 AM
Edited, double post
Last edited by reimbowl on Jan 11, 2016, 9:50:14 AM
"
krilox wrote:
"
reimbowl wrote:

gear:
Spoiler

Passives:
Spoiler

Any suggestion?

Yeah... Don't go CI when you can afford good gear? :) You're literally gaining 7 points for no reason but chaos immunity and some extra ES which is countered by an overall lowered ehp. You also are much more suspectible to stuns and other status alignements, you lose vision and the other stuff that follows with CI.

Also curious, you can afford multimodded diamonds and a 21/20 discharge, why are you using a bad dagger base with a bricked mod and also skipping Maligaros?

I go CI because my gear doesn´t have chaos res, and I don´t want to buy a new op ES shield, rings, boots, etc, so I don´t care about chaos now and have a decent ES (8,1K).
Discharge 21/20 from my old mjolner build.
Status aliments no prob with permanent flasks from my old build.
Dagger bricked, why? not the best dagger of course, but it doesn´t bricks EE, is enough for 6 ex couldn´t buy any better in standard.
I have legacy maligaros wich I would use if I would not need extra dex, but gloves are not bad with ES gives more survability, maligaros for more dps
So I will downgrade my IC to avoid strenght, and keep leveling my BV, dexterity still an issue
Last edited by reimbowl on Jan 11, 2016, 10:18:37 AM
"
reimbowl wrote:
"
krilox wrote:
"
reimbowl wrote:

gear:
Spoiler

Passives:
Spoiler

Any suggestion?

I go CI because my gear doesn´t have chaos res, and I don´t want to buy a new op ES shield, rings, boots, etc, so I don´t care about chaos now and have a decent ES (8,1K).
Discharge 21/20 from my old mjolner build.
Status aliments no prob with permanent flasks from my old build.
Dagger bricked, why? not the best dagger of course, but it doesn´t bricks EE, is enough for 6 ex couldn´t buy any better in standard.
I have legacy maligaros wich I would use if I would not need extra dex, but gloves are not bad with ES gives more survability, maligaros for more dps
So I will downgrade my IC to avoid strenght, and keep leveling my BV, dexterity still an issue

Mm fair enough, it's overall worse though. It's "bricked" in my opinion because the bad base and that you need the gloves to trigger EE.

Can get a better one for 6ex :) Buy a cheap skean/poignard with a suffix, lock prefixes, scour suffix, remove mod, multimod, voila, clean dagger to craft cold damage on e.g.

90 es and 68 hp isnt worth it for malis imo.

Yeah dex is harder now due to BV :|

Edit: I dont have chaos res on my belt or shield either btw.
Last edited by krilox on Jan 11, 2016, 9:57:12 PM
Btw about dagger.

Skean (top base) cost ~1ex+. Ypu can fully craft a rare dagger with one prefix(vagan's) and one any suffix for ~6ex (multimod, cannot change prefix, any master prefix, one more to be sure, scour (remove all suffixes), remove master mods; multimod, craft anything you need (aps, crit, spell dmg, flat cold on spell)). Total cost ~7.5ex. Maybe it will help.

Result
Just wanted to drop by and give a report on how my character is doing!

Previously I asked for some help back on Page 54 and I made some adjustments to my gear.

I managed to raise my ES from 2.3k to 3.3k thanks to discipline(Wasn't able to run it before due to exceeding 100% reserve). This number will go up once I reroll my 12% ES on a ring I just picked up and get a new helm with ~270-300 ES.

I crafted a decent dagger and my crit raised from 36 to ~50% with ice golem but no PC(with PC it's around ~66%). The dagger had a useless affix when I regaled it but I said screw it, I'm ready to see the power of this character. Could use some work but right now, the damage seems to be fine except for killing bosses where it's a bit slower.

Had a relatively hard time getting used to this character for a few hours but once I got adjusted, this character just flew lol. Leveling up with this character is insanely easy compared to other builds I tried.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue with my upgrades steadily.

Great guide
This may be a very silly question but is there any utility in using blood dance + zealot's oath + acuity for generating even more charges + 12% more damage + having around 250 ish ES regeneration per second?

It's not great vs bosses but vs everything else it seems very strong.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info