MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

"
PoE17 wrote:
"
Shecutor wrote:
Rly guys aboute EE my head wil blow up XD only 1 question since i am using bv

this ring
with add cold to atack wil proc EE with bv ?

No. 'added cold to attacks' will not work with blade vortex which is a spell.
It will apply to your cyclone and your whirling blades though.
You will get EE effect with monsters you hit cyclone and whirling blades.

Damn :( so any idea what to do now ? my dager its
so i need to buy one with add cold ?
it wil be not cheap so any itdea ? since i dont found add cold ( not to atack ) diamond ring
"
Shecutor wrote:
"
PoE17 wrote:
"
Shecutor wrote:
Rly guys aboute EE my head wil blow up XD only 1 question since i am using bv

this ring
with add cold to atack wil proc EE with bv ?

No. 'added cold to attacks' will not work with blade vortex which is a spell.
It will apply to your cyclone and your whirling blades though.
You will get EE effect with monsters you hit cyclone and whirling blades.

Damn :( so any idea what to do now ? my dager its
so i need to buy one with add cold ?
it wil be not cheap so any itdea ? since i dont found add cold ( not to atack ) diamond ring

Well you still get EE on single target bosses and mobs you hit with cyclone.
It's just BV doesn't trigger EE in sequence with Discharge unless you get somewhere 'added cold damage to spells mod'.
- The aura herald of ice does this, was mentioned somewhere
- catarinas bench mod does it to daggers
- use ice nova and whack BV in a cwdt with inc duration :p

sorry all the options i got.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Jan 10, 2016, 4:37:34 AM
Is there any reason not to at least use BV on a cwdt setup since its essentially generating free power charges?

So right now there are 3 options:

fire cyclone
IN
discharge
(64k dps calculated)

cold cyclone
discharge
IN
(61k dps calculated)

and

cyclone
cold BV
discharge

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You were right poe. I went to test it myself after 6 linking a shavs with 1400+ fusings..LOL. The power charge generation is a little low. Comparing it between a voll's protector and shavs+skyforth. Volls can generate all power charges very very quickly while Shavs/skyforth will generate at most 4 in that time frame. Very rarely I would see 6.
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

With Nova even if it fails to proc the +25% fire dmg is better than any other option.

Not when you have cold damage on dagger instead of fire, thus Discharge always hitting on a positive EE effect even when Nova doesn't activate.

Yeah I thought like you too before I made my calculator, that's why I have cold on dagger.

The reason is that an additional PC generated by Nova placed before discharge outweighs the 21% chance of +25% fire -50% light.

Wait... but placing Ice Nova before Discharge means you should use +fire on a dagger.
You use +cold. So where's the logic?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Yeah I thought like you too before I made my calculator, that's why I have cold on dagger.

The reason is that an additional PC generated by Nova placed before discharge outweighs the 21% chance of +25% fire -50% light.

Wait... but placing Ice Nova before Discharge means you should use +fire on a dagger.
You use +cold. So where's the logic?

The answer is the first sentence in you quoted. But I'll reiterate: I thought more consistent EE would be better than an additional power charge but I was wrong and didn't know until I made the calculator. But I was also L100 at that point so I didn't bother changing my dagger.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Alright, that clears things up more or less.

Question - would CI version of the build be superior?
It can get way higher EHP compared to hybrid, and be chaos immune so easier gearing.

About BV - it should always be used, either in the main link or on CwDT, no reason not to use it.
The advantage of it being on CoC is that it has a higher uptime that way.

gubaguy

About Elreon's rings - don't need Diamonds if you don't have currency, use resistance rings, they are significantly cheaper and, well, have more resistance. If you still can't cap replace Purity of Lightning with Purity of Elements.

Shecutor

What prevents you from crafting +fire on dagger, if you use Ice Nova, or added cold to attacks/spells if you use BV? Your dagger has a free prefix
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Hi!
Thanks for a Great build and guide! Im playing On standard and i saw that u suggest your setup if you are playing On talisman what Wold be different On standard? Trying to min max my build what Would you suggest in chaos res for atziri? I currently got +30

Thanks again.
"
Shajirr wrote:
Alright, that clears things up more or less.

Question - would CI version of the build be superior?
It can get way higher EHP compared to hybrid, and be chaos immune so easier gearing.

According to my calculations it would have worse total HP, and be more susceptible to stun, freez, and shock.

If you have your own calculations feel free to share. AFAIK the people doing CI are doing it in talisman because they can't get good gear with chres. Also AFAIK they only get 7k ES.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Hi again. I just kill uber. I'm happy. It was easy. Build is OP.

Lots of text

It's my first uber attempt. 3 deaths (vaal fallen with mace, trio, atziri). I'm CI, 7.8k es, 5.7k es with saffels. Use saffel's at atziri, 98 fres/lre with flasks, so i can tank flamblasts/storm calls and mirror clone in split form. Atziri's phys spear deal most of dmg ~4k, i think (with 10k armour due flask).

Gear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA5YHHg18DkgOXBEvEVARlhXXGyUc3CBuIvQo-ioLKjgrCiy_LdIvbzLRNbk7KDwFPV9BlkVHRX5GcUlRSbFLrkyzUDBSU1RHVmNXyV3yX2pfsGBDZJ1mVGr6bAttGW49b55wUnBWcLt3B35Zf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hq6HE4nTjDaMdo8aj_qQG5BVkyeVLpeVl_SYrZoTmjubtZykn9-hL6a-pyuus7QMuJO-gL6KwGbDOspKytPQH9DQ0PXXz9kT2VvbXtvU34rhiOUZ6QLquuvu6_XsGOw473zviO_r8NXyHfk3

I know that gear is pretty expensive (legacy flask), but you should know I have now skill. Just spam cyclone and drinking flasks.
Drop

id drop. Nice roll for me (almost top es), would use it. 8.1k es now.
Last edited by Wicirelllis on Jan 10, 2016, 4:41:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info