MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

"
Shajirr wrote:

Anyway, we have a 30% chance of Ice Nova not activating, in this case Discharge hits EE applied by dagger, hitting +25% fire resist.

In my eyes increasing Nova damage, which is minimal, is not worth heavily decreasing Discharge damage in 30% cases.

With Nova even if it fails to proc the +25% fire dmg is better than any other option.

Also its damage (or esp. FP's) isn't minimal for single target scenarios where you have about 2/2 PC/EC.

But it does look like BV has better single target damage anyways.

Regardless the point of my build is the defense. Whether you use BV or IN, I don't care. People are hyped about CoC discharge now because Mathil posted a video with BV. But IMO if you went life-based with BV you'd have the same trouble as before: great damage but susceptible to oneshots. BV/IN doesn't make or break the build, total HP stacking does.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
gubaguy wrote:
Ok, updated some of my gear, still sitting at 1994 life, and now at 3700 ES, if i swap out my low level discipline for a lvl 19 it jumps to 4100, which i still feel is a tad low. Ive also begun to experience some pretty severe mana issues when attempting to kill bosses, more then once ive run out in a particularly bad streak of not critting and thus not doing damage, and then taking a ton of damage out of nowhere. So mana is an issue right now.ive also sorta been toying with the idea of getting a diffrent curse to supply frenzy charges, not sure how they would actually impact the build though.

anyways, any {more} advice on how to stop dying would be great!

Spoiler

Slight update to my own post, recrafted my original ring
3800 ES

then, bought this beautiful ring for 24 chaos

Sitting at 2163 life, 4273 ES. only 65.something chance to crit now dowm from my 70+ T~T
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

With Nova even if it fails to proc the +25% fire dmg is better than any other option.

Not when you have cold damage on dagger instead of fire, thus Discharge always hitting on a positive EE effect even when Nova doesn't activate.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Also its damage (or esp. FP's) isn't minimal for single target scenarios where you have about 2/2 PC/EC.

BV generates additional charges, you will have more than 2 of each kind

gubaguy

None of your Rings have Elreons -8 mana mod, of course you will have mana issues. Get Elreon rings.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 9, 2016, 9:03:23 PM
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Not when you have cold damage on dagger instead of fire, thus Discharge always hitting on a positive EE effect even when Nova doesn't activate.

Yeah I thought like you too before I made my calculator, that's why I have cold on dagger.

The reason is that an additional PC generated by Nova placed before discharge outweighs the 21% chance of +25% fire -50% light.

"

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

You need to read more carefully. That comment is related to fire on dagger, which is only relevant if using IN/FP, where you will only have about 2/2.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

gubaguy

None of your Rings have Elreons -8 mana mod, of course you will have mana issues. Get Elreon rings.

i dont have ANYWEHRE near the amoutn of currency i need ot buy elreon duiamond rings, im also checking poe.trade, i cant even FIND diamond elreons with the resistences i would need to replace my current rings, as it stands im at EXACTLY 75% fre res after merciless reduction. Ive also discovered another issue, im sure its chaos damage, but some sort of damage keeps doing a ton of damage to me through my ES. But i never see any mobs that do chaos damage so im not 100% sure.
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

gubaguy

i dont have ANYWEHRE near the amoutn of currency i need ot buy elreon duiamond rings, im also checking poe.trade, i cant even FIND diamond elreons with the resistences i would need to replace my current rings, as it stands im at EXACTLY 75% fre res after merciless reduction. Ive also discovered another issue, im sure its chaos damage, but some sort of damage keeps doing a ton of damage to me through my ES. But i never see any mobs that do chaos damage so im not 100% sure.

Gee mate, you're not helping anyone, including yourself. You should really read the OP which does provide advice on how much chaos resistance you need in merciless, and some stuff about the mechanics. You can probably start here:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chaos_damage
Plenty of choas monsters / mechanics in the game.

Spoiler
Monsters
Monsters with chaos damage attacks include: Some Spawns, some Beasts, some Spiders, some Skeletal Archers, some Snakes, some Bandits, some Ghosts, some Undyings, some Spitters, and some Zombies.

Bosses with chaos damage attacks include:

Oozeback Bloom (Enemies Lose Life Over Time)
Sawbones (Cast Desecrate)
Plague Retch (Viper Strike, Enemies Lose Life Over Time)
Black Death (use Viper Strike)
Tailsinger (Throws Posion Bombs)
The Weaver (Deals Chaos Damage, Viper Strike)
Spinesnap (Leaves poison clouds)
Fleshrend, Grand Inquisitor (Cast Desecrate)
Alal the Terrifying (Throws Posion Bombs)
Maligaro, The Inquisitor (Cast Desecrate, Vaal Fire Trap)

Don't forget you can craft resistance onto rings, you don't always have to buy it with it already on there, if the ring has the mod spot for a resistance craft. Resistance also can be covered elsewhere such as passive points, even if temporarily and also through jewels.

"
Shajirr wrote:
PoE17
Yeah I admit partially my explanation was wrong, I was originally going from Ice Nova having a travel time as opposed to instant hits from Discharge and Cyclone, but it doesn't really matter since at point blank range it will still hit before Discharge. Probably.
I doubt the effects of the casting animation would effect us the way i think you're thinking about it. Though this would be different if we were using skills like glacial cascade, or applying EE through projectiles.

It's very noticable the positive effects of Ice Nova EE on Discharge when you turn the EE node on and off in the tree.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Jan 9, 2016, 11:04:01 PM
"
PoE17 wrote:
"
PoE17 wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

gubaguy

Gee mate, you're not helping anyone, including yourself. You should really read the OP which does provide advice on how much chaos resistance you need in merciless, and some stuff about the mechanics. You can probably start here:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chaos_damage
Plenty of choas monsters / mechanics in the game.

Spoiler
Monsters
Monsters with chaos damage attacks include: Some Spawns, some Beasts, some Spiders, some Skeletal Archers, some Snakes, some Bandits, some Ghosts, some Undyings, some Spitters, and some Zombies.

Bosses with chaos damage attacks include:

Oozeback Bloom (Enemies Lose Life Over Time)
Sawbones (Cast Desecrate)
Plague Retch (Viper Strike, Enemies Lose Life Over Time)
Black Death (use Viper Strike)
Tailsinger (Throws Posion Bombs)
The Weaver (Deals Chaos Damage, Viper Strike)
Spinesnap (Leaves poison clouds)
Fleshrend, Grand Inquisitor (Cast Desecrate)
Alal the Terrifying (Throws Posion Bombs)
Maligaro, The Inquisitor (Cast Desecrate, Vaal Fire Trap)

Don't forget you can craft resistance onto rings, you don't always have to buy it with it already on there, if the ring has the mod spot for a resistance craft. Resistance also can be covered elsewhere such as passive points, even if temporarily and also through jewels.

AGAIN, CURRENCY, DO NOT HAVE IT. How is that something you dont understand? I guess if you've spent however many thousands on this game like you have currency grows on trees.

to be clear, i know how crafting works, im 90% self found, i self craft almost ALL my gear, i only buy form players when i cant find the proepr bases at the proper levels, or cant get the mods any other way, such as elreon rings. Right now ive already given up half my DPs building into defenses and now im being told, 3 pages AFTER my first post for help after everyone told me what to buy the FIRST time, AFTER I SPENT ALL MY CURRENCY, that i still haev to invest in chaos res. the HARDEST resistence to buy, and not only that but i have to get it on a ring that already costs 1-2ex a pop, and THEN i still have to self craft it, thats another 4 EX into multimodding the rings, this "budget" build somehow jsut got more expensive then my shavs.

i might try using skyforths and switch out voll's to a carcass jack or go lowlife with shavs
"
gubaguy wrote:

AGAIN, CURRENCY, DO NOT HAVE IT. How is that something you dont understand? I guess if you've spent however many thousands on this game like you have currency grows on trees.

to be clear, i know how crafting works, im 90% self found, i self craft almost ALL my gear, i only buy form players when i cant find the proepr bases at the proper levels, or cant get the mods any other way, such as elreon rings. Right now ive already given up half my DPs building into defenses and now im being told, 3 pages AFTER my first post for help after everyone told me what to buy the FIRST time, AFTER I SPENT ALL MY CURRENCY, that i still haev to invest in chaos res. the HARDEST resistence to buy, and not only that but i have to get it on a ring that already costs 1-2ex a pop, and THEN i still have to self craft it, thats another 4 EX into multimodding the rings, this "budget" build somehow jsut got more expensive then my shavs.

Alot of us are playing this in the new leagues including myself where we all start with zero currency and zero hours played. No money on trees in our hideout, no previous hours played., we just don't all come on the forums to complain about it or asking for help just because we can't afford something we need. We're all in the same boat in the new league, trying to find solutions to our own problems.

"
gubaguy wrote:
i cant even FIND diamond elreons with the resistences

hence why i suggested to just find something and consider crafting also as an option. I also suggested trying to cover your resists elsewhere such as on the tree or on jewels, i guess i wasn't helping much, purity auras are also another option. I wasn't implying that you are dumb and stupid and didnt know how to craft. though i'm very surprised you didn't even know that chaos damage bypasses energy shield. How is it that you've joined in 2013, own a shavs, and not know this.

"
gubaguy wrote:
that i still haev to invest in chaos res.

Chaos res needs is mentioned on the very first page, bad luck to you if u diddn't read/see it.

"
thats another 4 EX into multimodding the rings, this "budget" build somehow jsut got more expensive then my shavs.
The requirements for mana management and elreon rings with mgoh jewelry is in the front page, always has been. There is a budget section, but nothing which say's this is a budget build. It even says it should be your second build, indirectly implying it's not easy/cheap to start off with. Example gear is even given on the front page so you know what sort of gear you have to invest in.

Spoiler
Budget
This build should only be done as your second build. I recommend starting out with this build and then respecing. The reason is that it's not very good without voll's devotion and a 5L voll's protector as well as about 5ex worth of other gear.

FYI in talismans, i had resits issues too from merciless entering maps, so i grabbed the resits nodes i needed and even ran purities. I had not much currency either for crit elreon rings, so i just used whatever rings, then swiched to whatever elreon rings i got from my own vendor, then aug, regal and craft what i needed for the time being. I even run a hybrid flask to help with mana before elreon rings. Chaos is also an issue for me atm in maps as i dont have much chaos, so i carry a chaos flasks with me just in case. You can't just pick up a build and expect to be god with it without any work.

... I guess sorry that i can't help you.
Last edited by PoE17 on Jan 10, 2016, 4:24:21 AM
"
Peachcakelolz wrote:
i might try using skyforths and switch out voll's to a carcass jack or go lowlife with shavs
Volls chest special ability to give power charge per HIT and not per attack is pretty huge. hence why playing C.I. you still would use a volls and not a big juicy creamy 900 ES chest. Volls boots works exactly like the gem, but even if u use the pcoc gem with the boots you will struggle with charge generation for discharge. Unless you intended to not use the dischrage gem with volls devotion and go with another spell to deal damage.

I'd suggest you whack a tabula rasa on with a pcoc gem in your links as a test simulation to see how much you're going to miss volls chest.

Sorry for long post: this was from way back when skyforths were revealed.

"
PoE17 wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Natsuyu wrote:
Did anyone experiment with skyforth?
If 25% power charge on crit is good enough, voll's protector could be dropped in favour of shavronne's wrappings.

It depends if it's per hit or per attack. For instance PCoC is per attack, but if this 25% is per hit it could be a nice DPS boost. It cannot replace Voll's protector though.

A bunch of you guys are asking questions that can be answered by reading OP and investigating my gear. I'll post my 2.1 gear.

He himself said the mod works exactly like the gem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3wfs3o/new_unique_skyforth_sorcerer_boots/

From reddit:
[–]SkyforthHybrid Wander / Elemental Wander / Chaos Discharger / Glaciator[S] 99 points 6 days ago*
:(
Watch to the end.
Alright
Easy to see http://i.imgur.com/ceYrKfb.jpg of actual stats.
I'll do some explanation,
The mana roll has a range from 60-120
25% chance to gain a power charge on crit works exactly like the gem and stacks with it.
6% reduced mana reserved is the same are the tree nodes.
No life regen also means No es regen even if you use ZO
Stun threshold also implies duration and is based on maximum mana pool (like it is normally based on maximum life pool).
I wanted to design a powerful end game unique and as i result i chose to put an item level drop restriction of 84.
On another note, the downside used to be 5% maximum mana degenerated per second. I realized soon after that the unique would literally be unusable by practically everyone and thus changed it. The mana roll used to be 120-180 but it was nerfed before it was even released.
Carl suggested the name for the boots and stuck with it.
I want 3D art for them, i've asked a hundred times but practically nothing will be done. Meh, nothing much i can do.
Hopefully this answers most questions.
As for now, i'm probably gonna take a break if i don't end up getting a pair. The conflict of emotions is just too great. I spend the large part of a year designing them and getting all hyped for today. I prepared 12k chance scours (worth more than a mirror) for today. After getting them and then losing them it's left me with a sour taste in my mouth that i can't get rid off. Every chance scour i now use afterwards feels like a smack in the face and i still have 6-7k left. I can't look at the game like i did before anymore. I'm just so disappointed for some reason, even with the funny side of what occurred.
Welp, hopefully those who reach the endgame are able to pick these up one way or another and be able to utilize them in the many ways possible. If anyone gets a +1 version, pm me and i'll let you know of something that is enabled by that.
Last edited by PoE17 on Jan 10, 2016, 4:25:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info