Life is already hard enough...

This applies to any game:

If you are not having fun, just quit. It's as simple as that.

POE can be won without playing 12H a day, but yea to get the gear you need/want in challenge leagues you should spend atleast 10-15h a week, its a non-pw2 grinding game.

If this is not your cup of tea, find another game.

It's all about having fun.

GL HF

Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
I normally level up through normal and that's fun, it does not matter what build I choose, afterwards I just delete the character and try something else. I find the game too difficult at higher levels, I don't have the time, items or knowledge to get me over merc every season over and over again so I play the relaxed mode, just to check out new content. The nice thing is gearing up in normal - it takes no time at all.
Useful site this wikipedia. This just happened to caught my eye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
"
so why play a trade simulator when you feel like you're getting shafted in the a***?

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game. We all have 24 hours a day. If someone spends 12 hours on PoE, that means he/she has very little time left to do other stuff. That's just kindergarten math.

We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

So please, to all the players that are getting extremely frustrated because of PoE, whether is getting gated out of end game content, or trading, or RNG, or the inferiority when comparing yourself to some rich player that has mirrors and mirrored gear, do yourself a favor and ask yourself this question:

"WTF am I doing in this digital world, if I don't even feel like I am having fun anymore??"

"
you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game

Don't say for every1, you may not believe but some peoples thinks the vidyagaems is most fun thing you can have living in this time.
I think same, i am PC gamer for like 16 years and stil prefer games over all other things i can even imagine to do in this world.
If only there will be more devs like GGG who do games for peoples who want to enjoy the game, not relax playing it.
Dear OP. It is a sad state of affairs but sadly this game attracts morons that think this game is some kind of an e-sport and they will defend the current state of the game no matter what.
"
CoAx wrote:
Dear OP. It is a sad state of affairs but sadly this game attracts morons that think this game is some kind of an e-sport and they will defend the current state of the game no matter what.

Sorry for enjoying the game I guess.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
CoAx wrote:

Sorry for enjoying the game I guess.

Enjoyin the game and treating it like a sport are two different things. You can enjoy something like sport but not excusively, but you can like sport but not enjoy it. Example:
I like football but i hate playin it. Oh looks similarities everywhere :^)

Regular PoE shouldnt require same commitment as a sport. It has race season for this shit...
Whole reasoning around temp leagues as chellenge leagues is retarded. Sums up in either "who has most free time" or "who can buy time with RL currency".

But race for "who first kills malachai in merciless" is good example of chellenge. Testing up knowlegde and commitment of contestants. And thats why so many of these "wanna be" hardcores, failed so hard on being HOURS after Mr. Weasle...

End of topic.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
It's a game, some people enjoy it and some people not, simple.
"
We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

You shouldn't speak for entire community, it is only your opinion. You don't enjoy game? Stop playing and making stupid threads.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 27, 2015, 2:51:34 AM
Nah.
I play this game exclusively to laugh at my friends when they die to silly mistakes.
Then they all quit for a year again due to game's technical issues, so I can move on with my real life.

We all are here with different goals in mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info