Life is already hard enough...

Totally understand your position at this, but it's like a job, experience makes you better at this game, i'm really enjoying the game now, much more than was a newbie.
Can be frustrating sometimes but without hard work there is no reward.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
"
so why play a trade simulator when you feel like you're getting shafted in the a***?

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game. We all have 24 hours a day. If someone spends 12 hours on PoE, that means he/she has very little time left to do other stuff. That's just kindergarten math.

We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

So please, to all the players that are getting extremely frustrated because of PoE, whether is getting gated out of end game content, or trading, or RNG, or the inferiority when comparing yourself to some rich player that has mirrors and mirrored gear, do yourself a favor and ask yourself this question:

"WTF am I doing in this digital world, if I don't even feel like I am having fun anymore??"

The shift from an almost self-accusatory 'you' to a pathetic (i.e. attempting pathos) argument by consensus 'we' is about as textbook an example of projection as you'll ever get.

I've no idea who this WE Tradgirl is talking about, but it's not us, as the many replies have clarified.

Too hard to switch those we's to I's ? That's just my opinion. I can understand the point the OP was making. This whole "pathetic", "self-accusatory", "argument by consensus", "projection" thing..... well......

“That’s just like, your opinion, man”

And everyone is welcome to their opinion. Except in wraeclast where we belittle them for opening a discussion up.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Holy flying F&*! Charan and I agree on something.

trying to 'achieve' anything in a game so ruled by the dice and so obviously weighted in favour of the house is the epitome of masochism

Maybe I'll go flog myself and see if it's as fun as the game is in it's current state.
I grew up on a very large farm / ranch. I have a grade 3 assignment with the question,

"What is your favorite toy"

I answered, "my shovel". I wonder where my shovel is.

Like the simpsons song goes, "I'm gonna dig me a hole....gonna put a nerd in it. "
Their ton of new casual no brain game each game almost all new aaa are like that why play one of the really few game not like that and ask to change it like that its dumb
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
And whose to define what an 'awesome life' even means?

lol, I think its something young people have.

You get to a point in your life where you either have kids, work all day to pay for them to have computer games, books and cool new music... or you say fuck it and just play computer games, read books and listen to music yourself.

I chose me, selfish me

With some prostitute for the second possibility :D
"
So you're part of the OP's super arbitrary 'we'. That's cool. Personally *I* play games because I can and they're fun. I think trying to 'achieve' anything in a game so ruled by the dice and so obviously weighted in favour of the house is the epitome of masochism, but hey. Whatever works for you...man.

I almost agreed.

Then I realised I'm replying in the forum of a game that gives me achievement pop ups (which scare the life out of me) for farting at the correct pitch and has regular 'challenge' leagues that have shopping 'challenges' which you get a special shopping badge for and even awards T-shirts to the first 50 to buy them.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 24, 2015, 12:28:44 PM
"
JNF wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
If life is hard, your not doing it right.

Peace,

-Boem-

Your grammar...you're not doing it right.

Let's see if you can spot your own mistake. Should be easy, you highlighted the damn thing.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
"

We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

Wow... I'm only slightly kidding when I say that Video Games are poor substitutes for, like, actual therapy... I'm sure you were exaggerating, but the reality is that at some point, you'll 6L that shavs, and it will feel awesome, and your toon will get a 30% DPS bump, and then you'll realize it's just a friggin' game and no seriously, what does it matter? Not trying to be all Existentialist Dread (my next toon name, I think), but yeah...

On a general note, if you don't like trading, don't trade. You decide what you want to do in the game, not the game. It's a sandbox to a large extent, especially the end game.

Want to try a WAY funky build? (Cast on Flask was a great example) GREAT! That not your thing? You want overt competition? PVP or Racing? Not geared like a GOD?! Low-Level PVP Racing.

Want to get to 100? Yeah... When you set that as your goal, get used to the grind, man. Don't like the grind? Welp... might want to choose another goal...

Hate the trading? Hate the master farming, hate the whatever? Then why are you doing it? What's the goal you're trying to get to that forces you to do the things you hate? Maybe... just change your goal? Seems easier...
It's something that almost everyone goes through in their life at some point.

You get extremely dedicated to something - be that cycling, gaming, television,your spouse, whatever. You then binge on the hobby to the highest extreme, because it's your favorite activity, until you reach "burnout." But now you're lost. Because that hobby is still an important part of your life but you're tired of it and you are angry at it even though it has not changed. Your anger stems from the fact that your time spent has revealed flaws - flaws you didn't notice when you were just getting into the hobby, but flaws that became apparent over the excessive amount of time spent on your hobby. Your hobby has not changed at all, but your attitude has.

There's only one solution to this. Sticking around only makes life harder, you have to sever ties with your hobby and experience the rest of the world. It's hard, because it's like breaking an addiction, but if you are truly in this state of mind it's something you have to do or you will be angry or depressed all the time for seemingly no reason. Experience other things, come back with a fresh outlook (or don't come back at all) and take pride in yourself because you're growing as a person and learning new things about the world. Discover that the world does not revolve around one hobby, discover that there are flaws in everything and eventually you will learn to accept the flaws in your favorite hobbies more easily and perhaps rekindle your love for the original hobby that sent you on your journey.

/psych lesson
have a nice day =]
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Aug 25, 2015, 3:15:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info