Life is already hard enough...

"
We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

[stuff]... do yourself a favor and ask yourself this question:

"WTF am I doing in this digital world, if I don't even feel like I am having fun anymore??"

You say you want to be good at PoE, yet the bottom line for you is fun. Do these two goals complement each other or are you asking too much of yourself and the game, taking your strengths and weaknesses into account?

I don't read the forums assiduously, and still I've seen numerous helpful citizens point of to PeaceBoem how to do contractions and plurals. Still he persists with exalt's and such. Either he's wilfully dense, or having a good chuckle (or something else or some fancy combo) - in any case, look's like he aint gonna change anytime soon.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I chose me, selfish me

No you aren't. You aren't selfish. You would only be selfish imo if you had kids and didn't work hard to support them.
I can see this type conversation happening in the 1400's at a chess club meeting :)

Let's face it poe right now is the best game of it's type and if your bored of it playing another game like it is gonna be a downgrade.

Just ask yourself this question... If you had to go back to playing the game you played before poe would you? Answer to that question for me is a No.

Just try to be thankful for what we have imo cause we are lucky to have it.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Aug 23, 2015, 1:42:19 AM
"
so why play a trade simulator when you feel like you're getting shafted in the a***?

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game. We all have 24 hours a day. If someone spends 12 hours on PoE, that means he/she has very little time left to do other stuff. That's just kindergarten math.

We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

So please, to all the players that are getting extremely frustrated because of PoE, whether is getting gated out of end game content, or trading, or RNG, or the inferiority when comparing yourself to some rich player that has mirrors and mirrored gear, do yourself a favor and ask yourself this question:

"WTF am I doing in this digital world, if I don't even feel like I am having fun anymore??"

O sweet rngesus, speak for yourself.

I consider my life awesome BECAUSE I have the time and means to devote towards a videogame. The same applies to when I get into a pool/billiards phase or a chess-playing phase, or whatever else. Not everybody has this luxury.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
p.s. I see I've echoed the sentiments of many others.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
CalamityAOE wrote:

Let's face it poe right now is the best game of it's type and if your bored of it playing another game like it is gonna be a downgrade.

I agree.

This is coming from someone who tried diablo 3 for the first time approx. 2-3 weeks ago.
"
so why play a trade simulator when you feel like you're getting shafted in the a***?

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game. We all have 24 hours a day. If someone spends 12 hours on PoE, that means he/she has very little time left to do other stuff. That's just kindergarten math.

We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

So please, to all the players that are getting extremely frustrated because of PoE, whether is getting gated out of end game content, or trading, or RNG, or the inferiority when comparing yourself to some rich player that has mirrors and mirrored gear, do yourself a favor and ask yourself this question:

If you are playin games to find fullfilment, demn you are doing it so wrong... If you dont feel like you are good at something in RL its sad.

I would rather say that most of PoE players want to run away from RL. Have no responsibilities for some time. Reset. HnS games are probably most brain dead games which helps so much with reset.

Its ok to set yourself goals to achive. But compering them to RL is beyon me...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
JNF wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
If life is hard, your not doing it right.

Peace,

-Boem-

Your grammar...you're not doing it right.

Cheers, fixed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

I am good at plenty of things in life. If I were not good at anything then I would probably spend less time playing and working on bettering myself. As it is now I have my bills paid, food on my plate and no family members in need of my assistance so I have free time to spend doing something I want to do, which is gaming. PoE is not the only game I play but when I have time it is usually my first choice for gaming. Sometimes I can only get on and do master quests but sometimes I can sit and play for 9 hours. It all depends on what is going on in the real world.

I do agree with you on playing so that we can achieve something we can't in real life. I can't shoot fire from my finger tips or summon an undead minion to do my bidding in real life and that is something I can achieve in the game.

Believe me if I wasn't having fun playing PoE then I wouldn't be playing it. There are so many games on the market these days and so much to see and do outside in the hot august sunshine that if my internet crashed I would have no shortage of activities to keep me occupied.

If the game really makes you feel the way your post makes it seem then you should take a break and find something more fulfilling to do with your time.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
I repeat: projection.

The unjustified usage of 'we' is the main indicator that the OP is projecting bigtime.

There was no "we" in the main point of his post, earlier on sure, but his main point is/was this:

I agree with the OP, others may not, but maybe it's time a lot of people ask themselves the question in the OP quoted above. I'll throw myself into this bucket. Maybe it's time I ask myself that question. I've run into the nice smoothened map wall and I'll admit I'm frustrated that the wall is so large....to the point I might need a break.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info