how to use trollner ?

Thanks for response. It is true that abyssus in 2.0 is crap, killing bosses in maps like pyramid and dunes is impossible.

I will try non crit version when I will get lvl 82, I think templar will be good for it. Also glacial hammer is better than ice crash because glacial already have chance to freze.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 26, 2015, 3:34:08 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

I will try non crit version when I will get lvl 82, I think templar will be good for it. Also glacial hammer is better than ice crash because glacial already have chance to freze.

I don't think so.
GH requires multistrike and Melee Splash for AoE, both of which significantly reduce its damage per hit, which in turn reduces freeze effectiveness. So while on paper it looks better, in reality it should be much worse.

Ice Crash needs none of these supports (well you can't use MS anyway), so instead you can link something like Hypothermia / Cold Pen

Basically, if you use GH, you can only use it effectively as a singletarget skill. If you try to use it for AoE, it will be bad, really bad.
However, Ice Crash can function as both AoE and singletarget skill in the same gem setup.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 26, 2015, 6:01:34 AM
Tree - initial version.
Templar or Shadow are interchangeable.
Unfortunately Marauder is too far from Shadow's nodes.

If you Use a jewel that converts ES to Armour in Templar's area, you can get +190% increased Armour with this tree.
So on hard maps swap one Trollner for Lioneye or rare armour shield for massive armour boost.

Getting enough life, AoE, mana, ele/cold/phys damage, freeze nodes, dual-curse, high armour.
Plus some manaleech.
Dual curse contributes for both survivability with higher chance and longer freezes, and for pure damage boost.

The one problem is that HoT actually won't work - so curses will probably have to be used on CwDT instead.

Auras: AA + Hatred

If someone sees any problems with such tree please point them out ;)
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 26, 2015, 6:24:06 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1408694
Hope that my build will help you
Glacial Hammer is not a bad idiea, i'll added to my build :D
And what about ice crash + phys to lightning + WED + added cold + added lightning + cold pen

use call of brotherwood to convert lightning to cold, with wrath & hoi/hot and taking only cold damage and chance to freeze/freeze duration jewell you will end with super high cold damage per hit, and that's the point to freeze everything.

Cameria = 240 DPS (200 phys)
phys to lightning = 60 additionnal lightning
added cold = 156 additional ligthing
added lightning = 180 addtional lightning
wrath = 132 additional lightning
hoi = 47
hot = 47

= 862 base damage
wed = 59% more damage

=1370

ice crash *1.84 = 2520

if we got 400% inc damage

= 12600 cold damage per hit (not dps)

the best would be to party with a curser with elemental equilibtium & boosted curse : temporal chain + elemental weakness + frosbite.
Call of the Brotherhood ring isn't somethign I can afford

Thanks all for help, i stick to glacial hammer with this build, Tried ice crash but it is not frezezing mobs as good as glacial hammer do.

"

Tree - initial version.

legit tree i will try it on templar

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1408694
Hope that my build will help you
Glacial Hammer is not a bad idiea, i'll added to my build :D

What iis your crit chance and multi? can you freze rare and unique mobs?

I will try using your dagger
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 26, 2015, 11:16:11 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Tried ice crash but it is not frezezing mobs as good as glacial hammer do.

I suspect this is because you don't have any freeze-boosting nodes which are taken on my version of the tree. Most people don't have them.

snakesolidx
Interesting idea, however one glaring problem with it is that complete loss of phys damage leaves you with no mana or life leech.
No manaleech is particularly problematic, you will be forced into either mana on hit jewels (which really don't help against singletarget) or using Warlords. Plus all phys leech from jewelry becomes worthless.

I'll try to make a char now, will update here with results.

Everyone rolling crit with a really bad crit base weapon baffles me, so I'll see how good or bad a non-crit setup is.
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 26, 2015, 11:44:42 AM
Ok I assembled the char more-or less.
lvl 82

Ice Crash tooltip with dual-trollners 8100 in a 5L
This does not include Hypothermia, so after first hit my damage ups to 11000

I solved the can't kill zero-life enemies using Southbound with HoI - it explodes entire packs that weren't finished off by Ice Crash.

Now to test this in maps.

Update: not map viable.

Even with a lot of increased armour on tree, the actual MF gear barely has any armour (Greed, Goldwyrm, Perandus belt, Aurseize, etc.), so in the end you still have no armour. Granite isn't enough, runs out too fast.

Basically everything with serious phys dmg kills you in 2-3 hits.
Plus you get rekt by any time of ele dmg since armour is useless for it.
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 26, 2015, 1:41:03 PM
Tested with my build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1408694
because i remake my character to dual wield cleave, so my passive tree change a little
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAAYB3AUtBbUGIAvBDY0UIBXsFfYWvyP2JpUoKioLLlMwcTB8NZI2PTfUOkI-z0MxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1O7VUtW-leXWHVbr18_YEFh4mJ5YqxjcGVNbIxtbG87cFJ0oHTtd9d343gNeWiE2YVSh3aK8ItPjDaNfY2_l3mbap2qo4qmf6lurY2xs7VItfK5Hb02vea-p7_VwBrBBMFJxLjI3MqQz37Tb9Qj1fjYvdlh2sHdqOOf5FHndOjW6UbtP-1B7g7vDvPq_MX-HQ==?accountName=apocalypse1860&characterName=Ey_bOss_SKnSK
current gear:

204 dps/7.37% crit rapier

skill gem: ice crash - melee physical damage - weapon elemental damage - hypothermia - faster attack
tested with dried lake merciless
dps in town:

with hatred + herald of ash + blood rage

with buff + 4 power charge + 4 frenzy charge

ez freeze, ez kill, even voll
because i used faster attack instead of increased critical strikes, so i think the dps and crit chance is same as using Cameria's maul
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Aug 26, 2015, 1:15:45 PM
Can you explain Goredrill? I don't get it.

It causes bleeding, and +40% dmg to bleeding enemies.
40% increased dmg equals 3 average nodes on the skilltree or one good jewel.

Even Prismatic Eclipse with 3 red already gives you more - it gives +75% increased dmg
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 26, 2015, 1:39:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info