how to use trollner ?

Tried do crit dual wield ground slam / glacial hammer with Hatred and herald of ice.

The problem is that 2 chaos sceptre out dps this rare and 40 iir from frozen enemies is bad because it is hard to freze rare or uniuqe mobs even with glacial hammer, it is better to just use iir gem.

Maybe it could work with vaal ground slam but i'm too poor to buy corrupted jewels.

how to make it usable?

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 22, 2015, 1:08:18 PM
Try Ice Crash instead of GS and:

Last edited by Zed_ on Aug 22, 2015, 1:08:21 PM
cool gloves, this would make irr bonus usable because now i often kill not frozen enemies, too bad i have sold my 20q ice crash :(
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 22, 2015, 1:19:22 PM
Ok i tried glacial hammer with these gloves, I also use abyssus to get rekt by phys dmg in 2.0. I hope it will work in 68-72 maps because i want to get lvl 82 for challange on this build.

work good i just need never ending immortal call (i'm working on getting 7 end charges and use it with 20/20 inc duration)

http://gfycat.com/SolidCautiousGrunion
http://gfycat.com/RequiredWildAmbushbug

I have question, does iir bonus work if I have hammer in other hand that I used to kill mob?
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 23, 2015, 6:48:35 AM
By the way it is written, the stat appears to be global.

So you can probably use another weapon to kill frozen monsters and still get 40% iir with trollner in offhand, or get 80%iir for dual trollner freeze kills.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
update:

the problem with this build is low crit+frezze chance, I can only kill frozzen mobs so often when they have 0 hp they trap me and when 10 white mobs hit at once it is hard to survive, when 10 blue mobs attack you at once you are dead.

I'm lvl 69 and im farming city of sarn, at lvl 70 i will move to dried lake and check if this shield will allow me survive.

Found these uniques while leveling up.

managed to get 15 charges at once:

my current build (lvl 69): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwB5wUtBWYIsQvBDjwS4RPMFCAUTRRxGJEaOCcvKU8t0jboOlI62D_8QzFGaUd-TP9P81BHV5dYr1nzWhpfOV8_YEFjcGVNaf5rt25pcql07Xasd-N5aHrvggeE2YTvhX2HKYrwj2CQVZHOkn2Yb5stnz6fy6LqpzCpbqyqsKu77byfvTa-p8EEwzPEgs9-1fjWWNl82sHcI-Qi5FHlz-hm6hjsOOzL7w73Mvjr_Es=?accountName=kamil1210&characterName=POLAK_WARBANDS_DUAL_MAC
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 23, 2015, 1:56:15 PM
got lvl 70, took 5% chance to frezze, used shield, killed by blye archers in dried lake with 7 end charges,

I use 4 power and Frenzy charge, I have 320% crit multi, 33 crit chance and 30% chance to frezee mobs, Still I dont deal enough damage to do long freeze,

multistrike make killing alone mobs awful

unique gavel deal bad damage

abyssus is killing me

gloves that let me kill only frozzen enemies just stock up enemies on me

But that 80% iir (and 55% from gem that I use sometimes) gave me 2 unqiues, yey! Too bad they are crap.

I think i will move to sceptre and unique sword that make attacing super duper fast to get lvl 82, i just ned normal gloves

Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 23, 2015, 4:48:57 PM
Now I use unique sword for max attack speed and without gloves trollner do decend job with glacial hammer. Still need more life because Abyssus is trying to kill me.

http://www.gfycat.com/FirsthandBaggyIndianrockpython

fun with skeletons:
http://i.imgur.com/KWrFHy8.gifv
Spoiler
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 24, 2015, 12:43:54 PM
Started using 20q inc duration for immortal call and 20q enduring cry, mainaining IC for long time is now much easier. I'm farming dried lake and I'm lvl 75.

Upgraded also my gear, found better 5 link in guild stash, bough boots with armour, made all my armour 20 quality. I would want to 20q my hammer but I'm running low on whetstones.

Still geting wreckt but I took some life nodes and it is not that bad. I think now the worse damage are doing snakes with their chaos damage spikes and Voll wit his high phys damage attack (he take up to 80% of my life with single attack)

I'm using dual trollners now, with 80% iir from weapons I have found only 1 unqiue from ghosted rare (used also 2nd attack with 56% iir gem).

my gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 25, 2015, 7:01:57 AM
Abyssus is a REALLY bad idea. Fine for Dried Lake I guess, but good luck levelling in maps with it and wasting valuable portals in higher maps.

This maul has too low of a base crit chance for crit to be worth stacking.
I can't confirm this as I don't have a build compare, but going RT and getting freeze boosting nodes in witch/shadow area should be better in terms of both applying more consistent freezes and survivability. Plus if you path through WItch - get dual curse nodes, and set up classic HoT-CoH-Ele Weakn-Frostbite. This would drastically improve freezing.

Also, just stack added phys on jewelry. This doesn't kill you unlike Abyssus.

A thought about Southbound...
It makes sure that the IIR bonus of Trollner isn't wasted on non-freeze kills,
however, it also robs you of one slot where you can stack more IIR on the item.

Lets say you use Aurseize instead and gain +50 IIR permanently, and this is more IIR than the Southbound setup even if you do kill non-frozen enemies... And much more if you kill frozen ones. Unless you dual-wield Trollners.

So Southbound is not necessarily the best in slot in all cases, if you plan to use a shield and have more-or less reliabe freezes without using Southbound, then Aurseize becomes better for MFing.

I'll probably use one of my free respecs to test this, MFing with one type of character gets stale after a while, at least this would be an excuse to finally use Ice Crash and its full potential for freezing.

Also since you don't use MS with it and you deal more damage the closer enemies are to you, there shouldn't be a problem killing rares with it.

And finally - if you need IC to survive, then there is something wrong with your spec. With Ice Crash + Hatred you have a ton of cold damage to apply, and if it isn''t enough to consistently freeze enemies, you simply build your character incorrectly.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 26, 2015, 3:16:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info