how to use trollner ?

Hm, let's say about Goredrill first:
- Critical strike cause bleeding
- increased 40% attack damage against bleeding enemy. Base duration of bleed is 5s, that means if you hit enemy a critical strike, that cause bleeding, and every hits after that increased 40% damage for 5s
Prismatic Eclipse with 3 red socket just increased damage for that weapon, so it's useless, and blue socket too. But with each green socket, it gives you 12% "Global" Attack Speed, 3 socket is 36%, that's a huge buff
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Aug 26, 2015, 5:27:48 PM
Goredrill is plain bad. 40% "increased" damage is not much at all. A catalyst or soul taker are far more preferably.

Also, to make full use of trollner, you need crit and phys scaling, 100k ice crash is quite easily possible when using abyssus. To counter the drawback, get high amounts of life from the tree. The reason why you aren't freezing much is because your crit chance is abysmally low. Also, the main reason you are having problems is because such builds usually function best when at level 80+.

A skill tree like this would work best:

A bit unoptimized, could be made a lot better tbh, but basic pathing and nodes are there.

Good luck!
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
why you use Cameria's Maul if you have doryani catalyst? Why not spending ~2 exa for dual catalyst? LOL
Well, cameria's is if you're into magic finding or stuff. Other than that it has no real use in endgame, and its very easy to get something with more dps.

Frankly, i would only use it in the very beginning of new leagues if I wanted to make a crit sceptre build. Also, it has higher crit than a catalyst, which is nice.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
The correct way to use Cameria's Maul:

Keep it unidentified.

Play in parties.

Drop it on the ground when the boss dies.

Break out the popcorn and enjoy the show.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Aug 26, 2015, 7:58:40 PM
"
Etherfire wrote:
Goredrill is plain bad. 40% "increased" damage is not much at all. A catalyst or soul taker are far more preferably.

Also, to make full use of trollner, you need crit and phys scaling, 100k ice crash is quite easily possible when using abyssus. To counter the drawback, get high amounts of life from the tree. The reason why you aren't freezing much is because your crit chance is abysmally low. Also, the main reason you are having problems is because such builds usually function best when at level 80+.

A skill tree like this would work best:

A bit unoptimized, could be made a lot better tbh, but basic pathing and nodes are there.

Good luck!

YOur build is good but with 102 point mine got more crit but less life.

Tried on my build some maps, 72 and lower but with ice crash (aoe, crit multi, wed, fortify) and sceptre instead of trollner, it is not very bad. Still need more damage (even with crit multi gem and abyssus) and I don't try to kill bosses that do high phys dmg.

With better rings, amulet and some jewels I see this build could work. And with build that freze so many mobs "Chill of Corruption" gem would give constant vaal haste
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 27, 2015, 3:24:40 PM
I picked a trollner fairly early on in the league, and decided to try to build a character around it. I pretty much only play with what I can find/craft, so that could have been limiting. I did the build as a marauder.

I eventually had the mace, Southbound, Lioneye's Remorse/Wheel of the Stormsail and a 5L Kingsguard

I went with Ice Crash for groups, Glacial Hammer for bosses, but IC is slow - it has a built-in -25% to attack speed. Later in the game if you can't move quickly and do damage you aren't going to get very far. I've gotten to 83, swapped out the Kingsguard for a 5L Daresso's Defiance and am trying Cyclone instead of IC. I use Rallying Cry for the increase in damage, mana and health regen.

What kills a lot of the white mobs for me is Reckoning. With the shield, some passives and Tempest Shield on CWDT I usually have 44% block. Running Hatred + HoI, Reckoning supported by Concentrated effect and Increase Area of Effect (it is a cone-shaped AoE), it averages 2500 damage on a hit, 1500 of that cold, with 23.17% crit chance and 263% crit multiplier. I have stood in Ebony Barracks merciless and let blackguards hit me, watching them shatter in small groups without having to take any actions.

Edit: After writing that, I asked myself why the heck I had it supported like that. I have re-rolled the sockets to 2R1B and replace the Increased AoE with Weapon Elemental Damage. Even with just a level 4 9q gem it is now averaging 2200 cold damage on a hit.

The build in general may not be a winner for MF or speed or what have you, but it can be fun to play at times, particularly if there are monsters that rely on corpses. Stygian Revenants, Necromancers, Gulls, blue groups with Mark of Cannibalism have nothing to use or eat. I never see the spitter version of crabs or the melee mobs that spawn from the corpse of Knitted Horrors. The final boss of Coward's Trial almost looks confused when I leave him for last and there is nothing for him to raise.
Last edited by sacremon49 on Aug 30, 2015, 1:37:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info