Master Crafting Metamods

PoE Community right now:

Now that cat is out of the bag, can we get eternals back? how is new metamod crafting less deterministic crafting than eternal crafting?

Duplicate post

Last edited by Chronologist on Aug 21, 2015, 6:02:53 PM
"
fatelessguy wrote:
I love how in that long post mechanic that is used by one players and is not used by others cause they don't know about it cause they didn't try to know about it is called scamming - really laughing at it.
You, guys, are pretty angry and jealous, but that was obvious from the beginning.
\
You are absolutely correct.
Also if they are referring to the stash scanning issue as scam, people should know that they actually scammed them selves the moment they entered their login info in Procurement. I suspect that Procurement was maliciously used to obtain our login credentials , not the actual email and pass but either the cookie or any sort of identification token Barer that server sends to you as at the end of a request-response communication. Even if the protocol is encrypted, if the login request is successful the server returns a token barer ( some sort of encrypted string required by the methods in the web API so that those methods can identify you as the owner of the data you want to access). this token usually inspires at some point, before that everyone that has this token can use it to obtain data.

Anyways it's our own damn fault for being lazy and using third party software to compose our trading threads.

And also i suggest that GGG is more cautious towards allowing any third party software to be used at all.

Most of this could have been prevented if they implemented a web trading system similar or even better than the current one of poe.trade that will cut of the 3rd party local tools, 3rd party web apps, and the forum as the middle man in the trading process
"
Baelturath wrote:

Yeah, because everyone had around 20-30ex in Standard laying around to throw at the master for "science." ;)

If u don't have some amount of currency on permanent leagues u probably don't play temporary ones. I have some amount of currency on permanent leagues exlusively from temp leagues, and i didn't made some researches only because i didn't even think about it - i guess some people decided they wanna try it and they did, and made profit out of it, and now every1 makes it look like it was smth bad. Moreover, if Qarl didn't remove his comment, he would screw this people making some "science" at first place, and he would screw GGG's politics of wanting players to know some things themselves at second place. That comment was a mistake and had a downside of some people who luckily had time to see it - and that is the only GGG's mistake, but those 10 or 20 people don't actually make any difference. They win a lottery if u want - good for them. Revealing info for every1 wouldn't be right, and i personally absolutely agree with GGG's point of view on this situation - actually lots of people do agree too, but they don't care about sharing their opinion here, most of people here are just those loving drama and thinking GGG screwed them personally.
"
vacii wrote:

You are comparing two uncompareable things

From your post it seems that you do not have the slightest understanding of how programs are running ...

tl;dr

From your post it seems that you do not have the slightest understanding of what formal logics is.

Statements:
1) GGG says, that in this game all descriptions should be taken literally.
2) A says, that it protects B from being wiped by C.
A protects B from being wiped by C (true, tested by players, proven by Chris)
3) X says, that it protects Y from being wiped by Z.
X protects Y from being wiped by Z (false, tested by me)

So... Do you see any misconnections now?
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"
Baelturath wrote:

Yeah, because everyone had around 20-30ex in Standard laying around to throw at the master for "science." ;)

If u don't have some amount of currency on permanent leagues u probably don't play temporary ones. I have some amount of currency on permanent leagues exlusively from temp leagues, and i didn't made some researches only because i didn't even think about it - i guess some people decided they wanna try it and they did, and made profit out of it, and now every1 makes it look like it was smth bad. Moreover, if Qarl didn't remove his comment, he would screw this people making some "science" at first place, and he would screw GGG's politics of wanting players to know some things themselves at second place. That comment was a mistake and had a downside of some people who luckily had time to see it - and that is the only GGG's mistake, but those 10 or 20 people don't actually make any difference. They win a lottery if u want - good for them. Revealing info for every1 wouldn't be right, and i personally absolutely agree with GGG's point of view on this situation - actually lots of people do agree too, but they don't care about sharing their opinion here, most of people here are just those loving drama and thinking GGG screwed them personally.

People will always thing they got screwed over since they always feel entitled to being the best the most beautiful the smartest. This is human nature in general and most people don't realize those issues of the human ego and are better off going and blaming someone else for their hurt feelings rather than doing the simpler thing and saying "f**k it now i will know better" and move one with their lives/game.
"
Garfunkel wrote:
What now? I farm for many hours a day and all I get is items worth 2-20c at best. And what was good at the beggining of the league (10c) now is nothing. I can't afford the exalt orbs I need to buy good gear and there not many guys willing to sell expensive items for chaoses.

What exactly has changed?

- Farm for many hours, acquiring items worth not much *CHECK*
- Certain good items at the beginning of the league, not worth much after a certain amount of time *CHECK*
- Unable to afford Exalts *CHECK*
- Many people not willing to sell EXPENSIVE items for cheap (basically what you are saying) *CHECK*

So nothings changed!

Seriously if you can make 2-20c per day, you wont have problems affording exalts, just because some people haven't profited from this whole incident. The economy will even out.

And saying people wont sell expensive items for Chaos, This is not a charity. Why would someone sell an "Expensive" item for chaos's? That makes no sense!
IGN: Munkehboi
If we believe Chris, we are at fault by not discovering the practical applications of the metamods, which is fine. Nevertheless if some people knew of this at some point of and completely disregarded this feature for the use of eternals, is fine too, if they choose to maliciously hide it from the rest of the playerbase is actually even understandable, just as companies hold trade secrets and licenses from their developments, crafters who invested in the discovery should be rewarded, even if it may be considered by some unethical and what not.

Point being is that the game is not ruined, casual players will still be playing in their casual playstyle, as more hardcore players now have new tools to create items for their builds and selling them, even normal players (me included) will have now an excuse to actually use exalts in crafting. All of this relating to the removal of the eternal orb which was actually a deterrent for their use, event that directly will imply that the use of exalts will spike, and with that their price. Fact that some will find alarming, I believe it to be comforting as the market will find balance again all due to actual practices of pricing, as items priced in exalts that will not sale, because of their increased demand, they will have to drop. An so on the market will regulate itself again.
Last edited by Peacemakerex on Aug 21, 2015, 6:21:08 PM
"
haldagan wrote:
"
vacii wrote:

You are comparing two uncompareable things

From your post it seems that you do not have the slightest understanding of how programs are running ...

tl;dr

From your post it seems that you do not have the slightest understanding of what formal logics is.

Statements:
1) GGG says, that in this game all descriptions should be taken literally.
2) A says, that it protects B from being wiped by C.
3) X says, that it protects Y from being wiped by Z.

So... Do you see any misconnections now?

And where is the formal logic in yours ?

first you say :
A says, that it protects B from being wiped by C.
then you say that :
X says, that it protects Y from being wiped by Z.

should we assume that as a result in your example we get 3 expressions : A==X B==Y and C==Z.
Cause if so all three of the expressions are false and illogical, since we got that oyt of the way it is clear that if A!=X; B!=Y; and C!=Z are all true therefor statement 2) != 3).

also in statement 3) you do not have the correct means of testing cause you only see the end result of several processes running in the background and cannot be seen with finding a way to de-compile the game code or access the original GGG coding.

And next before saying TL:DR think about the fact that you are answering to something you didn't read at all thus manifesting your own ignorance and presenting us the view of your head up your butt TL:DR?? AGAIN ?!
"
Cipp wrote:
I have to say that I'm really disappointed with GGG now.

The expansion was great. The new content is good and the new build options were refreshing. I even think that the new meta-crafting options are great.

But the attitude of this reply by Chris makes me want to quit this game.

Quarls attempt to counter missinformation was commendable. It was a stand against scamming players with false info. A fair thing to do. But removing the post was disastrous. Not only did it leave the false info in place, it also gave a potentially huge advantage to a random sect of players that happened to see the comment. It gave a massive benefit based purely on luck. It is not really all that different from an advantage gained though the use of RMT.

That was bad, but we all make mistakes. The really disapointing thing happened after that initial mistakes.

GGG knew people were using the metamods. They knew why the exalt price was high. They knew that some players were using these metamods to craft high-end gear and making a killing. They knew that at least some of these players were keeping this a secret through spreading false info. And they propably understood that this meant that other players got less out of their drops and had to work harder to upgrade their gear due to inflated exalt prices.

They knew and did nothing. And now they say there is no problem and everything worked as intended. That there is an incentive to scam other players so you should expect to get scammed. Everything was working as intended.

The market was not broken because the market is about change anyways. The market works if there are people on the market and that is all.

But what is the point with such a market? A simulation? Something to study? Wasn't the point of having a market that it did something for the game, not the other way around? Wasn't the point that the market would enable players to make mutually beneficial deals to enhance their gameplay? To get more out of their gametime?

Now the market was used to scam people and the view is that it worked as intended. Promoting scamming is an intended feature.

That these people participating in these scams are "clever" and should be rewarded. I find this unbeliveable.

Then there is fuzzy part about the semantics of "change" and "remove". GGG must know that people interpret these words differently and you can't really expect people to know how you use them if you have not specified their use. You can't just downplay the relevance of Quarls leak. Also, due to the extreme cost of metamods, people were in a highly uneven position to test them out to begin with.

As developers you define the parameters of the market. It is not a easy thing to predict what comes out of those parameters, but you can't act as if you could not affect it. This time you chose to sanction behaviour that was bad for a big chunk of the playerbase. You should own up to this.

Clever scams based on privilidged info working as intended. Please reconsider your attitude.

Best comment in the entire thread. Nothing to add.
♠RaGoN♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info