Master Crafting Metamods

This situation has utterly ruined any confidence I ever had in GGG.
"
PoE: Experiments of human behavior disguised as an ARPG video game?

My suspicions have been confirmed!

So much yes. I think that explains my fascination reading all the map threads recently, and I suspect this will be like that but on steroids.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Everyone who's hating on this, is just upset and jelly that the ppl that discovered it got rich for being smart, and they are poor. Thats all there is to it. I myself find it very interesting and im looking forward to see how this affects the economy. Something i noticed is that since Exalteds are so much more expensive than before, things that were priced at lets say 5ex should now be worth 2.5ex but ppl are not lowering prices, that is the main problem i have found so far but i think it will change in the next weeks.
"
grepman wrote:

so to answer your question, why cant it have both ?

sorry, where did I post that question? Was that my question? News to me, think maybe you are struggling to understand my point. I dont think Chris will struggle with it though so no problem.

Most people wont have access to mirrored gear? Ya sure, I dont care about that, and not only because I have mirrored gear but from a purely ideological standpoint some things should be gated by knowledge, wealth and time investment, that is a core piece of a loot game. The question is how far this extends and where do systems that should be there for everyone and are a core part of playing the game disappear behind gates, does the resulting game function in a way it should for the player base at large.

dont really give a shit if you think thats a valid question, if you can grasp it or what u think should be put under a microscope to be quite honest.

This is all fine, even though "removing" mods is being a "change" of mods is not immediately clear to everyone.

But what about few people's ability to scan everyone's stashes for mirrors or any items and ability to find items on poe.trade before anyone else does? You think this is fine too? Because to me this is a major flaw for the game and pretty disgusting to keep playing.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

so to answer your question, why cant it have both ?

sorry, where did I post that question? Was that my question? News to me, think maybe you are struggling to understand my point.

you said
"
Are you designing a game that is supposed to be fun with tools for players to play the game or are you designing a cut throat economy simulator?

and I said,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

they are not mutually exclusive.
"
Chris wrote:
(snip)The reactions in that thread surprised me, because not only have these mods been in the game for a year, but I've seen people using them publicly in these ways before.

(snip)

Please note that there is incentive for people to mislead others if they find a secret recipe or crafting trick.

(snip)

The reason for the currency exchange rate shift that people are discussing is that Exalted Orbs now have higher demand. This is normal.

(snip)

Additional uses for all currency items will continue to be added over time in future patches. We're not going to rush them in to try to keep the exchange rates fixed at some specific place though.

If I am allowed to ask:

1. Who did you see using these methods "publicly" before, and where? (as in "private streams aren't public. internal tests aren't public. guilds in close contact with devs aren't public.")

2. ...Incentive to mislead? I don't even...

3. Keeping exalts as the plaything of just a few select, "invested" players isn't a way to reward hardwork, but a way to alienate pretty much 99% of your entire playerbase. If you feel that Exalts stand in a good spot at the moment, and that the supply/demand mechanisms are working as intended, then you are either crazy or promoting RMT.
"
Entropher wrote:
This is all fine, even though "removing" mods is being a "change" of mods is not immediately clear to everyone.

But what about few people's ability to scan everyone's stashes for mirrors or any items and ability to find items on poe.trade before anyone else does? You think this is fine too? Because to me this is a major flaw for the game and pretty disgusting to keep playing.
your stash shoudlnt be accessible to people, and if it is, its a privacy breach.

the 'ability to find items on poe.trade' is not really true. GGG exposes an API to crawl its forums. anyone can crawl the forums. its free for all. poe.trade is just the most-used engine.
so really, in this regards, the solution is as always, binary. you either do not expose API to harry dick and joe, and keep it in house OR expose it to everyone.
"
Dawmz wrote:
"

You wont find and sell items for + exalt.With this new crafting, the rich ppl will craft and sell, they will get richer you wont.Thats it if you are not hardcore poe gamer/streamer and you cant spend moer then 12 hr a day farming.Otherwise yes you might do it.

... which was exactly the case pre 2.0 with 0.01% of the population able to massively use eternals+ex to craft 6 T1 items. Did you care that much ? Did it impact you that much ? Does it matter ?

https://youtu.be/3CNmrUMS5FQ?t=5s
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on Aug 21, 2015, 1:54:37 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Please note that there is incentive for people to mislead others if they find a secret recipe or crafting trick.

So it's ok to be respected and straight up lie to people on these forums and reddit to protect a money making secret.

Makes me wonder if there is an incentive for GGG to have their own shady RMT site.
Legacy items are BS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info