Master Crafting Metamods

"
Fhark wrote:
Even though i belief ggg have handled this badly there are pluses, you can get a build capable of up to endgame content much cheaper eg +3bow staff and crafting in general has recieved a boost, a new league should be interesting when it finally rolls round.

Until the difficulty is adjusted to compensate. AKA power creep.
This game is funny

People should not even play this game with all the gms keeping secrets players scamming everyone and getting rich off shit no one else knew about

Is this maplestory 2005? seems like it Kappa
"
Chris wrote:
There are secret recipes - one that generates a Regal Orb was only added to the wiki today, despite being in the game for years and also known by many people.

Hehehe.

And I will find that exalt recipe, mark my words...
I think the most disgusting thing about all of this is that GGG helped spread misinformation about the metamods working "as intended" so that the richest players able to experiment and lose hundreds of hours worth of currency could exploit it and profit.
I think it's awesome that new clever tricks are being found. Obviously nobody wanted to drop the currency to "science" the master mods because it was 2 eternals before. Misinformation from a rich player didn't help either.

I'm just sad I sold my bow with cold res when I could've scoured that off safely and made it another 50 base dps at least...would've doubled its value!

This post wasn't necessary for me but I get ya Chris, you had to do it to calm the rage. Still the best game company out there.
to quote one of the songs off one of my favorite albums of all time

with so much drama in poe...
you know its drama but it sounds real good
you know its drama but it sounds real good
you knew the game but you still ended up on your back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVPmKWvvdP8

anyhow, I understand WHY there is a big fuss over the mod, however I still cant believe that majority of people chooses to focus on the '1% knew' part. people who do that are either extremely naive or didnt know the game enough

lets review all the facts available to us:

1. GGG is on record as saying they wont reveal all the recipes in the game
2. there is a PRECEDENT with the GCP recipe which had a big, not super huge, but big impact on economy. in this precedent the situation was pretty much similar to this situation
3. in any economy of real life, people will look to make more money than the other. it's capitalism. the rich get richer. an investor who makes a million will get even richer with right investments. that's with REGULATED economy and inside trading laws. an economy that allows collusion, price fixing, monopoly, etc. people are GREEDY.

this leads to conclusion that if people expected an unregulated economy to be carebear and not a ruthless meatgrinder (no pun), they should face the reality. if a person who is set to make money, finds a goldmine in their backyard, they wont yell to their neighbors that they have gold/oil under their property, but will rather buy them out for cheap to get all those resources and get richer.

chris is absolutely correct that when people cry about a broken economy, all it means that your expectations of how it should work diverts from how it actually works.

what I find most amusing that out of a slew of people who comment only a few want to discuss the implications of the 'new' mods and how they affect rares and the act of dropping a good rare. and how this mod crafting is, at least on paper, almost as dangerous as eternals

majority of people, even those who claimed they don't do economy, are acting indignant over the 'mod' kept secret.
Last edited by grepman on Aug 21, 2015, 12:00:03 AM
Yeah im not happy, im taking a big break.
IGN: Ziggro
"
pneuma wrote:

There's a difference between experimentation and downright backwards logic. There's also a difference between trying something without a penalty for failure and something with a penalty large enough to set you back many hours of gameplay. Imagine if it took actually selling things to determine vendor recipes instead of looking at what the NPC offers for trade. That's what this is.

historically, games that incorporated trial and error (and what you're describing IS trial/error), always had downside to 'error'. otherwise you can just brute force everything with no repercussion. wheres the fun in that ?

vendor recipes have an elegant 'solution' of recipe precedence so you cant simply write a bot that would brute force thousands of combinations of inventory full of junk.
Dreadful position for you to get yourself into GGG

1 - your idea of an economy sucks for 99.9999999% of people. Really it does
2 - you code secret game defining stuff and don't tell anybody about it. Dumbest thing I've ever seen from a game developer
3 - you leak said secret game defining stuff to a couple guys and go ahead and don't tell everyone

This is all tied to the ridiculous drop rates for EX. These things should drop like Alcs. I've been playing 3000 hours and seen 5 drop. I should have gotten 600 at least. I'm dead serious.

If you don't significantly buff EX drop rates or seriously change things, and I do mean in the next week, this game is going to be dead.

And that would make me sad. Everyone I know is thoroughly pissed.
Last edited by jaredh on Aug 21, 2015, 12:21:35 AM
Nicely explained Chris.. as always.
Standard: Shiverlyss, Lythyssa, Solaris, Goldorak, Clash, Cleavage, Sunflow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info