Did GGG lie about crafting ?

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
So it's clear. It's just Ventor that lied to keep others from finding out.

HELLO????? It's not just ventor that said this. I've counted more than 10 different players saying the same thing. Either all 10 of them are in some coordinated cahoots or something else might've been wrong. There's still a chance that scours and meta mods actually didn't work pre 2.0.
"
voodoojin wrote:
This "ggg-lied" thing is kindergarten.

All that has to be looked after is, that these guys used selfmade trawler-software checking inventories, chat and whatnot of players for mirrors.

Thats equal to a bot,maphack or whatever.

Also it has to be seen if there was third-party website interactions.(orbs being sold to shady websites)

About qarls post: he definetly not LIED , he maybe didnt know better, therefore deleted his post.
so please focus on the important things here.

A lie of omission is still a lie. GGG has to come out with correct information like this when it involves a major part of the game i.e. crafting. It's one thing to hide a vendor recipe it's quite another to hide a major game mechanic. Qarl corrected Ventor with the correct information, and then ten minutes later back tracked. That is extremely sketchy.
Last edited by CaptainKirk on Aug 20, 2015, 6:29:27 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

well it was a simple yes/no on something they do know, if it was changed or not. the rest of the hot air who cares, the only thing that matters in terms of GGGs involvement can be solved by saying this

Sure if you trust them on that (I do). I don't really see why there'd be any point to doubt that from the start then. If they (or someone else) were lying nothing would really stop them from doing it again.

From what I've seen this whole thing has just been word against word and a lot of baseless speculation. Can't exactly make much of any of this unless you're willing to make a tiebreaking judgement yourself.

What Chris said is what would make the most sense of the situation. Honestly though judging GGG as a company for this incident would be wrongheaded no matter the what the conclusion might have been. They've shown their stuff on countless occasions before and continue to do so. If that's not enough then nothing ever will be.
You think companies actually tell the whole truth to their customers?

Ignorance is bliss.

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry for the interruption to this thread. Chris has made a Development Manifesto post about this. Please continue the discussion there so it's all taking place in one thread!

Please feel free to PM me if you have any concerns about the closure of this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info