All GGG's credibility down to toilet...

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
This isn't a vendor recipe. This is a change of game mechanics. The implications of this change are huge, as evidenced by how powerful it is. It's the new eternal.

Vendor recipe are a change to game mechanic aswell and players has never been forced to reveal them when they discovered them.

According to crafters who posted on reddit, in 1.3, if you used a scour on the "cannot change prefix/suffix" meta mods, it removed ALL mods - it turned the item white. Now, in 2.0, that changed, a scour no longer removes "cannot change prefix/suffix" anymore. Despite scours saying it removes 'ALL' mods. That isn't a "new recipe" it's a change to the way scours and those 2 mods works.

Entirely different than adding a new vendor recipe in 2.0 that didn't even exist in 1.3.

i don't think their claims are right. ghudda himself posted on reddit that he didn't try scourings with "affix doesn't change" master crafts.

and i understand chris' post on reddit in a way that this crafting method is in the game since the forsaken masters xpac release.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
According to crafters who posted on reddit, in 1.3, if you used a scour on the "cannot change prefix/suffix" meta mods, it removed ALL mods - it turned the item white. Now, in 2.0, that changed, a scour no longer removes "cannot change prefix/suffix" anymore. Despite scours saying it removes 'ALL' mods. That isn't a "new recipe" it's a change to the way scours and those 2 mods works.

Entirely different than adding a new vendor recipe in 2.0 that didn't even exist in 1.3.

GGG stated they want players to discover some mechanics.

As we discovered slowly all the ways to abuse vaaled items they found a way to abuse mastercrafted items.

Yes this is a new change no it doesn't mean it has to be revealed.
Part of the game by GGG's vision is to let player win it's including the economy part.
Those guys won.

Imagine if the vendor recipe for chaos was released tommorow for example and had to be discovered by someone ? That would be the same importance than this thing in game mechanics change and economy impact.

Hf :)
"
vio wrote:
i don't think their claims are right. ghudda himself posted on reddit that he didn't try scourings with "affix doesn't change" master crafts.

and i understand chris' post on reddit in a way that this crafting method is in the game since the forsaken masters xpac release.

Ventor said he DID try scours, and it removed all mods (turned the item white).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Heli0nix wrote:
"

GGG stated they want players to discover some mechanics.

As we discovered slowly all the ways to abuse vaaled items they found a way to abuse mastercrafted items.

Yes this is a new change no it doesn't mean it has to be revealed.
Part of the game by GGG's vision is to let player win it's including the economy part.
Those guys won.

Imagine if the vendor recipe for chaos was released tommorow for example and had to be discovered by someone ? That would be the same importance than this thing in game mechanics change and economy impact.

This isn't discovering a new mechanic. This is an old mechanic that existed since masters were introduced, then changed to work entirely differently in 2.0.

It's like reduced mana (for lack of a better example). In 1.3, it worked with auras and heralds. In 2.0, it doesn't. Did they wait for players to "discover" this mechanics change? No, of course not, they announced this major change to mechanics well before 2.0 launched.

Last edited by Druga1757 on Aug 20, 2015, 11:13:33 AM
"
changed to work entirely differently in 2.0

You said it. Entirely => new mechanic.

I have nothing against you be sure of that and i'm not trying to destroy any of your argues just defend and explaining the fact that having to discover again and again is not a so bad thing.

I can even accept now that it has been revealed why master are so long to level when few days ago i was really pissed off about these xp changes :)

Hf :)
I do agree that this should have been in the patch-notes.

Since the beginning of time... or well since scourings exist. They turn blue or rare items into white items with no mods. Now all of a sudden this changed and this is not something you would easily notify.

There seems to be the claim that someone claimed that Scourings do remove those mods and a Dev corrected him and these posts got deleted later, limiting the information to a few people, everything else about people speaking in Teamspeak etc. is very vague and just hearsay, this post seems to be read by at least some people which makes it likely it existed, since it got mentioned a few times.

But that is not really the point. They did something similar with Armorer-Scraps and Quality on armor, which reduced the values of most armors, but that was easy to spot and they actually later explained what they changed and noticed that they should have put it in the notes. Now there is a similar scenario, which is a bit more drastic, since it actually give a major benefit. And why should you expect scourings to work different all of a sudden, so if you tested it in 1.3 why should you test it again? Should you test all orbs for every patch since they might change? Even if they would have just mentioned that the mechanics of scourings changed people might have gotten the hint and tried out several things. But not mentioning anything seems a bit fishy.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
changed to work entirely differently in 2.0

You said it. Entirely => new mechanic.

I have nothing against you be sure of that and i'm not trying to destroy any of your argues just defend and explaining the fact that having to discover again and again is not a so bad thing.

I can even accept now that it has been revealed why master are so long to level when few days ago i was really pissed off about these xp changes :)

They announced those xp changes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1304441
"
Missions now award slightly less reputation and favour. This change is larger for higher-level missions. The 1.3.0 patch made master levelling too easy.

They ALSO announced all the other master craft changes and didn't "wait" for players to discover them:
"
Master-crafted Mods:
Many of the lower-tier Master-crafted mods have been made more affordable.
Many of the highest-tier Master-crafted mods have been made more expensive.
Added Increased Spell Damage as a crafting option for daggers at Catarina.
Added new mods for Increased Spell Damage for Staves at Catarina
Haku's All Attributes mod for gloves now requires a higher master level.
Master mods are now consistent with the changes to other mods (such as leech).
Catarina can now craft Added Damage for Spells on a range of weapons.
Crafting meta-mods that were priced in Eternal Orbs have been re-priced.
Zana's Onslaught map device mod now requires that she is level 4.
You can now try Bloodlines and Torment through Zana's map device once she has reached levels 2 and 5 respectively.

Last edited by Druga1757 on Aug 20, 2015, 11:22:47 AM
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

did he? you mean this post.

he didn't say he tried!
"
vio wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

did he? you mean this post.

he didn't say he tried!

Are you serious!? LOL, that would explain why GGG removed their post. If it worked this way the entire time, that's an entirely different issue (1.3 > 2.0). Wow.

"
Druga1757 wrote:

Are you serious!? LOL, that would explain why GGG removed their post. If it worked this way the entire time, that's an entirely different issue (1.3 > 2.0). Wow.

i think this has been in the game since the fm-release. chris posted on a q&a that there are undiscovered mechanics.

and as i posted, i think quarl deleted his post because revealing hidden mechanics by denying false claims is the wrong thing to do it. he just discovered this after posting which is naturally bad as it opens room for alot of claims.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info