[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

Going to run this for the five week. Non HC though.

When do you think its viable to start using LA?
What skill do people recommend for levling? :)
"
BergErs wrote:

As soon as you can?

I've been working on a Voltaxic character in the one month and started using LA as soon as I got it, although I had a Tabula from another character, so that helped with damage (mana/life management was a pain for a while, though).

I hit a wall with leveling while in the 40s or so. I think the op said he used Storm Cloud into Merciless, but the damage on that begins to really suck far before Merciless. Switch to a rare elemental bow when that happens. Then Voltaxic at level 64 and all is good in the world... Except if it's your only character you won't have the currency to buy Voltaxic for quite a while, so I guess you have to grab a cheap rare bow and hope for the best.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 24, 2015, 3:15:17 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
BergErs wrote:

As soon as you can?

I've been working on a Voltaxic character in the one month and started using LA as soon as I got it, although I had a Tabula from another character, so that helped with damage (mana/life management was a pain for a while, though).

I hit a wall with leveling while in the 40s or so. I think the op said he used Storm Cloud into Merciless, but the damage on that begins to really suck far before Merciless. Switch to a rare elemental bow when that happens. Then Voltaxic at level 64 and all is good in the world... Except if it's your only character you won't have the currency to buy Voltaxic for quite a while, so I guess you have to grab a cheap rare bow and hope for the best.

Kk
Well ill be playing day1 of the five week. I doubt ill have currency for a Voltaxic on 64 or have found one (64 will be like late day1, early day2 iirc). Probably also quite limited amount on market first days :p
I hope to have one around lvl80.
"
Tempada wrote:
"
BergErs wrote:

As soon as you can?

It can be done with Storm Cloud, I actually farmed Dried Lake on Tabula and Storm Cloud this 1MSC while getting currency for Voltaxic. You have to skip some packs tough (no Necros, tanky packs, etc). Still would recommend trying to level in a group as much as possible. We bought a Doomfletch very early into the League and that + Aurabot = fast Merciless.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Tempada wrote:

I hit a wall with leveling while in the 40s or so. I think the op said he used Storm Cloud into Merciless, but the damage on that begins to really suck far before Merciless. Switch to a rare elemental bow when that happens.

I've compared DPS from Stormcloud with bow 225 eDPS and 1.55 aps and stormcloud was better (in my setup, cause high APS). BUT, you need gear with good flat elemental damage for use that bow. And maybe Added Lightning Gem in tabula.

also u can try to use Wake of Destruction boots ;)
Last edited by ad1ce on Oct 25, 2015, 5:17:30 AM
"
ad1ce wrote:

also u can try to use Wake of Destruction boots ;)

Alberon's Warpath will be better choice due to 20% movespeed and extra str (HP).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Chance to flee and life on kill are not to be neglected while leveling.
Chaos damage will scale less than ele damage. It's marginal though.
The Increased str will account for 20 flat life point at most.

I'd say it's a tie between these two pair of boots. Move speed is the main pro for Alberon (and it's a major one).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Oct 25, 2015, 7:07:37 AM
yep, Alberon's Warpath also good choice )
Last edited by ad1ce on Oct 25, 2015, 6:43:32 PM
Single target DPS with Frenzy is a bit disappointing atm (5L: Frenzy + FA + WED + ICD + BM).

What would be the optimal setup for TS in this build, considering 5L with blood magic?
I mean, apart from [TS + BM + LMP], which two out of these would work better: WED, ICD, PPAD, P2L(20%)?
Last edited by ovogancho on Oct 27, 2015, 1:09:32 AM
WED and ICD or Faster Attack. The two others scale physical damage so they will perform very poorly with Voltaxic.

You should also use GMP instead of LMP, unless the life cost increase is a problem.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info