[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

if you dont have the hungry abyss, what is the other option? life on hit gem? and in that case what would you sacrifice in 5L / 6L
Iron Reflexes would work with this build? I got around 4,5k-4,8k hp and 8k evasion atm and its sometimes hard to stay alive when something big hit me:)

ps.

And what about vaal pact? Aply leech instantly seems good i think?
Last edited by Farin on Nov 26, 2015, 11:27:09 AM
"
Farin wrote:
Iron Reflexes would work with this build? I got around 4,5k-4,8k hp and 8k evasion atm and its sometimes hard to stay alive when something big hit me:)

ps.

And what about vaal pact? Aply leech instantly seems good i think?

IR - bad choice. I think u will die faster with it ;) 4k-6k armor is nothing. Pay attention to the armor mechanic http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

if u want to absorb 30% damage from damage 3k - u need at least 15k armor ;D so I think if u have less then 10-15k armor its absolutely useless.

Vaal pact = no life regen. So u will take 4% of max life damage per second from BloodRage. 10 seconds = -40% life. Do u rly want it?
Last edited by ad1ce on Nov 27, 2015, 8:01:34 AM
why your passives has mana / reduce mana reserved node when you are using blood magic gem?
Always wanted to play with Voltaxic, and RNGesus granted me one during Warbands. Still i started following this thread only recently, and im trying to adjust it to SC. Also, I'm really thankful for your build, it's refreshing after cycloning the shit out of everything for hours.

Spoiler

I found Surgebinders in my stash, and decided to try them, they seem to give a lot of Edmg, and drawback is not that noticable. Still, this character is only 67, so not everything is as I want it to be, especialy the HP, only 4L LCoil and overall defences( I doubt I'll get Taste of Hate, I'm really not big on trading in poe).
Last edited by Ramirose on Nov 28, 2015, 10:17:46 PM
"
khroness wrote:
why your passives has mana / reduce mana reserved node when you are using blood magic gem?

He is reserving all of his mana on three auras (wrath, Herald of thunder and Herald of ice) by taking those reduced mana and mana reserve he can take all three. The Blood gem only works on the skills its connected to.

I only use life to cast my skills but my auras are all on mana. I use atziris promise and hungry abyss to leech back life plus what ever is on my gear etc. Plus taste of hate is freaking nice to have as well.

OpenAllHours
from what i see all his skills are connected to blood magic.. he is using 4 aura, (wrath (50%), HoI (25%), HoT (25%) and Artic Armor (25%)) so total is around 125% mana.. not sure if his reduce mana reserved 12% node able to handle all 4?
"
khroness wrote:
from what i see all his skills are connected to blood magic.. he is using 4 aura, (wrath (50%), HoI (25%), HoT (25%) and Artic Armor (25%)) so total is around 125% mana.. not sure if his reduce mana reserved 12% node able to handle all 4?

It is enough with Alpha's Howl.
"
khroness wrote:

125%*(1 - 0.12 from passives - 0.08 from howl) = 125% * 0.8 = 100% ;)

p.s. btw next league I will play with non-critical version of voltaxic build with totally different tree. Already tested it on standard and result was great! Maybe average dps is slightly lower than in crit version but it has much more survivability and more damage to the really big pack of mobs :) Anyway I really like it! And I will share it when I've got lvl 100 or RIP ;D

Last edited by ad1ce on Dec 2, 2015, 11:41:09 AM
Will you update the guide when subclasses will be presented? A lot of people will be lost (me included) when they will change the tree+ it can happen that build will no longer be viable after the changes to mobs...so would love to know before we spend points in new version:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info