[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Dr_Mikey_Esq wrote:
I just got this by dumb luck in the 1 Month. Do you think it would work well for this build?

17% chaos damage is practically unnoticeable. Essentially equal to 17% increased lightning damage on a ring. The life leech is pointless since you're reflect immune anyways but I mean has life and armor.

Does the life leech not synergise well with Hungry Abyss?

But anyways the point I was making was that I think added chaos dmg is a good choice with cherrubims but I could be wrong. It seems to be quicker clearing speeds but I suppose that can always be a confirmation bias.
Last edited by Dr_Mikey_Esq on Oct 20, 2015, 5:57:22 AM
"
Dr_Mikey_Esq wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Dr_Mikey_Esq wrote:
I just got this by dumb luck in the 1 Month. Do you think it would work well for this build?

17% chaos damage is practically unnoticeable. Essentially equal to 17% increased lightning damage on a ring. The life leech is pointless since you're reflect immune anyways but I mean has life and armor.

Does the life leech not synergise well with Hungry Abyss?

But anyways the point I was making was that I think added chaos dmg is a good choice with cherrubims but I could be wrong. It seems to be quicker clearing speeds but I suppose that can always be a confirmation bias.

Actually you are correct about leech, I assumed most people would not be using the 5 corrupted setup but I'm not sure how useful 100% increased leech rate is on paper or in actual game.

My point is that 17% chaos damage is a very minor affix and a 6 linked rare chest would have more life, more evasion and potentially 100+ resistances if you were going for optimal but otherwise its a decent chestpiece if you don't have one.

Basically:
2200 evasion
109 life
45 fire
45 cold
45 lightning

vs:
800 armor
1000 evasion
20% chaos damage
90 life
100% leech
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

Actually you are correct about leech, I assumed most people would not be using the 5 corrupted setup but I'm not sure how useful 100% increased leech rate is on paper or in actual game.

This chest essentially gives you +100% life leech (which dont work with Vaal Pact).
Let's say you had 1.2% life leech from Blood Rage and 0.4% from Blood Drinker. With this chest, your life leech will essentially be not 1.6%, but 3.2%.

Personally, i find it easiler to get some extra Life leech mods on gear, if i need it, rather than wasting chest slot for it.
With one exception - there is a spectacular chest piece, named Daresso's Defiance. It provides a lot of useful stats, both offensive and defensive - and life leech is one of them. I highly recommend it for Volaxic too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

This chest essentially gives you +100% life leech (which dont work with Vaal Pact).
Let's say you had 1.2% life leech from Blood Rage and 0.4% from Blood Drinker. With this chest, your life leech will essentially be not 1.6%, but 3.2%

Cherrubim increases your Life Leech Rate, not your Life Leech. That means you get the same amount of life, but twice as fast (or 30% faster in legacy version).

That's why Cherrubim is a decent choice to pair with Hungry Abyss - like a poor man's Acuity. Lighning Coil and/or Acuity are still better (and way more expensive) options, though.

I've also tested both Snakebite and legacy Thunderfist and results are bad. I might try Snakebite again now it's been announced that poison will be stackable, but having 6 or 7 frenzy charges means 60/70% reduced duration, which is REALLY annoying.
"
Nephalim wrote:

My point is that 17% chaos damage is a very minor affix and a 6 linked rare chest would have more life, more evasion and potentially 100+ resistances if you were going for optimal but otherwise its a decent chestpiece if you don't have one.

Basically:
2200 evasion
109 life
45 fire
45 cold
45 lightning

vs:
800 armor
1000 evasion
20% chaos damage
90 life
100% leech

Yeah, I'm using Hungry Abyss. The 5 corrupted setup is/was a huge pain in the ass to get situated as I ended up bricking some really good rings, boots and amulets and losing an exalt or two in doing so, I'm playing the 1 month so currency is a little tight but I think I've made it work for now.

Spoiler
Last edited by Dr_Mikey_Esq on Oct 20, 2015, 5:58:30 PM
"
ovogancho wrote:

Cherrubim increases your Life Leech Rate, not your Life Leech. That means you get the same amount of life, but twice as fast (or 30% faster in legacy version).

First - "Increased life leech rate" reduces life leech duration NO MORE in 2.0. It still increases life leech gained per hit instance, of course.
Second - life leech cap in 2.0 remains unchanged with "Increased life leech rate". You still leech no more than 20% HP per second. You just leech more per hit and reach leech cap with less number of hits. Latter hardly matters for Voltaxis, with its attack speed and number of hits. So, essentially, "+100% increased life leech rate" with 1.6% life leech will be equal of getting 3.2% life leech.

Ofc any Voltaxis build MUST use Hungry Abyss. There's absolutely ZERO reasons not to do so.

Snakebite essentially gives the same stats as rare gloves with good evasion base and 4 mods:
Life
Attack Speed
Accuracy
%Evasion

And poison, which is quite negligible ATM.

But rare gloves dont have any drawbacks, give full bonuses at any time, and can have up to +2 extra mods (for example, also +lightning damage and resist).

Thunderfist's stats are even worse.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 21, 2015, 5:42:12 AM
So I'm confused about something in the original build... It uses Immortal Call, but I don't see anything in the setup that generates endurance charges. What's going on there?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
It is still useful to prevent spike damage from leapers, porcupine shards, etc.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
It is still useful to prevent spike damage from leapers, porcupine shards, etc.

You get brief physical invulnerability even if you don't have any endurance charges? And now I know.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Oct 22, 2015, 6:30:21 PM
Yes, IC has a base duration of 0.4s which is increased by the consumed charges. And the base 0.4s can also be extended to a good 0.6-0.7s with increased duration, which is a very welcomed protection against a pack of croaking chimerals leaping on you.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Oct 22, 2015, 6:33:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info