[2.0] KuteKitteh's Insanely Tanky Incinerate V2 - AA/MoM/LC/Armor, safe & easy mapping!

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Spoiler
You wanted us to rave if the build was good for us.

Here I go : I'm not yet very high level. I respecced fully a 63 fireball witch that I had given up several months ago ; she was my first character, self built and she was not only dealing ridiculous DPS -in the sense of the monsters saying "oh my god, did you actually try to hurt me ? LOL !" but she was also fragile (I was stuck at the beginning of merciless act 3). Yes, I achieved quite a success with her.

So my newly respecced and fully reequipped 63 witch has not died once since, gained four levels and has facetanked Corrupted Piety* in cruel, Dominus in Cruel, Piety in Merciless, several unique bosses of corrupted maps that I usually have to skit, retreat from or simply flee from with my other characters. And all that with 8 passives not yet spent. And the immortal call CWDT is not functionnal yet (lazy me has not bought CWDT yet). One potion from time to time is all that is needed.

*I facetanked several times the bloody ray of death that makes normal characters run in circles.

And stuff around me dies. All the time. Can't wait to end act 4 to map. I'll probably map before that in fact, as I can already go in maps 4 levels beyond mine easily.

I think the Ruined village map will be the test Ihope to pass : the bird boss has been a nightmare everytime I've tried him. In Zana maps that were actually lower level versions of the real map.

Wish I had the currency for a LC in warbands or Tempest... Damn !

Three points :

1. Tempest shield IS cool. I had never used it before, I love its gorgeous looks.

2. I followed your advice on high level CWDT with flame golem (that I already loved) and Molten shell. I would in fact advise against Flame golem with this support. I prefer to cast it manually (it does not die that often as it stays in the distance) and take another gem. I was thinking a high level Flame totem could be a cool DPS source and a lure for monsters (if short lived).

3. I think your build has one major flaw : how am I supposed to improve my skills if my character is so strong that I do not need to pay that much attention anymore ?

My gear, very close to what you advise (Lioneye's remorse is coming at level 70 !) :
Glad you're having fun! As for your points:

2. I had updated the main post to include both self-cast and CWDT flame golem. I may or may not employ a two-golem setup (e.g. Flame Golem self-cast, Chaos Golem on CWDT), but the self cast + CWDT setup is working great for me. They die very, very fast in end-game maps; sometimes, I'll dive face-first into a massive pack and have my high-level CWDT go off multiple times before the golem's cooldown can even refresh, and some bosses (crematorium, torture chamber) will shred your golems faster than the cooldown can refresh, hence why I'm leaning towards a two-golem setup right now.

I believe totems can't be triggered by CWDT anymore.

3. I run maps that really stress-test the build and strain my skills. Dual bosses (dual torture chamber is super fun!), no-regen maps, reflect maps, and especially those lovely beyond maps push the limits of my abilities. And some bosses, e.g. the Academy boss, take some very, very good flasking and dodging skills.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 12, 2015, 2:09:06 PM
Hey,

I have a question, not build related. What would be "safest/cheapest" way to get BBBRG on Lightning Coil Desert Brigandine? Vorici is level 5 and "at least two blue socket" is only option available to me. Should I go that way? Sorry for OT. Thanks in advance.
Hey man,

First of all, very much appreciate the time and effort you put into this. I just had one question, do you have any advice for leveling? Like skills and such and when to transition to incinerate? Or is this build only possible once youre high enough for the chest piece? thanks a ton!
"
nula wrote:
Hey,

I have a question, not build related. What would be "safest/cheapest" way to get BBBRG on Lightning Coil Desert Brigandine? Vorici is level 5 and "at least two blue socket" is only option available to me. Should I go that way? Sorry for OT. Thanks in advance.
For any hybrid that I need to roll 3 off colors, I use the "at least 2 X sockets" option. I recall seeing somewhere that the "at least 1 X option" is slightly better, but I'm not sure.

If you really want to go for the 3 off colors, be prepared to burn a couple hundred chromes. It hasn't taken me more than 100 per piece, but RNG is RNG.

"
repairman1988 wrote:
Hey man,

First of all, very much appreciate the time and effort you put into this. I just had one question, do you have any advice for leveling? Like skills and such and when to transition to incinerate? Or is this build only possible once youre high enough for the chest piece? thanks a ton!
Leveling with this build is very, very fast, and you can just start building without worrying about any "transitioning" to do - just be mindful of when you take MoM, since taking it too early will leave you constantly oom.

Cloak of Flame 4-link is very cheap, you can equip it from the start, and it'll carry you all the way to maps. You can use incinerate as soon as possible (it has a beastly early game), but if you don't have an elreon ring, be prepared to guzzle mana flasks by the bucketfuls.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Kitteh I've been a fan of your builds in the past, using your Arc witch back in Beyond to incredible success. I was happy to see that you've posted a new tank for 2.0, so thank you for your effort involved over the year.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on a few concerns of mine as we play through this new league. I'm a Tempest player, so survivability while doing hard shit is always my top priority. I chose to focus on incinerate scion which attempts to cap block/spell block with MoM and so on (you know the drill). Despite this, there are things that absolutely terrify me in high level maps especially with the mods that I have to roll in order to reasonably sustain my map pool. A lot of your videos show the tankiness of a legacy coil and deep mana pool in action, but that damage ramp for 77+ maps is actually insane.

How do you think your build will compare in the deep end game? Will it dissolve under Daresso's blades before you have a chance to react? Will the lack of significant physical resistance hinder your ability to kill bosses of later maps? Have you tried them?

My current incinerator has 66 block/45 spell block (ish?) with about 5k hp and 2k ES (MoM/EB/Ghost Reaver). My build however lacks any kind of CoF or LC (too expensive) so I'm not gaining those benefits. So I'm curious to know if the perceived survivability that I have stacked in my build is actually inferior to yours, or vice versa?

Thanks for your thoughts!
"
magnus962 wrote:
Kitteh I've been a fan of your builds in the past, using your Arc witch back in Beyond to incredible success. I was happy to see that you've posted a new tank for 2.0, so thank you for your effort involved over the year.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on a few concerns of mine as we play through this new league. I'm a Tempest player, so survivability while doing hard shit is always my top priority. I chose to focus on incinerate scion which attempts to cap block/spell block with MoM and so on (you know the drill). Despite this, there are things that absolutely terrify me in high level maps especially with the mods that I have to roll in order to reasonably sustain my map pool. A lot of your videos show the tankiness of a legacy coil and deep mana pool in action, but that damage ramp for 77+ maps is actually insane.

How do you think your build will compare in the deep end game? Will it dissolve under Daresso's blades before you have a chance to react? Will the lack of significant physical resistance hinder your ability to kill bosses of later maps? Have you tried them?

My current incinerator has 66 block/45 spell block (ish?) with about 5k hp and 2k ES (MoM/EB/Ghost Reaver). My build however lacks any kind of CoF or LC (too expensive) so I'm not gaining those benefits. So I'm curious to know if the perceived survivability that I have stacked in my build is actually inferior to yours, or vice versa?

Thanks for your thoughts!
If you can't get your hands on a LC or CoF, stick with your current build. Frankly, that Block-MoM-EB-GR build is as good as you can get without a coil (even after the block jewel nerf smacked it hard in the face), except for the CI-ZO regen tank. It's a pity coils are so darn expensive in tempest.

I've been really trying to get my hands on high-tier maps, so I've been running crazy mods on 77s and 78s and doing every boss. Today, a 79 dropped for the first time so I recorded it.

I dropped a soultaker during the run ^_^ but that's besides the point. I'll add it to the videos section once it finishes uploading.
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 13, 2015, 11:11:17 AM
hi i have a question. I´m lvl 83 and have a tooltip dps from 7,5k

This is my equipt

Can you tell me where i lose the 5k dps to your 13k ?
Yes i know my rings are not good ( i started today after 10 month break) and i have at the moment no jewels and im only lvl 83. But is this the only reason for only 7,5k tooltip dps ? Or is there a big mistake in my build ?
Thy for your help
"
DBB2003 wrote:
Spoiler
hi i have a question. I´m lvl 83 and have a tooltip dps from 7,5k

This is my equipt

Can you tell me where i lose the 5k dps to your 13k ?
Yes i know my rings are not good ( i started today after 10 month break) and i have at the moment no jewels and im only lvl 83. But is this the only reason for only 7,5k tooltip dps ? Or is there a big mistake in my build ?
Thy for your help
Well
1. I'm using faster casting instead of faster projectiles because of the colors on my chest. That's about +3-4k DPS.
2. I have some pretty decent jewels.

My tooltip DPS is 9k when I unequip my jewels, take off Faster Casting, deactivate flame golem, and take off blood rage. I'm guessing the remaining difference is in the tree - you probably took fewer damage nodes.
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 13, 2015, 4:17:31 PM
thx for your fast help :)
I just noticed the old guide was retired, was following that one for 2 weeks. What are the main differences between the old one and this new one? More/less damage, more/less survivability, etc? So far I've noticed this new one is much more expensive to gear for, even the "budget" version with a 5L cloak of flame is nowhere near affordable for most casual players (2ex). Regretting the entire Marauder area of points, as well as switching tons of gear (especially a 5L lightning coil at 5-6ex, that's nowhere near affordable) is not cheap so if the differences are minor I think I'll just stay with the old build.
Last edited by melodia1 on Aug 14, 2015, 11:53:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info