[2.1] Caustic Arrow MF Guide 340+ IIR/45+ IIQ [HC/SC Viable]

Thanks for an awesome build. Happened to RIP on a corpse explosion with my cyclone fb and wanted to try out something new. I'm having alot of fun with this build, yet to enter Cruel but i'm sure it'll be as fun as normal is :)

Highly detailed and alot of suggestions on items.

Works quite well in HC!

Lifting mate, as always, great build, is there any specific reason you went Scion for this one?
Also, why not go Phase Acro?

Also I wanna thank you for all the awesome builds you gave us, I think your guides are among the best (if not the best) written guides out there. So simple, tidy and easy to understand, and yet incredibly informative.

I tried your Beginners DFT Witch, it was AMAZING, and it got me all the way to lvl 73, but then I ripped on a "detonates dead" strongbox cause I got lazy and didn't ID the box T__T when the corpses started exploding, my heart almost gave up on me rofl

Anyways, thank you, and keep up the great work!!
hi. this looks like a cool build i'm willing to try out but i have one question. you say to use evasion based gear but in your final setup you say that BGRRBG is the ideal setup for a chest piece. isn't that really hard to get on an evasion chest? even more because you use a 4L and a 2L so the colors need to be at the right place also.
"
Lifting mate, as always, great build, is there any specific reason you went Scion for this one?

Also I wanna thank you for all the awesome builds you gave us, I think your guides are among the best (if not the best) written guides out there. So simple, tidy and easy to understand, and yet incredibly informative.

I tried your Beginners DFT Witch, it was AMAZING, and it got me all the way to lvl 73, but then I ripped on a "detonates dead" strongbox cause I got lazy and didn't ID the box T__T when the corpses started exploding, my heart almost gave up on me rofl

Same thing happened to me, but I did identify the chest, though I did not expect to die from the explosions, silly me haha
"
KMHoel wrote:
Thanks for an awesome build. Happened to RIP on a corpse explosion with my cyclone fb and wanted to try out something new. I'm having alot of fun with this build, yet to enter Cruel but i'm sure it'll be as fun as normal is :)

Highly detailed and alot of suggestions on items.

Works quite well in HC!

Glad you like it man. Best of luck =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"

Hey mate!

Scion is in my opinion the best choice as she leaves you with more jewel sockets. Besides that you get access to shaper which is going to significantly heal with sustaining both blood rage and poison arrow =)

Sorry about the rip bro! :D

Thanks for the kind feedback =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hi sorry for asking a newb question, where to mf with just sadima and 120mf and lvl 82? It's so hard to get those mf uniques...
Hi Lifthing, thanks for the guide.

With Jewels, are "X%increased damage over time" and "x%increased damage" any good?

Also, regarding the jewel info in your video, what does 'degen' stand for?

Thank you

Great guide! Loving my MF character.

My Gear
Spoiler

Not sure how to link jewels. But that have a +10 chaos dmg/area and a +6-7% increased life mod on each. They cost ~3 c each.

I'm at 219 IR / 24 IQ. If anyone has a comments is this good. What should I try to increase and how much more loot I would gain.
I think with both flame totem/item rarity and flask do help. The flask is a pain to activate since it heals you so fast. It's good to use when you lose 10% of health so you get the whole 5 seconds.

I ran this build up to level 80 with a +2 bow, no empower, and only 5800 chaos dmg. Then I had a +3 bow drop in a level 70 map and I five linked it with 30 fuses. Then I vaal a Empower 2 and got a level 3. The +3 bow and empower increased the chaos dmg from 6500 to to 11000 dps. With 6 frenzy charges, my dps goes up 13500 dps.

I can clear maps up to 74 fairly easily and fast. I will try some level 75 maps soon.

The cost of my gear and jewels total about 35 chaos orb. My self-found +3 bow is worth 5ex and empower+3 is worth about 2-3 ex. The flask I paid 1ex for it. Just hang in there... you will get a +3 bow eventually or valuable drop to help buy the expensive items :)

So how much currency have I made from MF? I got tons of rare drops. Doing the 2chaos and 2regal recipe, I was able to get 80 chaos and 12 regals from the unidentified recipe this weekend. I don't have numbers for currency drops or sales I made for good drops. Items for regal recipe require running level 73+ maps.

Most of my drops are junk unique or rares but found a few valuable items. The Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves are worth 4ex; got an offer for 3ex that I turned down already. The Infernal Mantle appears to be a perfect roll. I five linked it with 30 fuses. Got lucky. And got a few valuable maps and jewels to sell.

In short, this a fun and powerful build for solo MF. It does bring in more stuff for the chaos/regal recipes and more uniques. I'm at 219 IR / 24 IQ. My HP is 4500. Dps is 13500 with 6 frenzy. If there are any cheap ways to increase my dps or stats, please me know.

Last edited by Breanne on Aug 17, 2015, 11:32:57 PM
Had a few questions for you on using this build:

I'm struggling to understand how to use poison arrow to max your dps when playing this build. It is likely a mechanical problem (i.e. where I'm aiming the arrows, am I trying to herd them into large groups etc). How do you deal with enemies with high speed (e.g. exiles) or proximity shields? I really struggled against some mobs in Warbands as they moved around too much to be taking damage from clouds.

Also: what flasks (aside from Divine Distillate) do you normally run?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info