[2.1] Caustic Arrow MF Guide 340+ IIR/45+ IIQ [HC/SC Viable]

"
vampwar wrote:
"
gotischer wrote:
I have a few questions for the experienced Scion-Rangers:

1. Where is the video guide mention is the original post?

2. What bow is preferable for low, mid, and high levels?

3. What bow is good to level up in general?

4. What is a good set up of gems to have on Tabula Rasa just for leveling up purposes (Until 60+-), say perhaps with Rain of Arrows or Lightning Arrows.

1) The videoguide can be found on youtube under the name poison arrow in his youtube channel. In an earlier page, he mentioned that it's not included anymore in the page because it's not updated.

2 and 3) there's 2 choices here. One is to use flame totem either with tabula, or with a red socket night's hold, the level 10 added chaos socket makes it extreely powerful until your 40's, some say 50's. I tried the tabula, and when i found out about night's hold i was already level 50 so I couldn't test it out anymore.

The other option is to level as bows. I leveled both with flame totem and bows, fuck flame totem, even with a tabula rasa. What I did was use split for crowds, and caustic for single target. I bought a cheap craghead quiver, and a quill rain for level 6. At level 14, I switched to a 60+ dps bow, got it for 1 chaos beginning of league so it should be cheap now, that's 50% more damage. At 23, I switched to a 125dps bow, then at 38 I switched for a 215dps decurve bow. Split arrow cleared everything in the screen in 1 or 2 casts, CA did well against single targets due to the 25% physical damage converted to poison.

As for links, I had CA, SA, PPAD, slower projectile, added fire (scales off physical, which itself is buffed by the "more" bonus, then itself is being buffed from the "more" bonus again), and Faster attack/chain. I used chain for levels clearing, faster attack for bosses, switching. It cleared everything extremely easily until around level 60. Then, I switched to CA, leeched a few docks/lake runs, damage started becoming good enough to solo lake at reasonable speeds around 67. Oh, I also kept a crap 25% physical damage talisman, that heped a lot, and 2 iron rings with +damage on them.

I bought all my bows in advance so I wouldn't waste time at every step as well, and leveled with a hatred aura, since it scales off physical. I made it to merciless act 4 around 15 hours played, which is a new record for me, so I think it went great.

I also saved the bows on a separate tab with other leveling gear, that way future toons will level easier and faster.

Thanks for the reply! Super helpful 5/5 !
Though it seems to me acrobatics is skipable for non HC.
Also why is the build going after frenzy charges when the crit chance is pathetic....
"
Polymorpher wrote:
Though it seems to me acrobatics is skipable for non HC.
Also why is the build going after frenzy charges when the crit chance is pathetic....
Frenzy, bro, not Power charges. Power charges are crit-related, Frenzy ones just increase damage and attack speed (and evasion if you have the skill node).
NWM
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
Last edited by ment2008 on Jan 7, 2016, 10:28:05 PM
Please update the video guide for this. :(
"
2talt wrote:
Please update the video guide for this. :(

+1. A list of gear would be nice too (weapon, chest piece, quiver, etc.)
I'm leveling this build currently. I'm looking to get around 70 this weekend.

What flasks should I be rolling?
I was thinking:
Seething Divine of staunching
Bubbling Diving of heat
Divination
ample/perptual jade of reflexes
ample/Perpetual quicksilver of adrenaline

I picked this up for real cheap. I'll add IAS to it.

I have:
Perandus belt
aurseize gloves
andvarius ring
working on getting goldwyrm
I'm thinking a 4l carcass jack?

Any comments would be great.
IGN: dwreckedarc
Last edited by dwrecked on Jan 21, 2016, 2:33:58 AM
Hey guys! Have newbi question about this build. On that lvl i am need to switch on Caustic arrow? And that the gem i need to use before it for lvl-ing?
And why in this build you dont take node +40% from DoT?
Thanks!
Hello and thanks for a really great build , i just wanted to know about what jewels are recommended i do understand jewels with DOT , chaos dmg, irr, life and such , please if possible .
Jewel:
increased maximum Life
increased Damage over Time
increased Projectile Damage
increased Chaos Damage
increased Damage
increased Area Damage

Elemental Resistances
Last edited by Phillip_pirrup on Feb 22, 2016, 5:04:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type