Increased Duration

Currently this skill increases the cost of raise zombie/spectre.

I understand those skills do have a (infinite) duration, but it does complicate things for example when you want to buff skeleton duration and it also needs to share minion life/dmg with zombies or spectres in a 4-6L item for example.
"
Asmosis wrote:

I understand those skills do have a (infinite) duration, but it does complicate things for example when you want to buff skeleton duration and it also needs to share minion life/dmg with zombies or spectres in a 4-6L item for example.
It's nothing to do with an infinite duration. It shouldn't increase the cost of raise zombie at all (and doesn't for me), but raised spectres can have durations depending on what they are, so should be (and are) supported by this gem. Spectral goatman shamans will have longer duration molten shells with this support, for example.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:

It's nothing to do with an infinite duration. It shouldn't increase the cost of raise zombie at all (and doesn't for me), but raised spectres can have durations depending on what they are, so should be (and are) supported by this gem. Spectral goatman shamans will have longer duration molten shells with this support, for example.

While goatman shamans would get longer molten shell durations, I don't think that functionality alone is worth allowing this support gem to support raise zombie or raise spectres.

I can't even think of a single other mob that this would have an effect on, is it JUST for the goatman shamans?
It should affect the mobs with the frenzy group buff in the second act as well but I don´t think their are more than those two - at least I can´t think of anoter one.
Still, in the future their will probably be more of those mobs so I hope that the gem keeps working with spectre since maybe someone will find a use for it.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:

While goatman shamans would get longer molten shell durations, I don't think that functionality alone is worth allowing this support gem to support raise zombie or raise spectres.

I can't even think of a single other mob that this would have an effect on, is it JUST for the goatman shamans?
Any monsters with skills involving durations. There are a lot of these coming.

Raise Spectre can benefit from increased duration, because spectres can use durations. We're not going to take away an interesting support option from the skill when it intuitively should work. If you don't want to increase the cost of your spectres, avoid linking them with gems you don't want to support them with.
sorry yes i made a mistake about the zombie thing, I thought duration just applied to the spell itself rather than the result of the spell (minion). It did open my eyes to all the other support possibilities though!

I still dont use duration on spectres, but can certainly see times when i would want to use it. May even get to the point i keep a few support gems in my inventory to switch in/out depending on what mobs are spawning.
Probably not, but Increased Duration only works on the skill you use it with, not any effects added later on, like Stun time, Burning time etc?

Just to confirm this once and for all.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Yes, this only modifies the durations of the skill itself, basically any numbers for time in the skill description itself will be modified.
Does this skill increase the duration and therefore overall damage of firestorm ?
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
Last edited by karaknic on Jul 22, 2012, 2:12:26 AM
"
karaknic wrote:
Does this skill increase the duration and therefore overall damage of firestorm ?
yes, ANYTHING that has a duriation (not status effects) will be increased in duriation if it has a duriation already listed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info