Increased Duration

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2016, 3:26:35 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Asmosis wrote:
Currently this skill increases the cost of raise zombie/spectre.

I understand those skills do have a (infinite) duration, but it does complicate things for example when you want to buff skeleton duration and it also needs to share minion life/dmg with zombies or spectres in a 4-6L item for example.
It's nothing to do with an infinite duration. It shouldn't increase the cost of raise zombie at all (and doesn't for me), but raised spectres can have durations depending on what they are, so should be (and are) supported by this gem. Spectral goatman shamans will have longer duration molten shells with this support, for example.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:
Currently this skill increases the cost of raise zombie/spectre.

I understand those skills do have a (infinite) duration, but it does complicate things for example when you want to buff skeleton duration and it also needs to share minion life/dmg with zombies or spectres in a 4-6L item for example.
It's nothing to do with an infinite duration. It shouldn't increase the cost of raise zombie at all (and doesn't for me), but raised spectres can have durations depending on what they are, so should be (and are) supported by this gem. Spectral goatman shamans will have longer duration molten shells with this support, for example.

While goatman shamans would get longer molten shell durations, I don't think that functionality alone is worth allowing this support gem to support raise zombie or raise spectres.

I can't even think of a single other mob that this would have an effect on, is it JUST for the goatman shamans?
Any monsters with skills involving durations. There are a lot of these coming.

Raise Spectre can benefit from increased duration, because spectres can use durations. We're not going to take away an interesting support option from the skill when it intuitively should work. If you don't want to increase the cost of your spectres, avoid linking them with gems you don't want to support them with.
"
kungfooe wrote:
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but the increased duration doesn't seem to effect the duration of enduring cry charges. With the skill gem linked or not, they only seem to last for 10 seconds.

As a note, I also posted this in the enduring cry skill gem section.
This is intended. The duration of charges on you is part of your stats (and you can get passives which modify those stats). The enduring cry skill can't set the duration of charges based on the skill, it just says 'you get a charge'. duration of charges is never part of the skill, it's set by your stats whenever something tells you to get a charge.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
now if it was slightly modified to increase the agro time, that would be kinda valuable. (hint at devs please, i know it sorta already increase due to recharge a patch ago)
There's no such thing as aggro time for it to increase.
"
slyme wrote:
This gem does not work with frost wall. I believe it should (is meant to) based on the in game wording. (and it does say duration in frost wall skill description)
Repeating for anyone in this thread who might read this, increased duration is correctly working with frost wall. It does increase the duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info