Concentrate Area of Effect

Am I the only one that levels up the gem but is not getting increases in DPS sometimes? Only some levels seem to grant more DPS. Strange.

Right now I'm using it with Cyclone, in case it helps.
Timezone: GMT (+2:00) RST
"When you are in a map, find a Zana, go inside her mission and then you have to complete a mission for another Master and you feel like Leo DiCaprio on Inception"
"
So as of 1.0.2 does the ignite damage from explosive arrow also count as area damage? While we're at it does the ignite count as projectile damage like poison arrow?

Good question... I'm running Concentrated effect with Explosive arrow (and other supports) and I'm wondering if the increase in damage will affect the primary target hit.
Stormcalling 24/7.
I am curious as to why Poison arrow is not buffed by this gem. Or if this is not intention.
"
Ebo wrote:
I am curious as to why Poison arrow is not buffed by this gem. Or if this is not intention.

It does work.
Does concentrated effect work on the elemental proliferation radius?

I think it does, but looking for confirmation.(I hope it does not ofc^^)

Positive AOE increases ele prof, but not 100% sure.

However, the reason why the -30% AOE is not that of a big deal is because of the additive nature.

If you have already +50% AOE(=150%) and it gets lowered to +20(=120%) the relative decrease is smaller.
Last edited by ExiledRenor on May 4, 2014, 4:41:51 PM
Of course it does. It's an AoE like any other.
"
MiguelKP wrote:
Am I the only one that levels up the gem but is not getting increases in DPS sometimes? Only some levels seem to grant more DPS. Strange.

Right now I'm using it with Cyclone, in case it helps.

Just noticed this, I leveled this gem from lvl18 to lvl19 (I was checking how much 1% will rise total dps) but dps in tool tip didn't changed at all. Still, lvl1 and (now) lvl19 gem have a big difference in dps tool tip.
Does anyone know if Conc Effect affects the burn damage to something that has been ignited from something that's an aoe, like flameblast or fireball? And I don't mean just the initial hit since that's already obvious but the actual burn as well, thus making it double-dip?
I recently learned that projectile damage double-dips with burn if the original damage source was from a projectile and I don't really see how this would be different.

I skimmed through this thread quickly but couldn't find a definite answer.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"
keyarchan wrote:
Does anyone know if Conc Effect affects the burn damage to something that has been ignited from something that's an aoe, like flameblast or fireball? And I don't mean just the initial hit since that's already obvious but the actual burn as well, thus making it double-dip?
I recently learned that projectile damage double-dips with burn if the original damage source was from a projectile and I don't really see how this would be different.

You kind of answered your own question, assuming you know how ignite works. Ignite does "20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second" Since the initial hit is more powerful, the ignite too is more powerful.

I assume that's what you meant.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
keyarchan wrote:

Nope, it does no double-dibs, because ignite is no AoE (so AoE damage doesnt apply to it). Only fire/elemental damage bonuses make double-dibs for ignite, as well as resistance reduction from curses/EE (fire penetration does no double-dib either).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info