Concentrate Area of Effect

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The stat description has been updated to make it clear that it's applied to the radius, and bring it in line with other describers for that stat.

But not applied to the realm yet right as it sill uses the Area wording in tooltip and MISC tab.

I ve tried using it on Shock Nova and quickly took it out again. Regardless of how it actually interacts with SNova's range-scaling damage (potentially weird, I hope it doesn't cut off the high dam portion), this thing working on Radius makes Nova turn into miniminimininova. I couldn't really do reliable damage to anything anymore.
1: Does this support gem work for single target attacks?

2: Has anyone tested how it works with cleave? Is it worth using, or does the area become too small?
1: It does not, they have no area of effect.

2: I've wanted to but never got the gem. I imagine it would make it more of a single-target attack until you got some additional AoE to counteract this gem.
Did anyone else suddenly get the urge to create a super-AoE cleave witch just for how hilarious it would look?

Edit: Hmmm... Sweep and the words "weapon nova" come to mind.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Jan 13, 2012, 1:22:29 PM
Doh. Apparently the animation for cleave and sweep stay the same even with excessive amounts of AoE increases. The affected area seems to go up properly though... it starts to look like you are knocking things over with the wind from your swing, which is also pretty cool, I guess.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Did anyone else suddenly get the urge to create a super-AoE cleave witch just for how hilarious it would look?

Edit: Hmmm... Sweep and the words "weapon nova" come to mind.

"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Doh. Apparently the animation for cleave and sweep stay the same even with excessive amounts of AoE increases. The affected area seems to go up properly though... it starts to look like you are knocking things over with the wind from your swing, which is also pretty cool, I guess.

I think i'm missing something. Aren't you talking about Increased Area of Effect? This is the Concentrate Area of Effect thread.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Yeah, I know. It's just easy to cancel (and then some) with an Increased AoE support, so it set me thinking about changing the area of cleave and what it might look like.
"
Koalachan wrote:
I ve tried using it on Shock Nova and quickly took it out again. Regardless of how it actually interacts with SNova's range-scaling damage (potentially weird, I hope it doesn't cut off the high dam portion), this thing working on Radius makes Nova turn into miniminimininova. I couldn't really do reliable damage to anything anymore.

Definately agree, using Concentrate Area of Effect with Shock Nova gave me horrible results. Visually its very tough to gague positioning and the increased mana cost was not worth the hassle.

Love this support on Fireball, in a Multiple Projectile/ Pierce combo.
Didn't know fireball had an aoe aspect that makes concentrated effect work for it.

Is this the same for ice spear?
"
glavius wrote:
Is this the same for ice spear?
No, Ice Spear does no AoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info