Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.0] 0-1 mana cost Aegis Aurora Incinerate WIP

Hello your build is amazing im now level 76

I will upgrade everything as ASAP, colouring the chest cost me 1200 chroms
im using anger HOT,HOI for now because I'm tanky enough for low level blue maps
I'm also using blood rage for frenzy charges and II think it's a good idea
I will keep you guys updated

Edited I need like 10 cold ress and I will switch to Atziri step I really hate rabinbowstride not sure if im ever gonna use it
Last edited by 666callme on Aug 30, 2015, 2:02:16 PM
"
666callme wrote:

Edited I need like 10 cold ress and I will switch to Atziri step I really hate rabinbowstride not sure if im ever gonna use it

And you will make your setup worse.
Spellblock from Rainbowstrides stacks with Lazhwar's, while spell dodge doesn't stack with anything as you have no other spell dodge source, so it is really inefficient.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
lot of stuff
Spoiler

"
Wow, your post pretty much deserves its own guide thread. Thanks for posting all these setups, looks really good.

I really like your multiple setups and using Assasin mark for flasks sounds nice. Gotta test that heh. Sounds almost too good :)

Keep us updated both of you. I'm really intrested in your setup(s).

Thank you for the kind words.
I have planed this build out back in Beta when i saw the final passive tree and the final brutal damage increase of mobs in 2.0.

I wanted to create a build which is as efficiant as possible in maping, regardless of cost. So i tried to design a build which can do every map mod and all combinations while beeing extremly tanky - even for group play.
High versatility comes with high costs, but it is absolutly worth it.

The CoH-Assassins Mark setup only works well for high HP bosses (Atziri, Daresso, Kaom, Voll, Vaal and even Uber Atziri, but i don't have done her yet) - otherwise it isn't worth it because everything in less than 10sec (2x flask uses). You can use it to keep up flask through whole maps but i prefer enfeeble over it fo extra safty.

Tempest Shield - Chain - CoH - [Curse] is a very strong setup to use; i would really consider it for you HC character.

Maybe i do my own little guide in the future (if you don't mind), when i have reached level 95 and have aquired a little bit more optimal gear for making a showcase video :)

I dont mind at all if you decide to post your own guide. I mean you posted lots of stuff and I dont "own" this build if that makes sense :D Actually I'm just glad if I see more Aegis/incinerate builds so I can also make mine better.

"
Druft wrote:
Spoiler
What's the reasoning for not running alphas howl?

The downside of getting no life and no es(which would be minimal in any case) seems fairly small compared to the upsides.

- High base evasion and upgraded grace/determination
- Run Shock flask instead of freezing flask
- Able to easily fit Arctic armor with grace/determination

Seems like a fairly strong choice for this build.
Should be able to get enough resists with well rolled elreon rings and jewels.

Alphas can be nice. Need to take some reduced mana and use higher enlighten but not bad idea at all. Would need to make actual tree to use it. You also lose some life but it could work nice.

"
Spoiler
Wanted to post a guide on my Aegis Incinerator, but then found this thread and half or your tree is pretty much exactly the same as mine, so I decided not to bother ;)

Idea about bringing Incin to 1-0 cost is really good, so much dps from an additional gem instead of BM.

What I did differently is that I use Determ + AA + Herald, no IR.

AA adds WAY more survivability than Grace. Reason is very simple - you chill all dangerous enemies and map bosses, so they become super slow and easy to deal with.

Devourers? They pretty much always pop up in your chill traill, and can't even land a shot before they die. Chilling effect of AA is just amazing.

I found that 30k armour I get with Granite was more than enough to deal with any phys damage so far. And this is using a really bad 6L with almost no armour, if I get one with 1900+ it should bump armour to 50+k flasked. Not as much as with IR but enough.

ANd Aegis is super OP ;) I was able to kill Necropolis merveil in 77 map being lvl 76, when EVERYONE else bailed out (all 80-90 lvl chars) not even trying to kill the boss.

Yeah its not MUST to run IR+Grace. You also save 3 passives if you dont take IR. Might do that myself too but I really want to get better gear first so I have more non-flasked armour than what I would have now if I dropped IR.

Lately have been thinking switching to hybrid ar/ev + es chest with high eva/ar and atleast 500 es. Those are not very easy to find with good life roll.

Could also craft elreon rings and put 20% ES there if using hybrid chest. That way I could hit 2k es which would be pretty awesome.

So far doing maps like this with not much problems http://i.imgur.com/5FvYel1.jpg I do switch to chaos dagger + life leech gem in map like that. Monsters usually have less chaos res than fire res so playing with leech gem feels so good in no regen/reflect maps.

666callme:

Glad you like it. But yeah if you ever planning to use Aegis Aurora, you want to use rainbows for spell block(you dont gain ES on spell dodge).

Not much updates lately. Still using same gear and took Harrier last lvl. Dont think its that good tho, will propably take jewel slot between marauder and duelist instead.
"
How exactly do you run Grace+Det+AA? That is 125% mana reserve. You have 4% reduced aura reservation on entire tree. So it is impossible with the tree that you posted. You don't even have them linked to Enlighten.

His Enlighten will eventually replace the RF. In order to run 125%, you need to run Conquerer's Efficiency, Alpha's Howl, 4% from the tree, and use a level 3 enlighten slotted into a +1 to all gems. Which his rainbowstrides have. IIRC this hits 96-98% reservation, but is hella expensive for regular players to do. A level 3 enlighten alone is already 4-5ex on tempest, then getting a 4L +1 that has good resists and life/armour/eva is just ridiculously hard on temp leagues.

On the other hand, great build. Started doing 77-79s at level 75 :)
aegis opop

IR is genius. I get 1200 armour from LC alone. Pity I had to sell it to be able to afford an Aegis, but so worth it. Did 5 20 exile tempest runs today, and if I didn't have an aegis, 100% I would have ripped. 3 exiles at once is not pretty, for any build, but this just shrugged it off.

I'm at 20k armour with unoptimized gear, so hoping to hit about 30k once I finish it up. Will be picking up a 3000 armour chest in a few days :)

Been using shitty links though, could use some advice on them...
Last edited by waslo on Aug 31, 2015, 3:42:26 AM
^ Nice looking there. What you mean by shit links? U mean gem sockets in gloves, boots etc?

I would get rid of Riposte. It's single target only. There are nice suggestions last page I believe.

Did bit of testing on Avenger's flasks(recharge when you TAKE critical strike). Works really good vs big packs :D Gonna roll these to use on beyond maps heh.

https://youtu.be/GBmBzGb22V0
Last edited by Kullevi on Aug 31, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
Spoiler
"
Kullevi wrote:
^ Nice looking there. What you mean by shit links? U mean gem sockets in gloves, boots etc?

I would get rid of Riposte. It's single target only. There are nice suggestions last page I believe.

Did bit of testing on Avenger's flasks(recharge when you TAKE critical strike). Works really good vs big packs :D Gonna roll these to use on beyond maps heh.

https://youtu.be/GBmBzGb22V0

Not terribly sure what to put in the boots. Enfeeble is nice, with CWDT lvl 1, but Molten Shell feels pretty useless except to give me a few hundred armour bonus, but it explodes almost as soon as it's casted. Immortal Call is nice to have, so I'll probably keep that around. Going to have to find somewhere to slot in an Enduring Cry.

Gloves are my priority for being upgraded - the helm is pretty much going to be my GG helm - 800 armour is good enough for me. THe boots will eventually be replaced by Rainbowstrides, and I'm temporarily upgrading my chest to a 2.5k eva chest to get a nice armour boost, at least until I can afford a Lightning Coil. I wish I didn't have to sell mine, but someone was selling an Aegis in Tempest for 12ex. How could I not buy it right away ;-;

Looking for 2% block gloves. Will eventually use one of these setups in them:

CWDT-GMP-Arctic Breath-Ball Lightning (Cybil's LGoH OPOP)
Enlighten (lv3) - Empower - Discipline - Grace
Tempest Shield - Chain - CoH - Enfeeble (If I don't run my current boot setup)

If I have an open slot, I'll probably grab a VMS. If you pop it in the middle of a mob, everything pretty much dies instantly, but I guess it would best be supported by inc duration. Might put it in a 3L with Tempest Shield + VMS + Inc Duration
Hello, nice build!

Any Thoughts on lightning coil to lower the dmg that you take or do you think it would be unnecessary?
"
Hello, nice build!

Any Thoughts on lightning coil to lower the dmg that you take or do you think it would be unnecessary?

I'm not OP, but I'm going to be running a Lightning Coil as soon as I can afford it. Unfortunately, LC + Aegis + Rainbowstride + decent 6L comes out to about 30-35ex, so it's a bit ridiculous for Tempest League.

However, for the same price, a Taste of Hate gives more physical reduction (albeit at a cost of being limited by a duration), since Aegis increases our maximum cold resistance. If you can afford a Lightning Coil, go for it. It gives pretty decent armour too, since IR converts the eva into AR.
"
Wanted to post a guide on my Aegis Incinerator, but then found this thread and half or your tree is pretty much exactly the same as mine, so I decided not to bother ;)

Idea about bringing Incin to 1-0 cost is really good, so much dps from an additional gem instead of BM.

What I did differently is that I use Determ + AA + Herald, no IR.

AA adds WAY more survivability than Grace. Reason is very simple - you chill all dangerous enemies and map bosses, so they become super slow and easy to deal with.

Devourers? They pretty much always pop up in your chill traill, and can't even land a shot before they die. Chilling effect of AA is just amazing.

I found that 30k armour I get with Granite was more than enough to deal with any phys damage so far. And this is using a really bad 6L with almost no armour, if I get one with 1900+ it should bump armour to 50+k flasked. Not as much as with IR but enough.

ANd Aegis is super OP ;) I was able to kill Necropolis merveil in 77 map being lvl 76, when EVERYONE else bailed out (all 80-90 lvl chars) not even trying to kill the boss.

Wiesl_1404

How exactly do you run Grace+Det+AA? That is 125% mana reserve. You have 4% reduced aura reservation on entire tree. So it is impossible with the tree that you posted. You don't even have them linked to Enlighten.

Hey,

Grace+Det+AA is possible if you have the following setup:
- 4% reduced mana reserved from tree
- 2% reduced mana reserved from Conquerors Efficiancy jewel
- lvl 5 Enlighten (only achievable with a corrupted level 4 enlighten in a +1 to gems item)

It is very expensive an only really worth it if you want to run multiple damage mods in 78+ maps. Don't have a level 4 enlighten yet, RF is just for leveling purposes in there.
As you say Arctic Armour is so strong that it is worth putting the high effort running it (5 passives points + 1 jewel socket + lvl 4 enlighten + +1 to gems item)

I don't feel any Herald is worth running with Incinerate. The flat damage boost get's reduced to 30% which is almost nothing - you may have little higher tooltip displayed but you don't notice any increase of clearspeed; 25% mana reservation can be used more efficiantly

Regarding the comments about Alphas Howl: it truly is a very strong item, but it is not necessary for the build and there are better rare options. the +2 to aura gems arn't that big of a deal with Grace (for offensive auras like Anger it would be for sure). 8% reduced mana reserved safe you passive points which you can invest in more life (but you can also get a rare helm with life for the same effect). A rare helm provides you more elemental resist, strength and is a source for chaos resist. Chaos resist is very noticable in high level maps is i can tell. CNBF and avoidance to chill are nice stats but a single flask solves that issue.
TLDR: If you run Anger, Alpha Howl is worth it, if you don't: get a good rare helmet

@Kullevi
I like your idea of using Avengers prefix for flasks on this build. I also thought about using it but never tested it in game - only did some calculations.

There would be one way Avengers flask would be pretty OP in this build but it is very hard to get to that point:
- get at least 6 jewel slots for rare jewels
- use rare jewels with the corruption: X% additional chance to recieve a critical strike

Theoretically every third hit will give you 3 flask charges, which will result perma flasks when you face tank a pack of mobs.
With the combination of Enfeeble + Unyielding armour passive you will nearly completly negate the extra damage taken of the incoming critical strikes.

This is a lot of effort taken for perma flasks and it is not worth it at this current point since Surgeons prefix exists. CoH + Assasins Mark does exactly the same job (but only when needed!) against high HP targets while not beeing cluncky and easier to establish.
Guys, any thoughts on chancing your own Aegis Aurora shield?
Because right now ppl are asking 18ex for one :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info