[2.0] 0-1 mana cost Aegis Aurora Incinerate WIP

have u checked if using added lighting or cold or chaos instead of iron will provide more dps?
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
"
Xanin wrote:
have u checked if using added lighting or cold or chaos instead of iron will provide more dps?

This will screw up your mana cost and then you won't be at 0-cost incinerate, which is the whole point of this build.
ah thx for the info, im still gathering gear
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
Just a simple gear post and my thoughts on the build. Note that this character is in standard, and accordingly has access to much better gear due to the standard economy and my wealth in perm leagues.

Tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4A7gSzBS0GOQguCTMLYQz3Dc0UIBUgGY4ZtBo-G60czh7fIWAi4imlKk0rUCzpLYMtqC5TL8wx-zWSPC09Dz3iPfw_J0CgQzFHfkfiSO5KyE9WUEdRYFhjWlJfP2VNZ5to8m6qdO108XXLeK55OXrve8N9dX7ig1-DzITZhrOMz41-m1ibXaIAqJqplayvrj6vbK-nsz-18rc-t9a74702voC-p768wGbAv8GCxFjEosT2xq7NmNE202_Tfti92sHbWeIs5FHp1epi7YPvDu968B_yl_MG9kj2o_uq_gr-VP66?accountName=bluegray&characterName=TANKBOT_II

7 more levels to go, take all life nodes.

Gear:

Spoiler

Flasks:

Spoiler

Jewels:

4x 1% shield block, 7% life, -5 reduced mana cost. You can view them under the character TANKBOT_II in my profile.

Links: Incinerate, Echo, FC, Iron Will, LMP, Empower 4/Life Leech.

Choice of weapon:

I prefer Consuming Dark for general mapping due to two reasons:

1) low chaos resist on most mobs, makes killing ele resist rares a lot easier, makes killing casters like necros a lot easier too.

2) ability to drop Fire Pen (140%) multiplier for Empower (125%) or Life Leech (130%). This allows me to spec out of one 4% reduced mana node for a life node.

Situations where I would prefer Cybil's:

Crematorium boss. Palace Dom. Apex and Abyss bosses. Note that Chaos damage cannot be reflected, which makes Consuming a slightly safer choice if you play like me and end up hitting mirror first before realising the error.

Cybil's shines in situations where incoming burst damage is enough to make a serious dent into your HP bulb. While flasking like a madman, Cybil's helps to refill it somewhat.

Choice of auras:

Grace + IR, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning.

Grace is self explanatory. On a temp league where you don't have access to a legacy Aegis, you need to run Grace + Determination to keep your AR high enough for Aegis to be effective.

On standard, however, you can run dual purities with a level 5 enlighten. The budget option here is Enlighten 4 + Vertex, which I currently run. The next logical upgrade is +1 Rambostrides and a decent life/chaos res/ES/AR hat.

Mitigation of weaknesses:

The weaknesses of Aegis, as mentioned previously, are degen stuff like Corrupting Blood and Chaos attacks, and very hard hitting oneshots like slams and Volatile Blood.

Corrupting Blood is dealt with via a Ruby Flask of Staunching. It becomes 2nd nature to pop it before every fight, especially if you spot a blue pack or rare. Pre-emptive flasking will save your bacon.

You need chaos resistance, no questions asked. I have 90 chaos resist total from my gear and it's significantly less rippy than before. This is not really a luxury upgrade like it was in 1.3. You need to get some of it, somewhere, which makes gearing pricey. Until then, run an Amethyst Flask or Atziri's Promise.

Slams should always be dodged manually via WB.

Volatile Blood is the real reason why I run dual purities. With 79/80/79 resist due to Aegis + 2x Purities (and +1 max res Lazhwar on swap for high added ele dmg maps), the damage due to popping a VB rare is lessened by 20% under normal circumstances. Note that VB scales insanely high with added ele dmg - you should never attempt to facetank any rare from a triple ele dmg rolled map without checking its mods.
Last edited by bluegray on Sep 22, 2015, 7:18:31 PM
Well, I checked up on something, and for another 5 passives put into mana reservation and an Alpha's howl, and you can run Arctic armour on top of it all, for another 13% phys reduction, as well as deal with reflect, and become tankier against Atziri. The question is just if the HP loss from the helmet will be too much.
possible to make a progressive skill tree? like level 20 - 60 - 80 please

My optimization for this build. Changed the pathing to save a few points here and there.

186% life
5 jewel sockets
+40 all resist
44% increased EV
96% increased EV/AR
64% increased AR

Use armor helmet and gloves. Really tanky. Remove some armor evasion node if you want more DPS.

/removed

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 5, 2015, 12:17:41 PM
Just wanna ask can this build go on uber? It's really strong though, halfway through this build... I think is posssible but did anyone tried?
is this gg or do u really need life on ur chest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info