Sweep

"
sanddemon wrote:
attack speed doesnt seem to speed it up
Does for me. +9999% attack speed gives me 111.1 attacks per second on the character screen and makes me sweep fast enough that you can't even see the staff move, the monsters just fall over.
"
sanddemon wrote:
Knockback is clearly not working right..
I can't find anything wrong with the knockback, it's definitely working for me at about as often as I'd expect from the chance.
I'll try and make a video of it in fraps to show you but it just doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it possible that maybe stun overides/cancels it?

edit: Hmm, I am noticing it more now that I guess I'm looking specifically for it. I guess it just isn't as drastic as I thought it should be. Sometimes nothing happens (assuming the 70%), something they get moved away from me (the 30%) and then sometimes they move the wrong direction (like perpendicular or even sometimes towards me). Doesn't help that I have 85% hit chance and there's that "dead zone" behind me. It's a real small distance though (packing 7% quality gem). I guess if I went down the passive line or maybe added the knockback gem I'd notice it more? (does knockback stack or is it separate chances?)

And I noticed today that if I swapped to a faster weapon, I did notice a change in speed but glove IAS still doesn't seem to. I was trying a 10%...hmm. I don't think I have any way to increase IAS right now to test it.
Last edited by sanddemon on Jan 8, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
I think perhaps you're expecting too much effect. The effect knocks back monsters by 4 units by default, which is minimum melee range, for reference. It's not supposed to make them fly across the screen, just knock them enough that they're probably not in range to swing.

Also, they might not be able to be knocked back the full distance or at all if there's something in the way.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Also, they might not be able to be knocked back the full distance or at all if there's something in the way.

Do other monsters count? If that's the case, then that is exactly why because I always pool big swarms of them.
"
sanddemon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Do other monsters count? If that's the case, then that is exactly why because I always pool big swarms of them.
Yes, if they're right up close.
Now that makes a whole lot of sense then why I'm not seeing it a lot.

Shouldn't they push others out of the way? If I get knocked back into someone, they're usually going back a little ;)
Thanks for the info regarding knock back and the ias increase, but that still doesn't solve the glaring problem of the fact that this move is outshined by cleave/ground slam in terms of dps.

Edit: OUTSHINED to the point that I won't even use it for it's intended utility, which I guess is the knocking back?
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Jan 9, 2012, 5:17:23 PM
Ground slam hits a 90-degree arc in front of the player. It's good for approaching monsters, but if the player is surrounded by monsters won't hit many of them. It has a high radius to make up for the small arc.

Cleave hits a 180 degree arc in front of the player, dealing half damage to all but the targeted monster. It's less useful for clearing out hordes, but quite good for hitting a strong monster at the same time as a couple of weaker ones.

Sweep hits a 300 degree arc in front of the player, hitting all monsters in range for full damage, at the same radius as cleave.

All these skills have different uses. Sweep has more damage penalty because in most cases it will hit significantly more monsters for full damage per attack.
That's what it SHOULD do.

But, if you read my post on my life as a melee, I noticed that because of the constant desync and the fact that monsters are always moving, the move misses in those extended areas a lot.

Which is why I think that if you want it to be this huge diameter of attack, that the radius of the move itself needs to be increased to account for monster movement and slight desync issues.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Jan 9, 2012, 5:48:50 PM
Damage output from Sweep makes it an impractical choice after Normal difficulty. Ground Slam kiting, or Ground Slam sprinkler style kills much faster and safer due to dodging projectiles as you kite. Not to mention the fact that often times you hit the ranged mobs while you kill the melee with Ground Slam. I guess what I'm getting at is that sweep is great fun during the first difficulty when everything drops from a couple hits but quickly loses its "oomph" when monster HP rises in the later difficulties and Sweep gets outpaced in bonus damage by Ground Slam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info