Caustic Arrow

It is "increased" on the monster's side, meaning it stacks with stuff like Shock. But all those "increased" together then multiply whatever damage you throw at that monster.

That said, Poison Arrow is still only usable in the first ~20 levels, and usually as a better burning arrow.
so sad just got reading all the info on "Poison Arrow". Wanted to do a build for the up coming one week race. Now I am sad... Oh well I guess I will try a to think of a different build.
"
Languidness wrote:
Are any more updates planned for bringing chaos degen damage in line? I don't think there's any denying that Poison Arrow is pretty damn lackluster now, even at absolute unreasonable maximum damage potential.

Would be a bit sad to see GGG just leave this one hanging after such promising updates.

Yeah, I hope some re-balancing is in the works for future patches, because they obviously put a lot of time and effort into the passive tree changes in their attempt to make chaos damage viable. Sadly, it seems their initial ~67% nerf to poison arrow's base damage was too much. It is hardly viable in map groups at the moment. Even if you get your poison cloud ticking for more than 1k a second, most other builds will be doing 5-10 times that.

The other major problem is chaos resistant mobs. I hope they introduce a passive or a curse that lowers chaos resistance because as is, any rare with life regeneration and chaos resistance is a pain to deal with.
Last edited by myrmician on Dec 26, 2013, 2:37:41 PM
I am currently testing this skill on my lvl 79 bow dualist that also has frenzy, puncture, and rain of arrows. Right now, I have the poison arrow linked to trap, remote mine, and point blank (all more damage modifiers that should increase the dot since it is an unspecific modifier - point blank presumably from the spot of the trap?). I have 36% projectile damage on my tree and another 36% damage over time from growth and decay. I have one shot some white mobs with this combination due to the actual projectile hit (which I am not trying to buff). However, the dot is extremely lackluster despite all the more modifiers that it is being linked to. I am not sure if the interaction is bugged or if the dot is so extremely lackluster that the damage is not even visible even when linked to 3 more modifiers. Seriously, I can't even see the damage on any mob even when watching and using no other ability.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
?
Edit: I read that Point Blank doesn't work because the AoE damage is not an attack (like explosive arrow) which is fine.

I am removing Point Blank to use concentrated effect; however, why is the damage still awful?
Last edited by Zindax on Dec 27, 2013, 12:21:04 PM
"
Zindax wrote:
I am currently testing this skill on my lvl 79 bow dualist that also has frenzy, puncture, and rain of arrows. Right now, I have the poison arrow linked to trap, remote mine, and point blank (all more damage modifiers that should increase the dot since it is an unspecific modifier - point blank presumably from the spot of the trap?). I have 36% projectile damage on my tree and another 36% damage over time from growth and decay. I have one shot some white mobs with this combination due to the actual projectile hit (which I am not trying to buff). However, the dot is extremely lackluster despite all the more modifiers that it is being linked to. I am not sure if the interaction is bugged or if the dot is so extremely lackluster that the damage is not even visible even when linked to 3 more modifiers. Seriously, I can't even see the damage on any mob even when watching and using no other ability.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
?
Edit: I read that Point Blank doesn't work because the AoE damage is not an attack (like explosive arrow) which is fine.

I am removing Point Blank to use concentrated effect; however, why is the damage still awful?

Why is the DoT awful? Because you're not even specced into it. OH WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT? You thought your poison arrow DoT could wreck things when you took something like...6 nodes that increase it's damage?

I agree poison arrow could use a slight buff or chaos damage in general just got some sort of penetration node, but testing things out and saying it does low damage when you're not even specced into it is fucking stupid. Let me just go test out Lvl 1 Flameblast on a pure physical melee build and tell everyone that it's shit.

-----
/on topic

I'm a poison arrow trapper spec, the tooltip DoT says around 1.5k damage with Lvl 16 poison arrow but concentrated effect is currently bugged for the tooltip so it should be around ~2.3k-2.5k DoT. It's good enough for killing things but I still feel that I'm a little weaker than most builds unfortunately, especially against chaos resist mobs.

"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Dec 27, 2013, 12:46:56 PM
Last edited by Zindax on Dec 27, 2013, 7:03:49 PM
It's pretty sad when rare mobs die faster than white mobs with chaos resistance. -_-

Also, what is the point of putting trap on Poison Arrow? Its just a trap build then rather than a poison arrow build. Other trapped skills can be far stronger.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
It's pretty sad when rare mobs die faster than white mobs with chaos resistance. -_-

Also, what is the point of putting trap on Poison Arrow? Its just a trap build then rather than a poison arrow build. Other trapped skills can be far stronger.

I decided not to use it anymore, but if you are going to make a strong poison cloud, knowing that they don't stack anyway encourages using a mechanism like a trap that fires one strong shot. There aren't many more multipliers in the game, so even if you aren't specced into traps, firing tons of arrow won't gas people harder. I figure why not use a trap. I never even intended for the damage to be that strong, just a compliment to a good puncture for a mob that doesn't have chaos resistance.

The point was that if the mob stands still it gets gassed, but if it runs it bleeds to death. The damage wasn't even noticable though, and apparently only having 72% increased damage to the cloud, according to Kenzorz makes me f'in stupid, and GGG is not interested in sensoring the vulgarity or insults.
"
Waves_blade wrote:

because traps and mines have a damage boost to make up for the cost of longer activation due to setup.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Waves_blade wrote:

because traps and mines have a damage boost to make up for the cost of longer activation due to setup.

It was a thematic question rather than an efficiency question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info