Caustic Arrow

"
Lichalfred wrote:
"
dspair wrote:
I like how there is always a guy without a single high level character defending an awful skill that no one uses.

+^ this. The hamster sort of guys cheering GGG mindlessly every time they spew another broken patch. It was usually up to Blizz, but now is the time GGG has to face their own fanboy army.

Lvl 77, got most of the projectile nodes, 1 aoe dmg node, +3 and a 5l and dps blows. Immediately respecced. Waste of time and money. When they finally make this skill good though, i'll immediately play it.

(For some reason I do love Poison Arrow)
"
Aside from Quill Rain, there's really no point here that doesn't apply to every other single spell in the game already.

Freezing Pulse lasts for less than one second. Poison Arrow remains for slightly longer than four seconds, and that's without Duration boosts, which you'd also want to use because it allows you to stack even more clouds vs. bosses.

Quill Rain indeed doesn't apply to Spells and it is a major factor in the crashtastic spam.

So that's two large differences between random Spell and Poison Arrow spam.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 15, 2013, 12:07:35 PM
Just tried out zoomy GMP Poison Arrow. It did not cause my computer to melt down into the crust of the earth. In fact, the Rain environmental effect does more to kill my FPS by far.

I'm so disappointed.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Dec 15, 2013, 9:42:19 PM
lol wait... you WANT to be lagged up by skill effects?
That was some old-time pvp tactic to crash opponents computer by Quill rain PA+GMP+LMP+FA spam
Last edited by Lichalfred on Dec 17, 2013, 2:21:07 AM
I think there has been some breakdown of 'maths'. I will admit that I did not thoroughly read every post in this thread as it is quite large, although I did attempt a somewhat thorough flip through. I agree that the skill is probably not viable at this time -> however, I think the theoretical damage ceiling is higher than the numbers I ran across in my perusal of the thread.

100% not viable 119 point pure glass cannon can't kill anything because your dead before you do build:

137% inc proj. dmg
168% inc trap dmg
162% inc mine dmg
73% inc chaos dmg
89% inc DoT dmg
37% inc slower proj. gem lvl 20, q20
19$ inc faster proj. gem lvl 20
30% inc sunspot trap belt
40% inc Vulnerability curse
Total 'increased damage': 755%
Total 'increased damage' Multiplier': 8.55

trap gem multiplier lvl 20 1.34
remote mine gem multiplier lvl 20 1.49
concentrated effect gem multiplier 1.69

Base damage lvl 22 Poison Arrow (From Wiki): 332

6L Links: Poison Arrow + Concentrated Effect + Slower Projectiles + Faster Projectiles + Trap (support) + Remote Mine (support)

Maths:
Base dmg * mult1 * mult2 * mult3 * etc
322 * 8.55 * 1.34 * 1.49 * 1.69 =

9289.66 damage per second

Viable? no.
Reasonable? no.
Possible? not really.
Theoretically Possible? seems so.

There are probably some theorycraft wizards out there who could design a real build, I just hadn't seen that number thrown around -> thus, I figured I would hazard a post. Of coarse, if you increase the gem to lvl 25, as opposed to the lvl 22 gem I used in this example.... well........ the results are exponentially higher, but I will leave those of you who are good at this stuff to do that math :)
"
Kushite wrote:
I think there has been some breakdown of 'maths'. I will admit that I did not thoroughly read every post in this thread as it is quite large, although I did attempt a somewhat thorough flip through. I agree that the skill is probably not viable at this time -> however, I think the theoretical damage ceiling is higher than the numbers I ran across in my perusal of the thread.

100% not viable 119 point pure glass cannon can't kill anything because your dead before you do build:

137% inc proj. dmg
168% inc trap dmg
162% inc mine dmg
73% inc chaos dmg
89% inc DoT dmg
37% inc slower proj. gem lvl 20, q20
19$ inc faster proj. gem lvl 20
30% inc sunspot trap belt
40% inc Vulnerability curse
Total 'increased damage': 755%
Total 'increased damage' Multiplier': 8.55

trap gem multiplier lvl 20 1.34
remote mine gem multiplier lvl 20 1.49
concentrated effect gem multiplier 1.69

Base damage lvl 22 Poison Arrow (From Wiki): 332

6L Links: Poison Arrow + Concentrated Effect + Slower Projectiles + Faster Projectiles + Trap (support) + Remote Mine (support)

Maths:
Base dmg * mult1 * mult2 * mult3 * etc
322 * 8.55 * 1.34 * 1.49 * 1.69 =

9289.66 damage per second

Viable? no.
Reasonable? no.
Possible? not really.
Theoretically Possible? seems so.

There are probably some theorycraft wizards out there who could design a real build, I just hadn't seen that number thrown around -> thus, I figured I would hazard a post. Of coarse, if you increase the gem to lvl 25, as opposed to the lvl 22 gem I used in this example.... well........ the results are exponentially higher, but I will leave those of you who are good at this stuff to do that math :)

Vulnerability is 40% more damage instead of increased btw.

+ a maximized damage 6L would be:
PA + Concentrated + Trap + Remote Mine + Empower + Slower Projectiles on a +2 bow gems/+1 gems bow.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Dec 20, 2013, 8:48:52 PM
"
Kenzorz wrote:

+ a maximized damage 6L would be:
PA + Concentrated + Trap + Remote Mine + Empower + Slower Projectiles on a +2 bow gems/+1 gems bow.

Thank you for the corrections :) lets just say that with those changes.... well, we are talking about a massive amount of unattainable damage, are we not?
Are any more updates planned for bringing chaos degen damage in line? I don't think there's any denying that Poison Arrow is pretty damn lackluster now, even at absolute unreasonable maximum damage potential.

Would be a bit sad to see GGG just leave this one hanging after such promising updates.
"
Kenzorz wrote:

Sadly it isn't.
If you check the skills' thread you can find the Dev's comments about it. Originally it was "more", then changed to "increased" (quite some time ago too), to interact differently once they finally got the DoT scaling passives in.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info