Dominating Blow

"
Mizzajl wrote:
Edit: deleted old message, Contaced GGG support instead.
This (or the bug report forums) is the correct place to ask that question, and that is not a question to ask support. They don't know about game mechanics, they know how to help people having issues with the game or their account.
EDIT: I'd like to clarify this is by no means an attempt to diminish the support workers, merely an attempt to get people to ask mechanics questions here where they can be answered easily rather than having to wait for support to probably forward them to me, or someone else, and get a reply back that way.

"
Mizzajl wrote:
Hi, i am using Dominating blow together with arc+spell totem+elemental proliferation.
however when i dominate an monster that has shock status with proliferation my minions proliferate to me :) and i imagine this whould work for freeze and ignite also.

Dominating Blow working as intended with EE?
This is an unintended side effect of how those effects work. EE means instead of putting a burning debuff on one monster, you put a burning aura on that monster that applies to his allies. When you change the team of that monster, it still has that buff on it, and thus you're it's ally.
I've noted this behaviour down for a future improvement to how buffs work, so I can at that time look into giving buffs teams, so the buff isn't converted with the monster.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 13, 2013, 8:03:24 PM
Right now for me, a crit with dominating blow means shatter ( hatred aura ) and it doesn't convert the monster making the ability bad for me as I'm one of the few who stack crit on a 2 handed melee character.

I don't feel like giving away hatred aura to use this ability as it is such a huge boost to my dps.

Is it intended that you cannot convert a monster if you one shot shatter them with dominating blow?
Well you didn't really leave much to work with, now did you :P
Yes, it is intended that you cannot convert a monster that no longer exists.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

While it does make sense, it is unfortunate as it makes it difficult to party with cold casters as a Dominator.
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

While it does make sense, it is unfortunate as it makes it difficult to party with cold casters as a Dominator.

Same applies for raising zombies and spectres. IMHO It's more of a minion thing than a dominating blow thing.
Brutus. Do you even sync?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
Edit: deleted old message, Contaced GGG support instead.
This (or the bug report forums) is the correct place to ask that question, and that is not a question to ask support. They don't know about game mechanics, they know how to help people having issues with the game or their account.
EDIT: I'd like to clarify this is by no means an attempt to diminish the support workers, merely an attempt to get people to ask mechanics questions here where they can be answered easily rather than having to wait for support to probably forward them to me, or someone else, and get a reply back that way.

"
Mizzajl wrote:
Hi, i am using Dominating blow together with arc+spell totem+elemental proliferation.
however when i dominate an monster that has shock status with proliferation my minions proliferate to me :) and i imagine this whould work for freeze and ignite also.

Dominating Blow working as intended with EE?
This is an unintended side effect of how those effects work. EE means instead of putting a burning debuff on one monster, you put a burning aura on that monster that applies to his allies. When you change the team of that monster, it still has that buff on it, and thus you're it's ally.
I've noted this behaviour down for a future improvement to how buffs work, so I can at that time look into giving buffs teams, so the buff isn't converted with the monster.

sorry for bothering support with this, but with the additional info i provided in the mail i think this issue could be exploitable to a certain extent and i didnt want to advertice an exploit.
Why does Dominating a monster prevent its corpse exploitation? It makes Dominating Blow even worse than cold builds when you party wit ha summoner.

Any chance of changing that? Also Dominating Blow + Auras is awesome.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Hi,

After lots of theorycrafting with others and testing the skill, I concluded it is a very fun skill, and with this skill it is possible to do maps, while having terrible equipment. Still, allmost nobody uses this skill and I know why.

The skill is incredible frustrating to use. It is not only single target melee, but you also have to find your target between all your minions, before your own minions killed it. Basically the only way to do this is putting the skill at left mouse button, which makes it still annoying, and also increases the risk at desynq. The skill is strong but so annoying and frustrating that I couldnt handle playing it and I think the only thing that can help this skill if it could be used with autotarget or ranged so you can just shiftclick the group of minions and monsters without having to search for monsters and left click them.

That is why I propose to make the skill autotarget like flickerstrike or make the skill available with wands or bows, which will likely cause lots of OPness and needs adjustments for the skill. So please, just make it autatarget, like flickerstrike.

Spoiler

The build I concluded to work best was using Eldritch battery instead of blood magic gem, so I could add more supportgems to dominating blow itself, which work both for you as for your minions. And offcourse the build is loaded with insane amount of auras using 90% of mana and a big part of HP.

IGN: Imolt or Immek
Check my priced shop:
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/203445[/url]
Last edited by paljarro on Mar 19, 2013, 7:16:59 AM
Do you lose loot from monsters you convert?
Last edited by AtlasTelamon on Mar 22, 2013, 1:11:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info