Critical Weakness

You're looking at it wrong. There is no "actual chance to crit". Crit Chance is never multiplied with Hit Chance. That's not a mechanic, and as such Crit Weakness cannot interact with that in any way.

Whether the hit Crits or not is checked before the Crit Confirm roll is made (if the hit doesn't Crit, it doesn't make the roll). Critical Weakness influences whether the skill Crits or not. Ergo, it must come before Crit Confirm.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 25, 2013, 3:41:15 AM
Reposting from the 0.10.5 Patch Notes post I made.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Defilade wrote:
"Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion)."

I don't quite understand this. Isn't this how it has always worked? Like cyclone will roll a crit or not and if the intial crit roll happens everything cyclone hits will crit.

Yes, but it's saying that if you use Multistrike then the crit is rolled once and then applied to all repeats of the skill.

How would this work with the Critical Weakness curse? If one mob has the curse and the other doesn't. For example, I attack 2 mobs, one has the curse and the other doesn't. Would my crit chance be based off of the cursed or non-cursed mob?
This is how Crit Weakness functions. It will continue to function that way.

The patch notes refers to the Multistrike support gem only. Nothing else changes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 5, 2013, 10:04:21 AM
Im feeling terribly stupid here, reading through the whole thread I still cant figure out how this adds to my crit. multi. Will it be:

Base crit multi: 476% -> Cast lvl 1 curse -> multi damage becomes 476% +50% = 526%, or 476% x 1.5 = 714%?

Its the first one, right?
Last edited by Kimball on Apr 15, 2013, 10:43:52 AM
i'm confused too still i think, but it is definitely NOT your first guess.
it is either (in your example's case) (376% *1.5) +100% = 664% as in the post passive and the working on part above 100%.
or your second guess.
From the 1.10.7 Patch notes:

"
Fixed a bug where the additional critical damage applied by the Critical Weakness curse didn't work correctly.

Any clarification on this? Are we getting more or less damage then before?
Last edited by Pregapago on Apr 18, 2013, 4:10:47 PM
"
Pregapago wrote:
From the 1.10.7 Patch notes:

"
Fixed a bug where the additional critical damage applied by the Critical Weakness curse didn't work correctly.

Any clarification on this? Are we getting more or less damage then before?

Wondering the same thing.

Also, what exactly was happening under crit weakness before, and what will be happening now?
IGN: KoTao
My guess is that it's supposed to work the way it says in the wiki, but due to the same sort of error as with the marauder crit dmg reduction skill, it actually didn't work as expected.

The way it says in the wiki is that it multiplies your 'extra' crit dmg by a percent. (If you current have a 225% multiplier, say, then that's 125% extra damage.)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
That stat previously had no effect. This has been fixed.

There was a rounding error where a value was treated as an integer. If you had, say +40% extra damage taken from crits, and took a crit, it multiplied the extra damage by 1.4. Except the '1.4' was treated as an integer variable, and thus cut down to '1'. If you'd been able to get +100% it would suddenly work, but I don't think crit weakness goes that high.

Similarly, if you had 15% reduced extra damage taken from crits, such as with the marauder passives (which are the same stat, just with a negative, rather than positive value), it should multiply by 0.85, but this was an integer and thus it multiplied by 0, meaning you took no extra damage from enemy crits.
That explains why crit weakness always felt inferior dps-wise to proj weakness or an elem reduce curse.

Thanks for the explanation and the change!
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info