Critical Weakness

Please buff this spell. I just did some major testing running on a projectile-crit-ranger. If any class should use this curse, it's this one. However even here the Projectile Weakness curse is way better than Critical Weakness. And by "better" I mean they aren't even playing in the same league. Way superior.

The same thing goes for Elemental Weakness <-> Critical Weakness by the way. Critical Weakness tends to draw the short stick here, it just feels 'meh'. Please buff this curse to the same level as the other curses (since you normally only will use one).
"
ggsnake wrote:
Please buff this spell. I just did some major testing running on a projectile-crit-ranger. If any class should use this curse, it's this one. However even here the Projectile Weakness curse is way better than Critical Weakness. And by "better" I mean they aren't even playing in the same league. Way superior.

The same thing goes for Elemental Weakness <-> Critical Weakness by the way. Critical Weakness tends to draw the short stick here, it just feels 'meh'. Please buff this curse to the same level as the other curses (since you normally only will use one).

Well I think the curse is really fine.
The problem is you will need an insanely high crit chance (and crit-dmg, but chance is way more important) for that.

Currently there is only 1 skill wich really gives you an crit chance that high to make this curse better than Projectile Weakness/Elemental Weakness/Vulnerability: ICE SPEAR

perhaps it would work with insane crit daggers/wands (10+% base crit) and power charge crit-build too but didnt saw such a thing yet (highest I saw was 9+% base crit on an mid-lvl wand)
Last edited by azraelb on Feb 20, 2013, 7:23:44 AM
just to confirm, the +50% increased critical damage is applied to the extra crit damage above 100%?

i have:

Chance: 30.4%
Damage: 452%

attacking a monster with this curse at level one ill have:

Chance: 35.4%
Damage: 628%

would just like to confirm thanks.
Last edited by FistofNoRemorse on Feb 25, 2013, 3:19:06 AM
Using and thinking about this skill some today, and came to realize that it may not matter if you only curse a single monster in a large group of enemies.

The crit roll is done for an entire attack. If you are using anything with multiple projectiles, they either all crit, or none crit. So if you curse a single enemy, and spam any multiple projectile ability at them wouldn't it make sense that as long as you are targeting the cursed enemy, the rest will be subject to the higher crit chance as well? Perhaps not the increased crit multiplier though.

Yes? No?
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Feb 26, 2013, 6:36:39 PM
I explained how CW works on the previous page :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I explained how CW works on the previous page :P

Thanks Viper! So I guess the prevalent wisdom that the crit roll is global isn't 100% true in this case.

Thanks again, from a guy who obviously didn't read the previous page.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
The Crit roll is still per-cast, it's just not the only step to determining whether your hit Crits or not :) Just a little nuance that's missing in the saying, I guess.

CW is one of the cases where the distinction matters, as mentioned. The other? Every Attack.
Attacks have to roll a second Accuracy/Evasion check to 'Confirm' the Crit, which can also cause a skill to not Crit every target in range, despite rolling a Crit initially. :)
Wouldn't it make sense for the critical damage boost to be multiplicative? Contrary to its description, Critical Weakness actually becomes less effective the more focused on crits you are because the additive effects get weaker relatively as your base crit chance and multiplier increase.

As a wander with 25% or so critical chance and 220% modifier, the flat 25% total damage boost from Projectile Weakness is enough to outclass CW which at this point nets only ~23% more damage, and only on critical strikes. The crit chance bonus is additive too, so I only get 20% increased chance to crit; not enough to compensate for 25% more damage on normal hits and all the other goodies I could get with Projectile Weakness. In fact, I feel like I crit just as much with PW thanks to the evasion debuff.
I used lvl 1 gems here, but I think the comparison stands later on aswell. I abandoned my lvl 15 CW instantly when I tried out a lvl 1 PW.

This is my specific situation, but I imagine it applies to any build because every damage type has a multiplicative curse and most offer additional benefits with their damage boosts.
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
Last edited by Torrenz on Mar 15, 2013, 6:09:53 AM
the real confusion is how is the "above 100%" part read as.
it'll definitely be multiplicative because its a different calculation step, your damage you're dealing vs damage foe is taking.
Is the crit chance given from this skill affected by twin terrors? Is it affected by passives at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info