Critical Weakness

That is kinda easily attainable with dual-daggers, if they have 10% chance to crit. Even with one dagger and just 9% crit chance on it, you are still able to get 90% critical strike chance without any extreme efforts (even without bonus explicit clobal crit chance on amulet and weapon)
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
If you have over a 90% chance of critical strikes before using this curse, will the new critical strike chance be over 95%, or capped at 95%?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If you have over a 90% chance of critical strikes before using this curse, will the new critical strike chance be over 95%, or capped at 95%?
still capped, and this curse can provide more than 5% additive percent chance.
I think the difficult part in determining whether or not Critical Weakness is a better choice than Projectile Weakness is that more damage doesn't always mean better.

If you do the math, Projectile Weakness is superior to Critical Weakness in overall total damage/dps for critical multiplier values less than 300. (Critical Weakness is always better if you have over 300% increased crit multi...interesting, I think, that the curse scales more off of multi than it does off of chance) That being said, to be honest "most damage over time" is a nearly meaningless statistic. "Most killing potential over time" is really what you need to look at.

I run a crit-focused build and basically my crits are cannonballs where my normal hits are more like peas. With a normal hit, Merciless lifebars almost don't even move. Incredibly negligible damage. When I crit, though, stuff dies almost instantly. So Projectile Weakness basically makes my cannonballs larger and upgrades my peas to small rocks. With Project Weakness, my crits don't kill things any deader than they already did, and negligible damage * 1.3 is still negligible damage. Therefore, in my case at least, increasing my chance to land a crit will always be better than my crits doing more damage.

The only caveat to this is against bosses where sustained single target damage will always be more desirable. I feel like the debate over optimizing for more efficient boss killing or faster pack clearing is a discussion all on its own though.

TLDR, it is more or less dependent on your build unless your crit multiplier is 300% or more.
ign: weaklygdlk
"Charge chicken is dangerous, they are master of killing me." - fasknifer
"
Daze wrote:

How would this work with the Critical Weakness curse? If one mob has the curse and the other doesn't. For example, I attack 2 mobs, one has the curse and the other doesn't. Would my crit chance be based off of the cursed or non-cursed mob?

Can anybody please explain this???

What happens when some mobs are cursed and some are not cursed, in regards to crit chance.

Since skills/spells crit once per use, they will either all get critted or none of them will, but how is it calculated?
Last edited by Melkrow on Nov 12, 2013, 9:11:36 PM
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
Daze wrote:

How would this work with the Critical Weakness curse? If one mob has the curse and the other doesn't. For example, I attack 2 mobs, one has the curse and the other doesn't. Would my crit chance be based off of the cursed or non-cursed mob?

Can anybody please explain this???

What happens when some mobs are cursed and some are not cursed, in regards to crit chance.

Since skills/spells crit once per use, they will either all get critted or none of them will, but how is it calculated?
please read this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13695/page/6#p1365761
Well that's confusing as hell then. I also got a reply from mark with the same answer.

Question was if one monster was cursed, the other wasn't, how is crit chance calculated.
"

Exactly the same as in any other case.
All skills make only one crit roll, but your chance to crit against any particular monster can be different.
If your chance to crit against the non-cursed enemies is 20%, and your chance to crit against the cursed enemies is 25%, then if the skill's crit roll is < 20, you'll crit all of them, if it's >= 20 but < 25 you'll crit only the cursed ones, and if it's >= 25 you won't crit at all.

The confusing part is that I've never seen (or noticed) one mob get critted (in my case frozen because I'm using freezing pulse, no ele prolif) and another mob not critted and I've had a mix of cursed/non cursed mobs in there, especially with the new "bringer of bones" nemesis rares.

But if it works that way then I guess that answers that question.

I guess the key part to understanding is this little line
"
All skills make only one crit roll, but your chance to crit against any particular monster can be different.

Thanks.
Last edited by Melkrow on Nov 12, 2013, 11:20:39 PM
freeze pulse is also a bad skill to test due to diminishing damage on distance... and unless i forgotten, a built in freeze for point blank/melee range.
I have question. I use Incinerate and it has 0% chance to crit. The only way to crit with that spell is to use Critical Weakness. If I curse someone i get 5% crit chance, but can I increase it by taking increased critical chance? Or it's just 5% no matter what?
The Crit Chance from CW does not benefit from Increased Crit Chance; it is applied to the monster, not to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info