Cold Snap

"
Elemenz wrote:
Sucks, too low dmg, LOOOOOOOOOOONG AAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!

"The cooldown can be bypassed by expending a Power Charge."
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
for some odd reason my cold snap is not bypassing the cooldown.

edit: only reason i can think of why it's not working is because i got my voll's before it was changed. If that's the case it sucks. If that's not the case then i have no idea what's going on.

edit2: i guess i does work although it could use a fix. when i use the skill it goes on cooldown, if i have charges during that cooldown i can still spam the skill even though the icon show the skill is recharging.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Last edited by Pivovar on Jun 10, 2013, 5:02:09 PM
The reason I assume it still shows the cooldown even with charges is so that you are still having the spell cooldown normally that way you know when you can cast without expending a charge.
"bypass" does not mean "remove", it means "get around". The skill has a cooldown, and while it's on cooldown you can still use it (bypassing the cooldown that would usually prevent you from using it) by expending a charge. That has no effect on the fact the skill still is on cooldown, just that that cast ignores the fact.
My google-fu is weak..

Would a Spell Totem casting Cold Snap consume power charges from the player when trying to recast to avoid the cooldown?

So is this skill still viable using Voll's and possibly Taryn's?
Been thinking of making a Cold Snap build but was curious if the damage was going to be good enough.
"
Jokirr wrote:
So is this skill still viable using Voll's and possibly Taryn's?
Been thinking of making a Cold Snap build but was curious if the damage was going to be good enough.

FYI:
With 7 charges, my coldsnap's dps is 7,393 with cs + cp + ac (all level 18 gems, including cp in the calculation).
Without charges, its dps is 5,794.
With 7 charges and crit frask, first two cold snaps' average dps is around 13,489 (assuming crit chance were 100%).

Not so good, not so bad.
For maps, you would need around 9,000 dps when with 7 charges. 7,393 is not enough.
I miss this skill without the cooldown
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Just FYI, Cold Snap is a utility spell, not a DPS spell, and it is amazing. Increased Area of Effect, Cold Piercing, Elemental Proliferation = huge groups of mobs frozen. I use it with Ice Spear + Power Charge on Critical to keep 7 power charges up all the time; basically I can't die, because mobs don't fight back -

At all.
hi,

jep- use it as support. in traps . linked with elemental prof. increased area. wearing carass jack. frezze the whole screen ..

Cucu..

Bee´s Funf Fun Builder .. Eifel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info