Cold Snap

what happen if use unique boot(can not be frozen) in pvp with witch use cold snap, cold snap is not effect, can't freeze ?
IGN: DungDajHjep
My shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/234026
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/176707
"
Kotumser wrote:
for a 4 link coldsnap the best would be coldsnap + concentrated effect + added cold damage + elemental proliferation (for crowd control and damage)

I have done the math, cold pen > added cold dmg, less the cold dmg gem is 20% quality, but then the only benefit is the extra 10% chance to freeze, but, when you hit 3+ targets with a 60% chance to freeze (frostbite assumed) *warning guesstamationmathematiachcsss* you have about a 92% chance to freeze anyways (60% rolled 3 times only need 1 to hit bc of proliferation)
I am using

with

My build plan was to increase the aoe component of cold snap as much as possible while at the same time max out my crit chance so i could spam cold snap as both a dps spell and a cc spell.
I have all the "increased area of effect" passives and are currently working towards getting as many crit passives as i can aswell. I am using 3 40% auras with decreased mana cost and blood magic gems for all my spells since I have like 23 spellponts to spend. I also started at the shadow. I have 7 max power charges.

When all charges are up I have roughly 40% crit chance with cold snap. (50% with critical weakness)

At times this works out great, especially with critical weakness. I am however a bit weak since i dont use a shield and cant have a decent defencive armor. But since I can use cold snap semi sustained as long as I can chain crits on mobs then I do not need that much defence to stay alive. The radius is now big enough that I don't need Elemental Proliferation to freeze everything I want.

I am owning big packs in merciless no problem. Damage isnt as good as freeze pulse, but since I both damage and freeze mobs at the same time it doesnt matter, and if I have 5-7 power charges when i initiate the packs they always die before I run out of charges. I use freeze pulse to build charges and as a single target spell. The crazy good range also helps alot.

A small visual annoyance is that now that i got over 60% increased aoe effect radius the visual effect doesnt scale like curses do. The effect was the same size at 0% increase to aoe as it is now with over 60%.

First I thought the skill was bugged and was quite sad, but then i realized it was only a visual issue. I suggest scaling the spell effect like you have done with curses.

Great fun tho. Just wish I had a 6 link Volls Protector.

A fun side effect of this build is that i can use 1 curse and curse the whole screen :D
Last edited by noescape80 on Mar 14, 2013, 8:21:09 AM
I enjoy cold snap though I haven't used it much past normal. I had a freezing pulse/cold snap witch that did very well in low lvl pvp even though she wasn't geared for it. Perhaps I'll remake her as a twink if pvp becomes more ppopular.
^
As à lv70 Summon witch i keep using it since beginning. Because its freeze capability is very important for me for crowd control, i used frost wall too but i discovered that it only stops mobs but their projectiles pass over it. The only thing i would change is the cool down. Maybe via passive nods or increased mana cost each time in case of spam. I have only 2 attack spells arc and this one, cold snap also "shows" my minions their target. Really a great spell
Last edited by GnuGaru on Mar 23, 2013, 9:50:44 AM
What do you guys think about using it with new support that is coming next patch , that gives you chance to gain power charge on crit - depending on the %chance, it could propably replace volls and that will boost defense by opening that slot for end game chest.
Makes for a better skill overall. Needed power charges to bypass cooldown, now you can get power charges without using another skill.
volls just got even better for this build
IGN Macesaremanttofly
I had a bad ass fireball/coldsnap templar going until I died in a loading screen @ 72.

Cold snap with ele proliferation would insta freeze any white pack, freeze most blue mobs and sometimes rares... it was awesome and I got a lot of people saying they liked the build and it was actually pretty effective in maps.

but ya -- cold snap and elemental proliferation
^
Sucks, too low dmg, LOOOOOOOOOOONG AAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on Jun 1, 2013, 9:27:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info