Cold Snap

Acquire the other unique staff that boosts ice damage and increases AoE by 10%. Link the shiz outta cold snap and run ice spear with some supports. Get voll's protector, now use ice spear 1-2 times get a few power charges and spam cold snap till you get tired of all the "oh snap! gurl~"
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
lol at "acquire the unique staff", you know how rare that fker is?

Also, im finding playing in party with someone giving me powercharges is insanely fun.
This skill is OK but it's not very useful in merciless difficulty anymore for me. For my cold/CI witch it was a great spell early on (late normal / all the way through cruel) because it enabled me to kite-snipe problematic ranged enemies since I was so weak prior to having all my ES nodes up.

In merciless, it just doesn't do enough damage to be meaningful.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
i havent made it to merciless yet with my cold snap build but so far im just one shotting everything with it =/
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

"
Kotumser wrote:
i havent made it to merciless yet with my cold snap build but so far im just one shotting everything with it =/

Im in the same situation as Tackle, was useful but now that I am in merciless, it barely does any damage.

Maybe its a scaling issue?
"
tackle70 wrote:
This skill is OK but it's not very useful in merciless difficulty anymore for me. For my cold/CI witch it was a great spell early on (late normal / all the way through cruel) because it enabled me to kite-snipe problematic ranged enemies since I was so weak prior to having all my ES nodes up.

In merciless, it just doesn't do enough damage to be meaningful.

Ihave cold snap at level 17.

It does great damage!

Plus it freezes everything. Great skill. Too bad cooldown is a tad long.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Does anyone know if increased duration support gem increases the freeze duration, like it does with the chill duration of ice spear?

also does increased area of effect support gem increase the aoe for the elemental proliferation?
<3ggg
Status Ailments do not benefit from Increased Duration.
EP is an AoE, and does benefit from AoE increases.
thx for the quick answer!

oh i missread the chill part an ice spear xD
"Increased Chill Duration: Chill effects caused by either form will last longer than they normally would for the given damage value." only the chill duration of the skill itself is ment...kk

sooo as i see it, best 4L combination would be
cold snap + aoe + elemental proliferation + cold penetration
for crowd control that is
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Feb 26, 2013, 8:33:00 PM
for a 4 link coldsnap the best would be coldsnap + concentrated effect + added cold damage + elemental proliferation (for crowd control and damage)
then i ll ignore u."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info