Blood Rage

Thanks!
*Pending impressive statement of some variety*
lol yes i meant enhance, geez i'll keep swapping them up at this rate.
Hello, today I noticed something.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/470922028368692210/389579A1A11E8BA4043E767709B3EA7A390F16CC/
This is just a screenshot showing my DPS of Double Strike

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470922028368611449/D58AB7EB6617448CE407C7AE70A3DEF7E4D269BD/
But this is a second screenshot showing my DPS of Double Strike with Blood Rage activated.

I don't think BR is supposed to lower the DPS of skills, is it?
Last edited by exc3ssive29 on Dec 10, 2013, 10:22:05 PM
I'm having the same problem; when I turn on Blood Rage, my Cyclone damage goes down ~5k. When it wears off, it goes back up after a few seconds.
"
exc3ssive29 wrote:
Hello, today I noticed something.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/470922028368692210/389579A1A11E8BA4043E767709B3EA7A390F16CC/
This is just a screenshot showing my DPS of Double Strike

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470922028368611449/D58AB7EB6617448CE407C7AE70A3DEF7E4D269BD/
But this is a second screenshot showing my DPS of Double Strike with Blood Rage activated.

I don't think BR is supposed to lower the DPS of skills, is it?

...you're using Melee Damage on Full Life to support the skill.
Am I the only one who thinks Blood Rage is overpowered? You can get more than 94% attack speed from having Blood Rage active alone through empower/enhance in a +gem item with increased buff passives (i.e. inner force). Additionally, you get 18.352% life steal and frenzy charges after ever kill, giving you +15% attack speed in the event of having 3 charges (which everyone can get)... obviously it could get even higher if you took extra frenzy charges. Isn't that a bit too retarded when the only drawback is being forced to go low life + take chaos damage per second? Especially since you only need a 3-link for this so you can happily put a 2nd gem in your item which will also get the empower/enhance bonus...
Beyond league.
"
Am I the only one who thinks Blood Rage is overpowered? You can get more than 94% attack speed from having Blood Rage active alone through empower/enhance in a +gem item with increased buff passives (i.e. inner force). Additionally, you get 18.352% life steal and frenzy charges after ever kill, giving you +15% attack speed in the event of having 3 charges (which everyone can get)... obviously it could get even higher if you took extra frenzy charges. Isn't that a bit too retarded when the only drawback is being forced to go low life + take chaos damage per second? Especially since you only need a 3-link for this so you can happily put a 2nd gem in your item which will also get the empower/enhance bonus...

Attack speed applies only on low life. Without Shavrone, chaos damage at low life will kill you very quickly. So, you need an endgame unique (Shavrone's wrappings) to make it work there.
Or, you can get CI and use blood rage for free, but no AS on lowlife bonus there. I still dont see OP there...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

Attack speed applies only on low life. Without Shavrone, chaos damage at low life will kill you very quickly. So, you need an endgame unique (Shavrone's wrappings) to make it work there.
Or, you can get CI and use blood rage for free, but no AS on lowlife bonus there. I still dont see OP there...

No need for uniques. It just takes decent life regen and a couple pieces of gear with chaos res.

I use a pair of gloves and a ring to up my chaos res to -17. With 170 HP/s regen I only lose 1 or 2 HP a second. So, I trade 170 regen for 6% life leech; not a bad trade.
I would like to suggest here that Blood Rage be made a bit more spellcaster friendly, i.e. tweak it so that spellcasting benefits are on par with attack ones.

I posted this on the suggestion forum but, since the thread was about suggesting a frenzy-like spell, it likely got overlooked.

PRESENTATION

Right now Blood Rage benefits attack-based builds considerably more than spellcasters. The reason for this is not known to me. This is how I see the skill:

Life-based builds:

- HP/Attack-based characters get attack speed on low life, frenzy charges on kill and life leech. Chaos degen applies. Low life builds are however very expensive to run effectively (Shav's pretty much mandatory due to chaos damage bypassing the energy shield).

- HP/Spellcasters get only frenzy charges on kill, since attack speed and life leech do not apply to spells. Chaos degen applies.

Chaos Inoculation builds:

- CI/Attack-based characters get frenzy charges on kill and life leech, but not attack speed since they are always at full life. The chaos degen does not apply. This is a quite popular skill for CI builds, indeed.

- CI/Spellcaster characters get only frenzy charges on kill. Chaos degen does not apply.

SUGGESTION

I have a level 84 CI EK witch; but since I am still relatively new to the game I'll refrain from making an actual balance suggestion. However, it seems clear to me that spellcasting speed on low life and physical damage(%) from spells leeched back as life are the missing features.

Have a good one.
Last edited by FogGene on Dec 22, 2013, 7:25:07 AM
"

No need for uniques. It just takes decent life regen and a couple pieces of gear with chaos res.

I use a pair of gloves and a ring to up my chaos res to -17. With 170 HP/s regen I only lose 1 or 2 HP a second. So, I trade 170 regen for 6% life leech; not a bad trade.

You need tobe on low life to benefit from Attack Speed boost. Of course, you should cover HP loss with regen. But without decent ES and Shavrone, i wouldnt recommended running low-life.. So, you traded regen for leech, and that's ok, and nothing OP here. OP comes with lowlife, but since it requires endgame uniques, it isnt so OP, actually.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info