Blood Rage

Can you use a rejuvination totem linked to cast on damage taken to proc life regen whenever you turn blood rage on?
"
mojoz wrote:
Can you use a rejuvination totem linked to cast on damage taken to proc life regen whenever you turn blood rage on?

no blood rage does not trigger cast on damage taken but you can link the totem and will be casted right before you when you get damage (other than the blood rage debuff)
"
mojoz wrote:

no blood rage does not trigger cast on damage taken but you can link the totem and will be casted right before you when you get damage (other than the blood rage debuff)
"
I hate how this % scales with your health. I've found this near impossible to use with a life build, even when I've tried to compensate with many regen nodes. I'm sure there are life builds that can use this in merciless, but none of mine have been good enough to do it and not have my survivabilty crushed.

I'm using it for farming, but i use life leech
Please can you change the damage over time? seriously, in higher difficulties the chaos damage is way too high that even if you try to get some decent life regen it gets always higher in Merciless difficulty due to the Chaos Resistance reduction...
you can compensate blood rage %life loss with a HP potion which has increased regeneration but reduced regeneration time. as long as you don´t have 100% hp the hp potion will regenerate what you are losing.

from my point I play with discharger and everytime I start blood rage it is like playing on drugs. I can´t stand still for a second because I always need to discharge for the life leech, or else I die.

I started using frenzy for frenzy charges, instead of blood rage. ^^ less complicated, easier to use

also in merciless chaos resistance is needed for blood rage which is really difficult to do. as a life user you have other advantages (like you get frozen less, shocked less etc.) because of life pool. CI user have other advantages.

you can´t have everything. I really like the way how GGG did this :)

anyway, yes.. blood rage could have a little bit reduced costs to make it more viable for more builds. but I really would like to see "frenzy on hit" instead of frenzy charge on death. blood rage is pretty useless for endboss encounter if no additional monsters are around.
Last edited by Mephos on Nov 8, 2013, 5:57:46 AM
"
Mephos wrote:
you can compensate blood rage %life loss with a HP potion which has increased regeneration but reduced regeneration time. as long as you don´t have 100% hp the hp potion will regenerate what you are losing.

from my point I play with discharger and everytime I start blood rage it is like playing on drugs. I can´t stand still for a second because I always need to discharge for the life leech, or else I die.

I started using frenzy for frenzy charges, instead of blood rage. ^^ less complicated, easier to use

also in merciless chaos resistance is needed for blood rage which is really difficult to do. as a life user you have other advantages (like you get frozen less, shocked less etc.) because of life pool. CI user have other advantages.

anyway, yes.. blood rage could have a little bit reduced costs to make it more viable for more builds. but I really would like to see "frenzy on hit" instead of frenzy charge on death. blood rage is pretty useless for endboss encounter if no additional monsters are around.

I agree after thinking a little more on the skills it has 3 issues in my opinion:

- The increase of attack speed while Low Life : usually when you build for using Blood Rage you'll look for life regeneration and life leech. So you almost NEVER get to use that bonus.

- As you said, the skillgem Frenzy is way more interesting because it has no drawbacks and let you generate Frenzy Charges way more easily, it's perfect against bosses and long fights.

- Chaos damage makes this skill usable for 2 types of builds : those who use Chaos Innoculation or have an extreme high life regeneration.

This skill just needs some changes because it looks interesting on paper but in fact it gets useless on Merciless.
Last edited by Fatabot on Nov 8, 2013, 11:23:06 AM
I use this ability in conjunction with Cyclone/Life Gain On Hit/Endurance Charge On Stun. I generate Frenzy and Endurance charges very quickly and the per second loss of life is almost meaningless. I can't take advantage of the attack speed portion of the skill, but getting free Frenzy charges blows up my DPS and my rate of life gain.
"
Fatabot wrote:
"
Mephos wrote:

I agree after thinking a little more on the skills it has 3 issues in my opinion:

- The increase of attack speed while Low Life : usually when you build for using Blood Rage you'll look for life regeneration and life leech. So you almost NEVER get to use that bonus.

- As you said, the skillgem Frenzy is way more interesting because it has no drawbacks and let you generate Frenzy Charges way more easily, it's perfect against bosses and long fights.

- Chaos damage makes this skill usable for 2 types of builds : those who use Chaos Innoculation or have an extreme high life regeneration.

This skill just needs some changes because it looks interesting on paper but in fact it gets useless on Merciless.

This skill is very good for Low Life, Cast on Crit builds. I use it when running maps in merciless so its not "useless".
Last edited by ShinoRagnar on Nov 11, 2013, 8:10:25 AM
I think generally speaking there is an issue with viability on blood rage when used on non CI characters, and its mainly the chaos degen being so high due to the chaos resist penalty in merc.

Although Blood Rage is definitely viable for low life builds (I am using it myself for my perma flicker strike build, which is non CI), such builds often use vaals pact, and you can forget about using blood rage with vaals pact (with a devouring totem, its doable, but you really need a portal gem because you can kill yourself easily with the chaos degen)

As has been pointed out, getting to 0 chaos resist is really hard in merciless, capping it is borderline unfeasible.

Since its an issue with vaal pact, maybe make vaal pact provide chaos resistance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info