Blood Rage

I'm currently using lvl 19 Cast When Damage Taken linked with lvl 19 Bloodrage.

My CoDT recently lvl'd up. And now I'm facing an issue I didn't see coming. The damage increase from CoDT makes bloodrage do more damage to me. I originally took bloodrage to counter the attackspeed decrease from Deshret's Vise.

But even now with 223 life regenerated/second and 4032 life(-60% chaos res) I can't keep my hp up when bloodrage pops, without an enemy to leech life from. - ATM it's just a minor annoyance as it's very little hp I actually lose from this. But I specced heavy into life regen, and I even have 6 healing Endurance Charges. Tree:
I'm using a staff, and suppose I'm better off with 25% block than people doing my thing, but using a different type of 2hander instead.

Simple solution for me is just to use lvl1 CoDT. That way I should actually take less chaos damage from BR. But then I will have to use Determination instead of Haste, to compensate for the loss of armor from molten shell, and I will end up weakening myself just to maintain some armor. And I do need that armor.
I can also just use 2 different gems, get 1 to lvl 20 and have the other stay at lvl1, but I would prefer to just stick with 1 of theese guys and level it out max, or I'll be stuck with a few empty sockets, and I don't like empty sockets.

I'm assuming this is intended behaviour, since I read that Inner Force also made the degen do more damage. But is it really fair? - I'm full bloodmagic and already have 26% reserved hp from haste. I can't do this without bloodmagic. Not enough points for enough mana regen/more mana. And on top of that, there is no way to remove buffs before time, other than portal. At least not that I know of. Reduced duration would help a little with bloodrage, but in some situations this is not enough. If bloodrage pop and I have nothing left to kill, I'm going to die unless I use a portal.
I also want to mention I have to take 3080 damage before CWDT procs, and with aura on I have 2983 hp to work with. - But I can live with it. I just have to start slow before the fun begins... Like the summoners. But only the summoners lose 5 minutes of "get ready time" every time they disconnect. I miss my summoner.

Boring story about a map:
Spoiler
I did a map that was inhabited by sea witches and their spawn, thinking this would be the easiest map I ever did. But the chaos damage!! OMG... It was both crazy and fun to try... But with this guy I'm never going to face such a map ever again. I can accept this combo of map mods just being my nemisis, but my pride really doesn't like being slain by the spawn of Sea Witches...

With vitality being reduced to 40% instead of 60%, and Mortal Conviction reducing more reserved mana than before, this looks like you don't want bloodmagic users to use any aura but Vitality? -
Spoiler
I know I took it a little too far. I'm not rly serious about this part and not too serious about the others either. I may just be in a mild form of shock over my discovery about blood rage. I actually think it's pretty cool in some nerdy way to run with a self punishing build(also using abyssus ofc with pure physical) and having to keep killing in order to stay alive. But something about all of this feels very odd.
Last edited by VeryBrightLight on Nov 14, 2013, 1:54:52 AM
Cast when Damage Taken has a simple Increased Damage modifier. This currently does not apply to Damage over Time; Damage and DoT are separate mechanics. They will be 'merged' in the nearby future, mind.

You have 4023 Life, and are taking 3.8% Max Life per Second as Chaos Damage.
4023 * 0.038 = 152.874
153 * 1.6 = 244.8 Chaos Damage per Second

You're taking damage due to your Chaos Resists, not CwDT :)

Inner Force applies because it's a multiplier to the values on the Skill; it multiplies the base percent-damage value.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 14, 2013, 8:27:44 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Cast when Damage Taken has a simple Increased Damage modifier. This currently does not apply to Damage over Time; Damage and DoT are separate mechanics. They will be 'merged' in the nearby future, mind.

4023 * 0.038 = 152.874

Inner Force applies because it's a multiplier to the values on the Skill; it multiplies the base percent-damage value.

Thank you. I guess the degen must be due to recent gear upgrades. I might have had some chaos resist on my belt before I got meginord's girdle. That makes sence. But with my head under my arm I went WTF mode instantly :3
Last edited by VeryBrightLight on Nov 14, 2013, 9:55:08 AM
Just a quick question here. Does the life leech from Blood Rage apply with The Goddess Scorned weapon?
I'm asking this because The Goddess Scorned converts all the physical damage to fire damage, while Blood Rage leeches only physical damage from attacks.
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

4023 * 0.038 = 152.874

Thank you. I guess the degen must be due to recent gear upgrades. I might have had some chaos resist on my belt before I got meginord's girdle. That makes sence. But with my head under my arm I went WTF mode instantly :3
also of note, the cast on damage taken gem is continual counter, it isn't "take that amount of damage at once time". you can take 1000 damage from one group, then 2000 from another and it'll cast your gems then. only issue (for you but not others?) from this is that molten shell is that it'll blow up before codt recasts it.
"
Misu1 wrote:
Just a quick question here. Does the life leech from Blood Rage apply with The Goddess Scorned weapon?

Yes, you will Leech x% of your zero Physical damage :P You only deal Fire Damage, and only Leech from Physical.
When Blood rage Activated, I can only see if it's ON by upside of screen.

But as you know, when with many buff or debuff and Monster's Life guage,

I can't see the Blood rage's status, if on or off.

But in contrast, Arctic armour is seen in upside of screen and skill selection

In upper situation, I'm using blood rage and arctic armour.

Both of skills cannot be seen in upside of screen hidden by Monster Life quage,

But u can see the status of Arctic amour in skill selection,

but cant see the status of Blood rage in skill selection.

Sometimes, Blood rage's status is very important to someone who is relying it's Life leech

on Bloodrage.

In my case, Bloodrage's high Life leech is very critical and If it is off,

I can seldom leech life.

I know that it will be much better if I use Increased duration,

but by restriction of socket, I cant.

Not only this case, many people think that upper side of screen is needed to be

cleared. Sometime it is very complexed and seldom identify.

If GGG see this thread, plz clear the upside of screen.

Thanks/
Last edited by kaiserhose on Nov 20, 2013, 12:28:14 PM
Hello.

Aside from Increased Duration, what else can I usefully link to Blood Rage? :)
*Pending impressive statement of some variety*
"
copaceticus wrote:
Hello.

empower support gem. so far nothing else other than blood magic for a different cost in both amount and type.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
copaceticus wrote:
Hello.

empower support gem. so far nothing else other than blood magic for a different cost in both amount and type.

Dont forget Enhance. More leech is always welcome.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info